Thread: The Swans stance on COVID risks?

The Swans stance on COVID risks?

For the previous couple of seasons the Swans have taken the stance of limiting player interaction with supporters to avoid COVID exposure. They discouraged things like selfies and autographs - understandably - where potentially exposed supporters got within 1.5m of the players. At club functions, players were separated from supporters (if supporters were permitted to attend at all). And charter flights were used when travelling to ensure that players weren’t exposed to the general public.

Does anyone know if this is still the Club’s stance? You do see players “high fiving” supporters and signing the odd item. But are supporters permitted to approach the playing group? Do they still charter flights to avoid the public at airports? Are there open training sessions or player attended functions?

Senior Player
    Was it Andrew Pridham who called the Buddy 1000 celebrations a super-spreader event?. I suspect the club has "moved on"
    from Covid.

I saw TV report this week the AFL will stop chartering flights for travelling teams and resume using domestic flights.

Senior Player
    - - - Updated - -

- - - Updated - - -

They came back from Melb last Sunday on a charter.

Suspended by the MRP
    Get down to Tramway and you can see the squad train , they have little chats and take photos if you ask . No restrictions

Veterans List
    There was an open training session at the MCG last Friday and I saw photos of players signing autographs and taking selfies.