Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Rd 16 vs Essendon Bombers @ MCG - Pre-Game Thread

Suspended by the MRP
    Jmac needs to find form , God help us

Quote Originally Posted by Scottee View Post
    Both Cunningham and Jmac would benefit from coming back via the ressies. Both of them need to find form, and who could you drop after that win? There was only one player that underperformed and that was McDonald who seems to benefit from ressies games and comes back a bit better every time. If Amartey came in and took Reid's role and Reid took over McDonald's that would be a good outcome. Amartey is bashing the door down for a game.
    Amartey is playing really well but we do need to consider the game before in the 2's we won by approx 100 points so most players forward of the centre probably looked ok that day. Lat weekend's effort was very good against good opposition. McDonald has been going pretty well and Reid has been very good either would be stiff to miss out

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Mountain Man View Post
    One of the things that impressed me was that Ryan Clarke did a very successful negating role against St Kilda, yet only gave up 2 FA - lets hope that, plus similar performances from others continue for the balance of the season
    I mentioned in the in game post, that it was really great not seeing a stupid aggro free kick like Wicks normally does every second game or so. In addition to that, great to see Clarke do well with his opportunity. However, I don't know why they played him as a defensive forward/tagger, if he doesn't play that position in the 2s (where they 'earn' their spot).

Quote Originally Posted by Mountain Man View Post
    One of the things that impressed me was that Ryan Clarke did a very successful negating role against St Kilda, yet only gave up 2 FA - lets hope that, plus similar performances from others continue for the balance of the season
    Surely we should be playing our own game against the Bombers instead of worrying about negating roles

Reefer Madness
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBloods View Post
    Jmac needs to find form , God help us
    Everyone knows how much I love McInerney, so I’ll try to out this in perspective. He hasn’t been at his damaging best - full stop. He a) looks to me like he’s been playing with a bit of a niggle as he’s lacked his explosive run and b) been often tasked with curtailing a player ( ie Langdon, which he did very well). Whether he’s been asked to do that knowing his offensive capabilities don’t seem at their peak, who knows.

On the other hand, he’s had some critical moments. He’s last 10-15 minutes against both Richmond and Melbourne were very good.

What we want is him back to full stream, maximum impact up and down a wing, and occasionally drifting into a centre bounce. That, and when he kicks a goal, strutting around demanding a high five from everyone.
    'Delicious' is a fun word to say

Suspended by the MRP
    Quote Originally Posted by i'm-uninformed2 View Post
    Everyone knows how much I love McInerney, so I’ll try to out this in perspective. He hasn’t been at his damaging best - full stop. He a) looks to me like he’s been playing with a bit of a niggle as he’s lacked his explosive run and b) been often tasked with curtailing a player ( ie Langdon, which he did very well). Whether he’s been asked to do that knowing his offensive capabilities don’t seem at their peak, who knows.

On the other hand, he’s had some critical moments. He’s last 10-15 minutes against both Richmond and Melbourne were very good.

What we want is him back to full stream, maximum impact up and down a wing, and occasionally drifting into a centre bounce. That, and when he kicks a goal, strutting around demanding a high five from everyone.
    Can do that in the firsts . Play himself into form , as you said has not been bad still even when not at his damaging best , he deserves the chance , he is too good for the vfl and better than most in the 22

Can do that in the firsts . Play himself into form , as you said has not been bad still even when not at his damaging best , he deserves the chance , he is too good for the vfl and better than most in the 22
    The only question is around his fitness, and whether a further week’s rest would be of benefit. No way should he play in the ressies! If he’s 100% he comes straight in, though anyone would be stiff to miss out.

Reefer Madness
    Blog Entries
    I agree and don’t think that’s a risk but let me tell you for a fact.

The day he is playing reserves, I jump on a plane to Sydney, round up the ingredients for a batch of Molotov cocktails and more, and I head round to Pridham’s house, Harley’s house, Longmire’s house, Pyke’s house, Parker’s house, Rampe’s house, Mill’s house, the boot studder’s house, the SCG, and burn the whole lot down, rebuild them, and then do it again for fun.
    'Delicious' is a fun word to say

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by i'm-uninformed2 View Post
    I agree and don’t think that’s a risk but let me tell you for a fact.

The day he is playing reserves, I jump on a plane to Sydney, round up the ingredients for a batch of Molotov cocktails and more, and I head round to Pridham’s house, Harley’s house, Longmire’s house, Pyke’s house, Parker’s house, Rampe’s house, Mill’s house, the boot studder’s house, the SCG, and burn the whole lot down, rebuild them, and then do it again for fun.
    Unnecessary threat of violence! The world is an awful place right now without that type of talk!

Just finished watching a replay of the Saints game, confirmed my view that Fox is best 22. Harry I'm unsure about, so selection this week - hmmm

I'm expecting the Bombers to be fired up this week to seek redemption from our last meeting involving Parker's s shrugging shoulder antics. Parker's 250th game. Gives Bombers double ammunition to target Parker this week. I hope we turn up and not expect this to be a fait accompli as we seem to do when playing teams below us.

Quote Originally Posted by KSAS View Post
    I'm expecting the Bombers to be fired up this week to seek redemption from our last meeting involving Parker's s shrugging shoulder antics. Parker's 250th game. Gives Bombers double ammunition to target Parker this week. I hope we turn up and not expect this to be a fait accompli as we seem to do when playing teams below us.
    We can’t get too cocky- it will be a tough game. We will need to bring our intensity to all our games from here on.
    Only change is JMac if fully fit. Fox and Stephens have to stay- maybe Campbell? Tough call!

Ego alta, ergo ictus Ruck'n'Roll's Avatar
    Jmac straight in , Dyl stays
    I wasn't all that worried about this game, but if TB is predicting that the Don's will be so up and firing that we will need to resort to playing 23 against the Don's 22 then maybe I need to be more concerned.
    Loose translation from the Latin is - I am tall, so I hit out.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast