Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Round 15: the other games. The 'what are the odds of that' round.

Senior Player
    Looks like the good Demons are back - a very "footy pundit" thing to say on the back of one game If there are teams where one player makes a huge difference, I think you could argue that it's the Demons + Steven May.

Brisbane were far from their best, but I still don't know that their best is good enough to go all the way. I generally enjoy watching them but they have a "scrappiness" about them, especially under pressure, that the genuine top teams don't have.

Interesting that the Lions haven't won at the MCG since 2014. They don't play there much, 1-2 games a year and none in 2021, but it's one of those streaks I'm sure they'd like to break.

I'm looking forward to the rest of the round, having the top 8 teams playing each other is an interesting test of where they're all at going into the second half of the season.

McVeigh for Brownlow Site Admin RogueSwan's Avatar
    Coffs Harbour - home of Swans summer camp
    Quote Originally Posted by SwanSand View Post
    Based on this performance itself, Brisbane will have to do a lot more from now on to win the flag. They are too small in the midfield and they have had the same problem for years now. Get beaten in the middle by big bodies. Also they are very poor in kicking for a top 4 side.
    Missing Zorko and Bailey last night but they aren't making up 50 points
    "Fortunately, this is the internet, so knowing nothing is no obstacle to having an opinion!." Beerman 18-07-2017

Outer wing, Lake Oval Sandridge's Avatar
    Bulldogs leading free kick count 6 to 1 at quarter time but still losing.

Quote Originally Posted by Sandridge View Post
    Bulldogs leading free kick count 6 to 1 at quarter time but still losing.
    Dogs fans carrying on booing for not getting a free or bronx jeering when they "finally" get one gives me really strange feelings. I don't know whether to laugh or cry, scream or hide. Do they have no self awareness of how easy their team has it with the umpiring/AFL?

On another note, the Hawks have a similar issue to the Swans were they struggle to stem the tide and frequently cough up 5+ goals in a row
    Last edited by longmile; 24th June 2022 at 09:07 PM.

On the veteran's list
    Quote Originally Posted by longmile View Post
    Dogs fans carrying on booing for not getting a free or bronx jeering when they "finally" get one gives me really strange feelings. I don't know whether to laugh or cry, scream or hide. Do they have no self awareness of how easy their team has it with the umpiring/AFL?
    11 to 3 at half time. Every week it’s like having an extra player.
    Those who have the greatest power to hurt us are those we love.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by The Big Cat View Post
    11 to 3 at half time. Every week it’s like having an extra player.
    The umpiring largesse continuously extended to the scum Dogs is sickening!

WCE beat Essendon, the latter confirming they are poo. LOLNorf are now last.

Senior Player
    We could slip as low as 11th ourselves if we lose and other results are unfavourable to us :/

By the way, the maths were bugging me a bit this morning, so I think I managed to work out the odds of the top eight sides playing each other in a round. If I'm right, it's, 10/7 × 10/5 × 10/3 × 10/1. Which works out at around a 94 to 1 chance. Which roughly corresponds with what has happened in reality.

Senior Player

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by dejavoodoo44 View Post
    By the way, the maths were bugging me a bit this morning, so I think I managed to work out the odds of the top eight sides playing each other in a round. If I'm right, it's, 10/7 × 10/5 × 10/3 × 10/1. Which works out at around a 94 to 1 chance. Which roughly corresponds with what has happened in reality.
    That's fascinating DV44, I'm going to be thinking about nothing else today.
    Last edited by KTigers; 25th June 2022 at 08:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by KTigers View Post
    That's fascinating DV44, I'm going to be thinking about nothing else today.
    Good, I'm glad I passed the burden. Though I wouldn't mind if someone who knew mathematics, could confirm that they're the right numbers.

If Franklin got a week for slapping Cotchin, Stewart should get 3-4 for his hit on Prestia. Ran past the ball, aimed high, left Prestia in a bad way.

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

Veteran Site Admin
    Has Prestia been subbed out? The AFL is showing the incident but I can’t find anything written.

Will be interesting to see if it is classified as negligent or intentional. “In play” incidents are usually classified as negligent but the distance Stewart ran past the ball and the fact he seemed to aim for the head could see it get an intentional grading.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast