Page 30 of 30 FirstFirst ... 202627282930

Thread: Rd 14 vs Port Adelaide @ Adelaide

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by graemed View Post
    There are many shades of “aggro” ranging from the verbal aside to the Barry Hall v Staker type.
    The type of physical aggression I most admire was epitomised by Paul Kelly who asked for and gave no quarter. The courage to attack a contest regardless of the danger is seen every week by the McCartins. The physicality that committing to marking duel requires as we saw last year from Armartey. I do not respect or condone pretenders that cannot deliver the aggression required to compete in ruck duels or marking contests but demonstrate their reckless and mindless temper at the cost of their team and supporters.
    One instance and you've hammered him as a pretender. He's been very competitive for us in his first year. I'm prepared to give him a go rather than just wipe him.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
    In an interview on SEN, Butters told what they know about how to get under Peter's skin.

"Zak Butters said his teammates knew how to unsettle the new Swan.“It was more death by 1000 cuts for 'Pisty' (Ladhams),”
    ....I think we sort of got the reaction we wanted in the end, and for us, it sort of played a pivotal role in the game...".
    Karma for the Parker incident?

I find this mental disintegration stuff a bit @@@@.

Quote Originally Posted by Blood Fever View Post
    One instance and you've hammered him as a pretender. He's been very competitive for us in his first year. I'm prepared to give him a go rather than just wipe him.
    His performances both for us and Port have generally been mixed. The pretenders reference relates to a suggestion that he conveys a sense of aggression that we need and that may intimidate others. Such a suggestion does not sit well when I compare him to either Armartey or Hickey but especially if we compare him to Mumford, Gawn or Nankervis.

Suspended by the MRP
    Quote Originally Posted by MattW View Post

Its rubbish . It's always up to the person how much a game against their old side effects them . If Ladhams had a blinder and we won Butters would be on the wireless saying nah we didnt put any focus on Pete

Its all for show

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by MattW View Post

Sure, do it if you feel you have to. But then talking about it afterwards. Now that is lame.

Senior Player
    His performances both for us and Port have generally been mixed. The pretenders reference relates to a suggestion that he conveys a sense of aggression that we need and that may intimidate others. Such a suggestion does not sit well when I compare him to either Armartey or Hickey but especially if we compare him to Mumford, Gawn or Nankervis.
    Is that the same Nankervis who gifted us a downfield goal by bowling Ladhams over after he disposed of the ball? Arguably cost them the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Blood Fever View Post
    Is that the same Nankervis who gifted us a downfield goal by bowling Ladhams over after he disposed of the ball? Arguably cost them the game.
    LOL Nice I'd conveniently forgotten that but that's what I love about this forum. You can never take yourself too seriously.

Senior Player
    LOL Nice I'd conveniently forgotten that but that's what I love about this forum. You can never take yourself too seriously.
    Great post. We've all got carried away at some stage, including yours truly!

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBloods View Post
    Its rubbish . It's always up to the person how much a game against their old side effects them . If Ladhams had a blinder and we won Butters would be on the wireless saying nah we didnt put any focus on Pete

Its all for show
    I tend to agree with this.

Page 30 of 30 FirstFirst ... 202627282930