Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Rnd 15 vs St Kilda @ SCG

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Kafka's Ghost View Post
    Stephens had been running at below 50% DE in the VFL, so 65% is a big improvement, especially given the jump in game intensity. Hope it’s the start of his next step to the player he could be.
    Gulden will be a Swans captain.

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk
    I didn't realise it had gotten quite that bad!

Agree re Gulden.

Quote Originally Posted by 707 View Post
    and won't be playing next week courtesy of the expected MRO judgement
    It looked worse than it actually was, if that makes sense. I thought Jones won the ball a lot but his kicking let him down a bit. But he was one of their better players.

Our defence was probably the best for the year and I wouldn’t make any changes. Lloyd had a very good game and proved me wrong. Happy with Stephens and Fox was excellent. The whole team was very good so I don’t know how to fit young Amartey in. Would rest JMac and Harry for another week. Buddy playing further up was great too. Just need to improve hitting targets in our F50 by our mids- though much better as the game progressed.

Quote Originally Posted by MattW View Post
    Yes, I think that is our best backline. The stand-out games of Florent and Fox really emphasised that. Fox exhibits both aerial repulsion and ground level burst.
    Ollie’s best game for some time. & here I was calling for him to have a rest. Fox was impressive too.

All in all we actually brought the intensity/pressure for the whole game for a change. If we can get the disposal right for a whole game we will demolish sides.

The main disappointment was the first half disposal. This shows in one start. 30 inside 50's fir 10 scoring shots, 33.3%. Very poor. We need to be hitting at least 60% against pretenders like Saints to beat the top sides.

In the first half both sides looked way off the top eight in skills. But from half time only one side looked cooked, Saints. We were very good in the third and first half of the last. Ball use was fantastic. We took the foot off the pedal late in the last and allowed a couple of goals through.

Sent from my JAT-L29 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Maltopia View Post
    Wow, who would you drop for next week for Cunningham and McInerney? Only Rowbottom had a stinker, everyone else was solid to excellent.
    Even though Rowie didn't get a lot of ball he put a lot of pressure on his opponents.

Quote Originally Posted by Kafka's Ghost View Post
    Solid game by Stephens. His kicking was of a magnitude better than it’s been in the VFL.
    Solid win by the team. The McCartin brothers are formidable.

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk
    I watched last week's VFL game again. Stephens' kicking was actually pretty good in that match. Clarke was the standout. Fox really good. All the players who came in deserved to come in. I am disappointed we are not seeing Amartey for a long period. Get some AFL games into him so he gets used to the pace. Maybe Logan having a rest next week

Quote Originally Posted by Hotpotato View Post
    I guess the umps were sort of satisfactory.
    27 - 12 (our way)
    They were downright benevolent. But there was not much they could have done for Saints. They were bad, really bad.

Goes up to 11
    Kudos to Clarke for shutting down Sinclair so well, particularly in the first half. He's been one of their main weapons this year, and Clarke's disciplined job would've been appreciated by the coaching staff.

Suspended by the MRP
    In my opinion our fast ball movement was back because of the fitness of some of our players , Blakey, Lloyd , Clarke , Stephens, Florent, Chad, Fox some of them arent the most skillful but they always stay moving and stay involved . They get a few touches in a single passage and carry the ball because of it . All of them had over 300m gained . Its so important in todays game especially the way we play

Back to 6th we go

Reefer Madness
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBloods View Post
    In my opinion our fast ball movement was back because of the fitness of some of our players , Blakey, Lloyd , Clarke , Stephens, Florent, Chad, Fox some of them arent the most skillful but they always stay moving and stay involved . They get a few touches in a single passage and carry the ball because of it . All of them had over 300m gained . Its so important in todays game especially the way we play
    It's a fair observation.

If you look at the raw numbers, it was pretty even (bar the frees). But, we were good at the contest, our defensive pressure was up and whilst we weren't as efficient as we could be going forward, our ball movement was better because our players weren't static. Blakey was exhibit A in that, and he has the polish with his kicking skills. It's no coincidence when he got going in the third quarter, we hit the scoreboard.

The other thing the match reinforced is my long-held view St Kilda recruited to occasionally make the finals, but they'll not be a better side than that.
    'Delicious' is a fun word to say

Quote Originally Posted by Agent 86 View Post
    Fox was impressive too.
    The fact he's in and out of the side staggers me. Definitely in our best back 7 and has the flexibility to play elsewhere if needed

Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast