Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Pre match Round 14 vs Port Adelaide at Adelaide Oval, Saturday 18 June, 1:45 PM (Sydney time)

Suspended by the MRP
    Spewing for Sheather but he will be a star

Is it feasible we can play 5 talls this week by having Buddy playing higher up the up ground, with McDonald and Reid as our key forwards, Ladhams/Hickey rotating as third tall forward?

This would allow us to become less predictable and Buddy centric, allowing Buddy to deliver forwards Sliver service with his elite kicking or even dobbing a few himself. He could be a difficult matchup in this role. Weather and ground could make this a feasible option this week. Only concern whether Buddy is up to playing this role considering his age/fitness level

Quote Originally Posted by Goal Sneak View Post
    Yep, signed for 2023
    Ta. Pleased that he has. He's possibly our most physical tackler? And while he's yet to put together a dominant four quarter game, there's been plenty of moments that suggest that he'll make the grade.

Ego alta, ergo ictus Ruck'n'Roll's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by KSAS View Post
    Only concern whether Buddy is up to playing this role considering his age/fitness level
    It's been tried previously, but somehow Buddy keeps ending up inside 50.
    Loose translation from the Latin is - I am tall, so I hit out.

Suspended by the MRP
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruck'n'Roll View Post
    It's been tried previously, but somehow Buddy keeps ending up inside 50.
    Thank you , it doesnt work . His field kicking hasnt been good since 18 anyway an hes not as mobile as he used to be . He needs to be deeper fwd the older he gets , learn to mark . His marks inside 50 last yr were highest it had been since his first season with us so something hes worked on as he knows its the best way to keep going in his career

Quote Originally Posted by TheBloods View Post
    Thank you , it doesnt work . His field kicking hasnt been good since 18 anyway an hes not as mobile as he used to be . He needs to be deeper fwd the older he gets , learn to mark . His marks inside 50 last yr were highest it had been since his first season with us so something hes worked on as he knows its the best way to keep going in his career

Field kicking hasn't been good????? Are you serious? This must be a typo ... he's universally regarded as one of the best field kicks going round

Suspended by the MRP
    Quote Originally Posted by longmile View Post
    Field kicking hasn't been good????? Are you serious? This must be a typo ... he's universally regarded as one of the best field kicks going round
    Hasnt been for a while now

AFL site saying that Boak has been ruled out for Port and that they'll be playing the ruckman that they got in the midseason draft, Brynn Teakle. Good on Mr Teakle, I guess, but I find myself mangling his name to Bin Treacle.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by dejavoodoo44 View Post
    AFL site saying that Boak has been ruled out for Port and that they'll be playing the ruckman that they got in the midseason draft, Brynn Teakle. Good on Mr Teakle, I guess, but I find myself mangling his name to Bin Treacle.
    Robbie Gray too: AFL 2022: Round 14 team line-ups, selection, Richmond Tigers v Carlton Blues, MCG, AFL teams, team news, ins and outs, team list.

With those outs, I'd be very disappointed if we lost that one.

We probably won't be going too tall, but Port might be. With Teakle brought in to ruck, Dixon, Marshall and Finlayson provide quite a tall forward line, Georgiades also comes in, but I imagine he will play on the wing. Marshall has been the best of their forwards this year with very accurate goal kicking. We have to control the ball in the midfield and limit their quality inside 50s, as their tall forwards are dangerous on the lead. We need to close down the space in their passing lanes. I think we should be able to generate a lot of run on the counterattack with their forward setup. Let's see.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBloods View Post
    Hasnt been for a while now
    another one of your crap takes. Not sure many will back you up on that. Seen a few insane forward 50 kicks with him on the run this year.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast