Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: The final countdown - 3 games remaining

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by Danzar View Post
    I played around with it last night and ran a scenario where we beat Freo and lose two other games....we make the top four (even with two losses) with Freo out in P5.

Swans v Dockers is massive for both sides. Everything leads to Perth.
    What if we win all the rest except the Freo game?

I'm doing ok right now, thanks Danzar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    What if we win all the rest except the Freo game?
    Fifth (based on who I think will win with a bias towards those above the Swans). There's a scenario where we can take fourth over Dees but unlikely in my view.
    Captain, I am detecting large quantities of win in this sector

Senior Player
    Fifth (based on who I think will win with a bias towards those above the Swans). There's a scenario where we can take fourth over Dees but unlikely in my view.
    Yeah, I got the same outcome. A loss by Brisbane tonight might change that, though.

Out of Bounds on the Full Goal Sneak's Avatar
    What a great time it is to be a Swans supporter, still well and truly in the hunt this season but no lofty, immediate expectations. The run home does not look too daunting and the boys should be confident.

So exciting to see all these young kids coming through and learning week by week. Play well over the next 8 rounds and we get a great opportunity to have a real crack.

Go The Mighty Swans!

Senior Player
    I played around with it last night and ran a scenario where we beat Freo and lose two games....we make the top four (even with two losses) with Freo out in P5.

Swans v Dockers is massive for both sides. Everything leads to Perth.
    We are about to drop to 8th after our loss today against the Bombers, with the Pies to go 4 points ahead if they hold their lead vs GC, and Richmond will be on equal points but higher percentage if they take care of the Eagles.

Losing only one more game from here (and it not being against Fremantle) looks unlikely with our up and down efforts.

Reefer Madness
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by i'm-uninformed2 View Post
    Love it.

I think the main thing is having no more 'brain explosion' losses, and locking in the wins against the Bombers, Crows (with the special wish on this one of rubbing The Rat's nose in it, figuratively and literally), GWS, Kangas and Saints.
    Why did I tempt fate
    'Delicious' is a fun word to say

Looking at the overall draw, we might scrape into 8th spot with 13 wins. Not sure if it’s worth it or not at this stage. But it’s always valuable getting finals experience into a young squad, I guess.

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Kafka's Ghost View Post
    Looking at the overall draw, we might scrape into 8th spot with 13 wins. Not sure if it’s worth it or not at this stage. But it’s always valuable getting finals experience into a young squad, I guess.
    Geez. That's pessimistic. I still think we're a 20% chance to finish top 4. We have to beat Freo and lose no more than one other (preferably not against Collingwood) - as others have already pointed out. If we can sustain how we played last night, that's absolutely doable against our opposition. Even if we don't keep it up for every match, it's still doable. But next week is critical. Cheer hard next week you WA Swans! A real 8 point cracker.
    All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated, and well supported in logic and argument than others. -Douglas Adams, author (11 Mar 1952-2001)

Senior Player
    We can make the top 4 on percentage without beating Freo if we win all our games and Freo drop three games, such as vs St Kilda (they are trailing at half time), their rematch vs Melbourne, vs Richmond away and vs Bulldogs away.

Be stoked if we can win 5 of our final 6.

Quote Originally Posted by bloodspirit View Post
    Geez. That's pessimistic. I still think we're a 20% chance to finish top 4. We have to beat Freo and lose no more than one other (preferably not against Collingwood) - as others have already pointed out. If we can sustain how we played last night, that's absolutely doable against our opposition. Even if we don't keep it up for every match, it's still doable. But next week is critical. Cheer hard next week you WA Swans! A real 8 point cracker.
    Fair point. I posted that in the gloom of last week’s loss to Essendon. Whilst our best is truly awesome, our worst is bottom 4 stuff. If we can maintain something close to Friday night’s level, without the big drop-off, we could achieve anything. Just not sure if we have the maturity across the board to do it yet.

Gesendet von iPad mit Tapatalk

Aut vincere aut mori Thunder Shaker's Avatar
    My secret laboratory in the suburbs of Melbourne
    This season is a very even season. Every top 8 side has losses they would prefer to forget.

Geelong: Lost to Hawthorn and St Kilda.
    Melbourne: Lost to four top eight sides. No losses to sides currently outside the top eight.
    Fremantle: Lost to St Kilda and Gold Coast.
    Brisbane: Lost to Hawthorn and Essendon.
    Carlton: Lost to Gold Coast and St Kilda.
    Collingwood: Lost to West Coast and Western Bulldogs.
    Sydney: Lost to Western Bulldogs, Gold Coast, Port Adelaide and Essendon.
    Richmond: Lost to St Kilda, Adelaide and Gold Coast.

Sydney has four losses to sides outside the top eight, more than any other current top eight side. However, that's balanced by a good record against the top eight sides, including wins over both Geelong and Melbourne.

If we were more consistent, we could win this. Learn from the losses, lads.
    "Unbelievable!" -- Nick Davis leaves his mark on the 2005 semi final

Senior Player
    Just did a ladder predictor:
    - win every game = 4th
    - win every game bar next week v Fremantle = 5th

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast