Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: Rnd 15 vs St Kilda @ SCG

Both teams playing the pressure game, which doesn't make for great spectating. The loser will be the first to relent. This is not the kind of game that suits Stephens. Maybe if it opens up he'll get some opportunities.

I’m not sure anyone can explain the 50 that led to their only goal that Q. I thought it was for Gulden in the protected area EXCEPT Hickey was standing the mark a mile away from Membrey. One of the bizarre consequences of the stand rule.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBloods View Post
    Love the work of Stephens

Clarke Fox good also
    Yep, Stephens has looked a bit more instinctive tonight. I'm liking it.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBloods View Post
    Love the work of Stephens

Clarke Fox good also
    Surprisingly the knock on Stephens is his disposal but he is a lot more measured when needed and quick when needed with heaps of penetration.

What a scrappy affair at present. We should have had a couple more but they are within striking distance. Every match they have a period of 10 min where they go bang. Hopefully not today

Pretty average game especially after watching the cats v tigers earlier. Papley is off. Rowbottom has been poor. Really love Fox.

Suspended by the MRP
    Quote Originally Posted by SwanSand View Post
    Surprisingly the knock on Stephens is his disposal but he is a lot more measured when needed and quick when needed with heaps of penetration.

What a scrappy affair at present. We should have had a couple more but they are within striking distance. Every match they have a period of 10 min where they go bang. Hopefully not today
    If we get enough of it we will create opportunities eventually , just have to keep going .

The fit players who run non stop to stay involved all playing well , Stephens Clarke Fox all won time trials before

Feels like Swans in control but not on the scoreboard. A few simple shots missed. Really hope we can go on with it,

So many kicks missed Papley in particular

- - - Updated - - -

Btw how good does Buddy look roaming the 50m arc?

Thought the pressure was excellent in that half. Plenty of good players. Obviously our forward entries and forwards could improve.

Geez we should be A LOT further in front. I hope they don't make us pay in the 2nd half! Need to keep up the same level of pressure and intensity and then sort out our FWD entries and hopefully we'll blow them away!

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

Stephens really soft there

Now that's the sort of 50 that I wish they'd pay more often. Lie all over the ball, have a little wrestle, genuinely waste time.

Quote Originally Posted by dejavoodoo44 View Post
    Now that's the sort of 50 that I wish they'd pay more often. Lie all over the ball, have a little wrestle, genuinely waste time.
    +1 100%

- - - Updated - - -

How good was Wanganeen-Milera (of the Saints)

Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast