Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Rnd 15 vs St Kilda @ SCG

Aut vincere aut mori Thunder Shaker's Avatar
    My secret laboratory in the suburbs of Melbourne
    AFL fact checking is sloppy in Super Swans put Saints to the sword in SCG domination:

"St Kilda's .. final score was the lowest ever by a Ratten-coached side, while it was St Kilda's lowest ever against the Swans."

No. Lowest scores by St Kilda against the Swans:
    0.2 (2) R3 1897
    0.3 (3) R10 1897
    1.1 (7) R8 1901
    1.3 (9) R6 1902
    1.5 (11) R9 1900

Perhaps it was the lowest score by St Kilda against Sydney since relocation?
    "Unbelievable!" -- Nick Davis leaves his mark on the 2005 semi final

Quote Originally Posted by Thunder Shaker View Post
    AFL fact checking is sloppy in Super Swans put Saints to the sword in SCG domination:

"St Kilda's .. final score was the lowest ever by a Ratten-coached side, while it was St Kilda's lowest ever against the Swans."

0.2 (2) R3 1897
    0.3 (3) R10 1897
    1.1 (7) R8 1901
    1.3 (9) R6 1902
    1.5 (11) R9 1900

Lowest score in 120 years sounds worse to me

Suspended by the MRP
    How fantastic was it to see Stephens , doesnt stop running , a hard worker

Still on the way home, cycled hard after the game to catch the early ferry to Mosman Bay, jumped on board the Watsons Bay ferry by mistake.

Finally on the last ferry (can’t believe there is still one at 12.04 in the morning) to Mosman Bay .

Too much reading RednWhiteonline and insufficient attention to the notice board.

Feel like I’ve been on a rare Overseas holiday.
    But still enjoying our good win .

After weeks of poor kicking in the VFL, Stephens plays better in the AFL than he has in the VFL. He looked stoked being the senior side and was really into congratulating other players at every opportunity. His pace and energy are assets to the way we want to play. It would he hard to drop him after that performance. I hope he can hold his spot in the side and use this game to re-ignite his career. He's got plenty of upside.

Blakey, Lloyd, Florent and Fox all had tremendous games. Maybe this is our best defensive combo. It was certainly nice to see Lloyd back to his best. What a difference it makes.

I like Buddy playing higher up the ground. Reid continues to impress. He's been a very pleasant surprise this year.

Rattan mentioned in his presser that Rowbottom had our most pressure acts with 82.

Not much talk about about Matt Stevic and crew. I suppose that's because we won the free kick count 27-12. Stevic must have been hallucinating and thought we were the Bulldogs. I even saw Heeney and Stevic having a very pleasant chat.
    Last edited by Ludwig; 26th June 2022 at 01:30 AM.

Warming the Bench
    Solid win. And happy for Clarke and Stephens. Fox should stay in the team.
    Also does anyone else think the swans have changed their approach while being tackled? No fending-off, no attempted spinning out of tackles. Just drop the ball or attempt to do some kind of the handball. Very Bulldogs-like and we hardly got done for HTB in this game I think, I mean the free kick count was very like the Bulldogs!

Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    Jones one of the best tonight, I thought. For us. He got plenty of the ball but succumbed to pressure and probably found more red and white jumpers than Saints ones. Membrey though was good for them.

Paddy and Hickey both good for us.
    Jones seemed to be giving the McCartins plenty of catching practice. Which was handy, but I don't think that they need it.
    I'm not sure if he'll get a week for his clash with Parker? Maybe, maybe not; but I've seen a lot worse over the past few weeks. Though it would be vaguely ironic, if he got suspended for an incident in a game against us. As he was probably the major source of our suspensions, when he was playing with us.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by gumby_bolts View Post
    Solid win. And happy for Clarke and Stephens. Fox should stay in the team.
    Also does anyone else think the swans have changed their approach while being tackled? No fending-off, no attempted spinning out of tackles. Just drop the ball or attempt to do some kind of the handball. Very Bulldogs-like and we hardly got done for HTB in this game I think, I mean the free kick count was very like the Bulldogs!
    Interesting point. I'll look out for that when I watch the game again.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by dejavoodoo44 View Post
    Zak Jones is having a shocker.
    and won't be playing next week courtesy of the expected MRO judgement

Quote Originally Posted by Thunder Shaker View Post

0.2 (2) R3 1897
    0.3 (3) R10 1897
    1.1 (7) R8 1901
    1.3 (9) R6 1902
    1.5 (11) R9 1900

They said the same thing in the broadcast, although they called us, ‘Sydney’. According to AFL Tables it was their lowest against us since 1955.

How much better did the back 6/7 look last night . The balance was perfect .

Going to be tough to make many changes for next week which is a great problem to have . Waiting in the wings we have the following

Amartey who’s absolutely banging the door down.
    Ladhams back from suspension who has been someone that’s been more than serviceable this year
    Mcinerney one of our most promising youngsters that to me has been playing a little banged up , the spell will do him good
    Cunningham normally a walk up start in our back line that’s missed a fair chunk of football
    Ronke been playing some handy football in the twos and has been pretty solid in the firsts when selected
    Wicks has been below his best this year and is rightly back in the twos to find form
    Gould doing everything right , and I’m sure would hold his own if/ when given the opportunity.
    Taylor rightly deserved his spot as sub after a pretty decent patch of football in the twos

That’s a pretty handy back up group without even mentioning Youngsters Sheldrick, Roberts , Warner and HHK who all look promising.

Right there is some pretty solid depth building that keeps everyone on their toes to keep performing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    After weeks of poor kicking in the VFL, Stephens plays better in the AFL than he has in the VFL. He looked stoked being the senior side and was really into congratulating other players at every opportunity. His pace and energy are assets to the way we want to play. It would he hard to drop him after that performance. I hope he can hold his spot in the side and use this game to re-ignite his career. He's got plenty of upside.

Blakey, Lloyd, Florent and Fox all had tremendous games. Maybe this is our best defensive combo. It was certainly nice to see Lloyd back to his best. What a difference it makes.

Yes, I think that is our best backline. The stand-out games of Florent and Fox really emphasised that. Fox exhibits both aerial repulsion and ground level burst.

Hickey's return really makes a difference. He faded a little in the ruck - Marshall was their best - but he's so smart and tough. He topped contested possessions, clearances (tied Parker) and score involvements (tied Blakey).

I liked Blakey's interview after the game on Channel 7; mentioned he'd gone away from his strengths, and on this evidence, he must have meant his run. He's such a weapon. He also topped intercept possessions.

Great to see Stephens find so much of it. Career-high possession count. Didn't kick great - 65% DE. Promising all the same.

Finally, smooth Gulden showed again why he's one of our most important players, with his absolutely elite ball use. Twenty possessions at 90% - he'd be one of the best, most creative kicks in the competition.

Quote Originally Posted by MattW View Post
    Yes, I think that is our best backline. The stand-out games of Florent and Fox really emphasised that. Fox exhibits both aerial repulsion and ground level burst.

Hickey's return really makes a difference. He faded a little in the ruck - Marshall was their best - but he's so smart and tough. He topped contested possessions, clearances (tied Parker) and score involvements (tied Blakey).

I liked Blakey's interview after the game on Channel 7; mentioned he'd gone away from his strengths, and on this evidence, he must have meant his run. He's such a weapon. He also topped intercept possessions.

Great to see Stephens find so much of it. Career-high possession count. Didn't kick great - 65% DE. Promising all the same.

Finally, smooth Gulden showed again why he's one of our most important players, with his absolutely elite ball use. Twenty possessions at 90% - he'd be one of the best, most creative kicks in the competition.
    Stephens had been running at below 50% DE in the VFL, so 65% is a big improvement, especially given the jump in game intensity. Hope it’s the start of his next step to the player he could be.
    Gulden will be a Swans captain.

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast