Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Pre match Round 14 vs Port Adelaide at Adelaide Oval, Saturday 18 June, 1:45 PM (Sydney time)

Suspended by the MRP
    Lahdams playing this week , Buddy also . Sounded like they dont know about 2 rucks

It doesn't sound like Hickey will come in this week. I have my doubts about Harry as well. It's probably Buddy in for Amartey and then picking 2 of these 5 players: COR, Fox, Cunningham, Ronke, Campbell. It may come down to whoever looks best at training.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Faunac8 View Post
    I never saw him play but I was intrigued by the story of Geoff Blethyn who wore glasses back in the 70’s .
    They were apparently unbreakable and were covered with rubber so they couldn’t impact on an opposition player at all.
    He could obviously play as he averaged 2.5 goals a game over his career.
    He played at the opposite end of the ground to Matthews.

If Hickey is fit, he plays, we are a 2 ruck team. Ladhams and Hickey play.

Reid ahead of Amartey and Mclean, obviously been killing it.
    I think we want Amartey to be the next guy but no denying Reid atm

Harry, needs a week in the 2s at least.

Campbell has to play.

Quote Originally Posted by waswan View Post

Campbell has to play.
    We've only played 2 rucks in 2 of our 12 games, so I don't see how that makes us a 2 ruck team. Seems more like a 1 ruck team to me. Plus, all of our forwards are fit and most are in good form. I doubt Hickey will play.

A lot of us would like to see Campbell in the side, including me, but the fact that he hasn't been making the 22 of late would imply that he doesn't have to play. He has some competition for a spot. Without any injuries to our usual starters, it's hard to break into the side atm.

Suspended by the MRP
    Quote Originally Posted by waswan View Post

Campbell has to play.
    5 talls , no chance

Regular in the Side Velour&Ruffles's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBloods View Post
    I did watch the game yesterday , it was his standard one big game every 3 months against nobody . 8 marks , not even half of them contested . He is no good as soon as you put anyone decent on him . Looks like Carey when you let him run around doing whatever he wants . Thats a dud to me
    Yeah, he only tears opposition apart in huge games, on the biggest stages. Like you, I'd much rather have someone who steps up in nothing games.
    My opinion is objective truth in its purest form

Suspended by the MRP
    Quote Originally Posted by Velour&Ruffles View Post
    Yeah, he only tears opposition apart in huge games, on the biggest stages. Like you, I'd much rather have someone who steps up in nothing games.
    i will settle for someone stepping up more than once a financial year , thanks

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    It doesn't sound like Hickey will come in this week. I have my doubts about Harry as well. It's probably Buddy in for Amartey and then picking 2 of these 5 players: COR, Fox, Cunningham, Ronke, Campbell. It may come down to whoever looks best at training.
    I'm expecting Fox is best 22 from this point.

Campbell and Cunningham are vying for the same spot. If we play in the grand final, entirely fit, I'd expect Campbell to be the medical sub.

Quote Originally Posted by Velour&Ruffles View Post
    Like Gary Rohan you mean. Perfect player for Geelong given his inability to play well in finals!

i will settle for someone stepping up more than once a financial year , thanks
    Agreed TB, though I wouldn’t call him a dud as he can play but has been inconsistent. You would think with his height advantage he could win a game off his own boot, but goes missing often. Currently though, he seems to be doing better and the Pies looked very good lately with him in the team. Gawn did have an off day though.

5 talls , no chance
    Reid Logan Buddy can all play up the ground and will all lay more tackles then our small fwd.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast