Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 12 of 88

Thread: Pre match Round 14 vs Port Adelaide at Adelaide Oval, Saturday 18 June, 1:45 PM (Sydney time)

  1. #1
    Regular in the Side
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    Perth
    Posts
    579

    Pre match Round 14 vs Port Adelaide at Adelaide Oval, Saturday 18 June, 1:45 PM (Sydney time)

    Port has been in reasonable form, with a 5-2 record since their horrid 0-5 start.

    They have one of the most potent ruck duos so we might need Hickey if fit, but I think Reid should stay after his great game vs Melbourne.

    In: Franklin and if fit, Cunningham, otherwise Campbell
    Out: Almartey and COR.

  2. #2
    Quote Originally Posted by Maltopia View Post
    Port has been in reasonable form, with a 5-2 record since their horrid 0-5 start.

    They have one of the most potent ruck duos so we might need Hickey if fit, but I think Reid should stay after his great game vs Melbourne.

    In: Franklin and if fit, Cunningham, otherwise Campbell
    Out: Almartey and COR.
    I think COR was very unlucky to get that knock so early against the Dees, so would deserve another game. Also, Harry may need a run in the ressies to get his rhythm back.

  3. #3
    Veteran Site Admin
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    15,292
    Quote Originally Posted by Maltopia View Post

    They have one of the most potent ruck duos
    .
    I'm a bit baffled by that comment. If Port have one of the most potent ruck duos, which clubs have the worst?

  4. #4
    Veterans List
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Castlemaine, Vic.
    Posts
    6,733
    PRE-match thread?

  5. #5
    Senior Player
    Join Date
    Feb 2020
    Location
    Sydney, NSW
    Posts
    1,723
    Hope Butters wont play , he is a ripper and the only one who gives this mob any spark . Nasty black eye and swollen face was in the papers this morning

  6. #6
    Veterans List Ludwig's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Chiang Mai
    Posts
    8,444
    Quote Originally Posted by Maltopia View Post

    They have one of the most potent ruck duos so we might need Hickey if fit, but I think Reid should stay after his great game vs Melbourne.

    Lysett is injured. Hayes didn't play last game, but I don't know the reason or if he'll be back against us.

    It's always tricky coming off the bye. We haven't been too good following an irregular training schedule. A 50-50 game at best.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    Lysett is injured. Hayes didn't play last game, but I don't know the reason or if he'll be back against us.

    It's always tricky coming off the bye. We haven't been too good following an irregular training schedule. A 50-50 game at best.
    We really need to beat them, but it will be hard as you say- coming off a bye is not our thing but the boys will have to bring proper intensity for 4 Quarters for sure.

  8. #8
    Regular in the Side
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    Perth
    Posts
    579
    Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    I'm a bit baffled by that comment. If Port have one of the most potent ruck duos, which clubs have the worst?
    Oops, it was a late night post and I had started posting that it was our St Kilda match before I realised it was vs Port, and I was still thinking of their rucks when I finished my post!

  9. #9
    Veteran Site Admin
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    15,292
    Quote Originally Posted by Maltopia View Post
    Oops, it was a late night post and I had started posting that it was our St Kilda match before I realised it was vs Port, and I was still thinking of their rucks when I finished my post!
    Ah, that makes more sense. Ryder and Marshall are an impressive combination.

  10. #10
    It will be season on the line for Port. Hope we can bounce back from the bye better than in some years. And that it’s not a momentum killer.

    If Buddy, Hickey and Harry are all fit there will be some challenges at selection.

    Who they gonna play out of Buddy, Sam, Tom, Peter, Logan (I’m assuming Joel makes way) given Port aren’t playing even one recognised ruckman and it would be Ladhams up against his former side.

    And someone (will?) needs to make AA accountable

  11. #11
    Senior Player Agent 86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Hollywood Forever Memorial Park
    Posts
    1,341
    Quote Originally Posted by Maltopia View Post
    Oops, it was a late night post and I had started posting that it was our St Kilda match before I realised it was vs Port, and I was still thinking of their rucks when I finished my post!
    If you mess up, fess up. Well played Maltopoia!

  12. #12
    Veterans List wolftone57's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Lilyfield
    Posts
    5,261
    Well they have some serious problems and it starts in the coaching box.

    For a start they bomb into attack 9 out of every 10 times. They also have a very disorganised backline. They all go to one side and then leave half forward line free. If they do that against us they will get punished. Their forwards and mids are lazy and expect the others to do it for them defensively.

    If we do not beat them by at least 30 points I will be very shocked. I should be there next week. I am in The City of Churches and Rumour Central.

    Sent from my JAT-L29 using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO