Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Pre match Round 14 vs Port Adelaide at Adelaide Oval, Saturday 18 June, 1:45 PM (Sydney time)

Suspended by the MRP
    Hope aliir brings his nappy , will be a nervous wreck against our fwd line Bud Reid Mcdonald all in form .

Quote Originally Posted by TheBloods View Post
    Hope aliir brings his nappy , will be a nervous wreck against our fwd line Bud Reid Mcdonald all in form .
    Hope he brings his fumbles game- at times I was very nervous when he played for us but nevertheless loved the bloke and his infectious smile! As long as we win, don’t mind if he plays well.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Maltopia View Post
    Port has been in reasonable form, with a 5-2 record since their horrid 0-5 start.

They have one of the most potent ruck duos so we might need Hickey if fit, but I think Reid should stay after his great game vs Melbourne.

In: Franklin and if fit, Cunningham, otherwise Campbell
    Out: Almartey and COR.
    Think you're confusing Port 2021 with the 2022 version. Played without a ruckman last week, used ex GWS Finlayson. Talk on Adelaide tv that they may bring back 6 gamer Hayes this week or use mid season WA recruit Teakle who has been impressing in the SANFL.

Ladder is tightening right up, lose this and we likely slip out of the 8!! A must win game to advance us but finally kill off Port's finals chances.

With three dreadful teams at the bottom this season, you'll need 13 wins plus good % to make finals.

Senior Player
    With our recent trend, we are likely to fall behind in the first quarter/half by quite a bit and then have to mount a comeback.

Will we have the zip after a bye to increase our efforts at the context after another slow start?

Last year I would have lol'ed at the thought of a player wearing a nappy, but now we have players like mason Cox wearing swimming goggles, so who knows anymore?.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by barry View Post
    Last year I would have lol'ed at the thought of a player wearing a nappy, but now we have players like mason Cox wearing swimming goggles, so who knows anymore?.
    I never saw him play but I was intrigued by the story of Geoff Blethyn who wore glasses back in the 70’s .
    They were apparently unbreakable and were covered with rubber so they couldn’t impact on an opposition player at all.
    He could obviously play as he averaged 2.5 goals a game over his career.

Suspended by the MRP
    Quote Originally Posted by Faunac8 View Post
    I never saw him play but I was intrigued by the story of Geoff Blethyn who wore glasses back in the 70’s .
    They were apparently unbreakable and were covered with rubber so they couldn’t impact on an opposition player at all.
    Cox cant play , he is a dud but good on him for looking after his eye after hes had issues with it

Cox cant play , he is a dud
    You obviously didn't watch the game yesterday.

Suspended by the MRP
    Quote Originally Posted by aardvark View Post
    You obviously didn't watch the game yesterday.
    I did watch the game yesterday , it was his standard one big game every 3 months against nobody . 8 marks , not even half of them contested . He is no good as soon as you put anyone decent on him . Looks like Carey when you let him run around doing whatever he wants . Thats a dud to me

Senior Player
    I did watch the game yesterday , it was his standard one big game every 3 months against nobody . 8 marks , not even half of them contested . He is no good as soon as you put anyone decent on him . Looks like Carey when you let him run around doing whatever he wants . Thats a dud to me
    Can’t say I completely disagree but Melbourne until yesterday were top of the ladder and defending premiers so hardly nobody.

Veterans List
    Cox cant play , he is a dud but good on him for looking after his eye after hes had issues with it
    Played pretty damn well yesterday.....but yes, his good games are few and far between.

- - - Updated - - -

I was at the game at Windy Hill in 1972 when Blethyn kicked his hundredth goal for the season, ran onto the ground with all the other fans....it was great fun. Blethyn was a dead eye kick for goal.....seems his glasses worked!

Suspended by the MRP
    Can’t say I completely disagree but Melbourne until yesterday were top of the ladder and defending premiers so hardly nobody.
    Not the team , his opponent . Nobody . No one went near him ,Any time he has someone near him he turns to water .Gawn looked stuffed yesterday .

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast