Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Logan McDonald - Rising Star nomination

Senior Player

Logan McDonald - Rising Star nomination

I was really pleased tonight to read the Logan is the much deserved Rising Star nominee this week.

Here's an article on it, with some great quotes from Logan which show his maturity and investment in the club: The next Buddy? Emerging Swan Logan McDonald picks up Rising Star nod.

I was reflecting over the weekend how fortunate we are as supporters that the club has drafted such an exciting successor to Franklin.

Veterans List
    I just finished reading the article on the swans app. I love how he said that it was great to come to the club each day with his best mates and get to work.

Reefer Madness
    Blog Entries
    Thanks again Paps and your wayward boot that day!

But seriously, worth noting he did his best work in the second quarter on Lever. Wasn’t like they had some bum tracking him. In each of the two goals he kicked, and his involvement in the contest on the wing before Rowbottom kicked to Reid, he beat Lever or outsmarted him in reading the play.
    'Delicious' is a fun word to say

Great news and really well deserved recognition for Logan. At different times he beat Lever, Petty and Tomlinson for the ball. All excellent players in their own right.

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

Out of Bounds on the Full Goal Sneak's Avatar
    Congratulations Logan, much deserved nomination.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by i'm-uninformed2 View Post
    Thanks again Paps and your wayward boot that day!

But seriously, worth noting he did his best work in the second quarter on Lever. Wasn’t like they had some bum tracking him. In each of the two goals he kicked, and his involvement in the contest on the wing before Rowbottom kicked to Reid, he beat Lever or outsmarted him in reading the play.
    Logan's involvement in the lead up to that Reid goal was one of my favourite moments of the game. He's got excellent vision and handball skill.

He executed another one of those over the shoulder handballs in the forward 50 on Saturday - it led to Papley's poster in the third. See here, extended highlights, 12.28 in the third quarter:
    AFL Stats - AFL.com.au.

Suspended by the MRP
    Fantastic talent

He is going to be interviewed tomorrow night on 360. Agreed that he is a great talent. He seems a quiet, humble young man too!

Regular in the Side
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by MattW View Post
    I was really pleased tonight to read the Logan is the much deserved Rising Star nominee this week.

Here's an article on it, with some great quotes from Logan which show his maturity and investment in the club: The next Buddy? Emerging Swan Logan McDonald picks up Rising Star nod.

I was reflecting over the weekend how fortunate we are as supporters that the club has drafted such an exciting successor to Franklin.
    The Next Buddy? Let not put too much pressure on the young man.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by crackedactor 01 View Post
    Jamarra Ugle-Hasan has been tagged as the next Buddy, and look where he is at the moment.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by crackedactor 01 View Post
    They're your words, not mine mate.

Tonight on AFL360, Logan referred to himself as having played as the number one forward in Lance's absence last Saturday night. That will ultimately be his full-time role. It's just a statement of fact.

He’s pretty together , speaks v well , straight up and grounded , speaks volumes for the club culture and training.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast