Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 71314151617

Thread: Rnd 15 vs St Kilda @ SCG

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by dejavoodoo44 View Post
    Yes, I remember that there were a couple of examples in that game, were I thought, "hang on, wasn't he at the other end of the ground a few seconds ago?"

And I thought his efforts in the fourth quarter were a real captain’s knock; from possibly the youngest player on the field.
    Is he the best second year player in the competition right now? Not that there is any award for that, it's still kinda remarkable for someone taken at pick 30something.

Quote Originally Posted by giant View Post
    Is he the best second year player in the competition right now? Not that there is any award for that, it's still kinda remarkable for someone taken at pick 30something.
    Well, he was awarded best first year player and I don't think he's gone backwards. He's probably actually improved a bit, since he seems to have been given more of a roving commission. Although he's yet to have a 3 Brownlow vote game, I tend to think one of those is not far off. But I'm not aware of any of his contemporaries going past him.

In time, one of the key forwards like Ugle-Hagan, McDonald or Thilthorpe might bulk up and go past him? But then again, after another pre-season in the gym, Errol's likely to spend more time as an in and under midfielder, and consequently, rack up the sort of possession numbers that win awards.

While we are in admiration for Errol mode, I still recall him being first in to help Joey Kennedy when he went down, and then first in pulling the opposition players away....

Suspended by the MRP
    Quote Originally Posted by Ocker View Post
    While we are in admiration for Errol mode, I still recall him being first in to help Joey Kennedy when he went down, and then first in pulling the opposition players away....
    Exactly , he is a leader already . Chad also was the first to give it to the saints after Parker got his head ripped off on the weekend . Great characters

Quote Originally Posted by TheBloods View Post
    Exactly , he is a leader already . Chad also was the first to give it to the saints after Parker got his head ripped off on the weekend . Great characters
    I thought you didn't notice hugs and such acts of kinship ...in previous posts you would have said what else is he meant to do

Suspended by the MRP
    Quote Originally Posted by joeykanga View Post
    I thought you didn't notice hugs and such acts of kinship ...in previous posts you would have said what else is he meant to do
    Whats that got to do with anything ? Not talking about hugs , talking about sticking up for teammates and showing care and concern if somethings happened

Quote Originally Posted by TheBloods View Post
    Whats that got to do with anything ? Not talking about hugs , talking about sticking up for teammates and showing care and concern if somethings happened
    It is related just like hugs show the closeness of the players and the support for each other which you dismissed in previous posts

I think I'll give up

There was a game a few weeks ago when we came from behind. It was Errol who stepped up and said “follow me boys.” And they did. It was some hard in and under stuff in a wing…I turned to my wife who is generously watching games with me, and said “that’s our next captain.” My second favorite thing about this game was Stephen’s stepping up…wife is going “Who’s he? He’s really good!” But my favorite, favorite thing was Ollie Florent. What a genius our coach is - he’s shown bits and pieces and lots of potential for what, four years? And then on Saturday “Bang” - he is the the ridge-didge full blown deal. Wow how fabulous.

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by giant View Post
    There is (kind of) an award for that. The AFLCA makes a award each year for the player who has performed best (judged by the weekly AFLCA votes) over their first two seasons.

It's hard to see how eligible players are going since they only publish a leaderboard of the top twenty or so players and who can be bothered to go through and add up game by game votes. But I had a quick squizz and I suspect Jai Newcombe is in pole position for the 2021/2 crop based on him polling two best (or equal best) on grounds, and picking up minor votes in a couple of other games. Errol has probably polled in as many as ten games across the two seasons (thus far) but generally picking up single votes here and there, apart from his debut when he was awarded 7.

Quote Originally Posted by dejavoodoo44 View Post
    Let off, because they ruled that he was more or less stationary and just holding his ground.
    The right decision, I think. He had a stinker - but kept trying.

Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 71314151617