Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Round 13: they're all other games.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by i'm-uninformed2 View Post
    Allir is exceptional when he’s allowed to play loose and intercept. But clubs have worked out that he needs to be held accountable and he’s not a great one on one defender against proper key forwards. Key defence is a weakness for Port so he’s forced to play the role he doesn’t like, particularly when the opposition plays three tall forwards.
    Like next week when we play Buddy, McDonald and the re-born Sam Reid?

I was at the Port game last night. They broke even in many areas but their kicking into the forward 50 was deplorable. Kept giving it to the Tigers' defenders. It cost them the game in my view.

Quote Originally Posted by Aprilbr View Post
    I was at the Port game last night. They broke even in many areas but their kicking into the forward 50 was deplorable. Kept giving it to the Tigers' defenders. It cost them the game in my view.
    Which means that the Iron McCartin should hold up well next week. I also thought that Richmond had a bit more outside dash, which we should also be able to exploit.

Senior Player
    Interesting that the odds makers have us as almost the slightest of favourites against us. I know it is their home ground and they are 5-2 in their last seven games, but I would have thought we were better than $1.85 vs $1.95. The market seems to think this is a genuine 50-50 game.

Senior Player
    And I saw we are fifth favourite at 11-1 to win the flag. I think we are better than that. Maybe $8.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by i'm-uninformed2 View Post
    If you’ve watched the closing minutes of the match tonight, you’ll know why I’m on a let’s recruit Liam Baker streak.
    He was very good....but I don't think he's going anywhere unfortunately.

Happy to go back: Tiger Liam Baker growing in belief and playing with a chip on his shoulder

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Maltopia View Post
    Interesting that the odds makers have us as almost the slightest of favourites against us. I know it is their home ground and they are 5-2 in their last seven games, but I would have thought we were better than $1.85 vs $1.95. The market seems to think this is a genuine 50-50 game.
    Sorry, I mean to say we are only slight favourites against Port Adelaide.

Reefer Madness
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by stevoswan View Post
    He was very good....but I don't think he's going anywhere unfortunately.

Happy to go back: Tiger Liam Baker growing in belief and playing with a chip on his shoulder
    I know. Just a personal kick of mine. I reckon he'd be a total joy to coach, play with and cheer on. One of my favourite non-Swans.
    'Delicious' is a fun word to say

Senior Player
    *unashamedly cheering for Dylan Shiel*

Reefer Madness
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by MattW View Post
    He really is such a hack these days, always was too. A one way runner with no composure or skills under pressure.
    'Delicious' is a fun word to say

Quote Originally Posted by MattW View Post
    I thought he was the Bombers best tonight. Tried hard in a side that would be hard to support. Carlton looked spent after half time and a better side would have knocked them off their perch. They were ripe for the picking but Essendon were abysmal when it came to converting opportunities.

Veterans List
    With three dreadful teams this season, every other team is getting bonus wins so you'll need a minimum of 13 wins to make finals and maybe good %. Could even be a team gets 13 wins and doesn't make it.

On that basis, Port now need 8 wins from 10 games, lose to us next week at it becomes an impossible 9 from 10 so they'll be desperate in front of their home crowd against us. They did look nicely banged up at the end of Thursday night's game :-)

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast