Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: The final countdown - 3 games remaining

Quote Originally Posted by dejavoodoo44 View Post
    Just focus on the basics.
    rofl
    All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated, and well supported in logic and argument than others. -Douglas Adams, author (11 Mar 1952-2001)

Quote Originally Posted by KTigers View Post
    So MW and DV44, when I'm at the game on Saturday arvo, how will I be able to tell if the team is doing all of these things simultaneously?
    Should I just look at the scoreboard?
    I’d be looking at John Longmire

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by dejavoodoo44 View Post
    Just focus on the basics.
    You're wasted on here. You know that, right? There has to be a spot in the coach's box. Dean Cox, he never looks like he is
    doing anything. Take his chair. The coaches and the team need to hear this stuff.

You're wasted on here. You know that, right? There has to be a spot in the coach's box. Dean Cox, he never looks like he is
    doing anything. Take his chair. The coaches and the team need to hear this stuff.
    I'll see if I can implement that process.

Yes, I'd like to think Bombersgate has put the wind up our guys. Also, winning usually means there are few changes to the team week to week
    (except for injuries) so competition for spots is tight. The bottom six need to be on their best behaviour to keep theirs. We can win the last
    five games and open up the chance for a home final. And we've beaten three of the current top four on the ladder.
    I'm feeling increasingly bullish.
    There’s someone even more bullish than you and that’s Buddy, he’s playing like a 26 year old and helping everyone to play very hungry.

I'm doing ok right now, thanks Danzar's Avatar
    Still too hard to call. If you run the scenario that the Swans win three and lose to the Pies, it's hard to stay in the top four. Requires a Freo loss (dogs next week is a challenge, but their run home is pretty good from there) AND one of either Dees or Pies to somehow lose two (and we would still need a percentage boost to take Dees) AND Lions to lose one of their remaining games (this one is a likely scenario).

Simply put, we need to win everything from here. Pies in two weeks is the top four game no doubt.
    Captain, I am detecting large quantities of win in this sector

Reefer Madness
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Danzar View Post
    Still too hard to call. If you run the scenario that the Swans win three and lose to the Pies, it's hard to stay in the top four. Requires a Freo loss (dogs next week is a challenge, but their run home is pretty good from there) AND one of either Dees or Pies to somehow lose two (and we would still need a percentage boost to take Dees) AND Lions to lose one of their remaining games (this one is a likely scenario).

Simply put, we need to win everything from here. Pies in two weeks is the top four game no doubt.
    Win three and lose to the Pies? I get your are God here but quit drinking or smoking the pipes, man. There’s three rounds to go.
    'Delicious' is a fun word to say

I'm doing ok right now, thanks Danzar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by i'm-uninformed2 View Post
    Win three and lose to the Pies? I get your are God here but quit drinking or smoking the pipes, man. There’s three rounds to go.
    Whoops lol! I meant win two and lose to the Pies
    Captain, I am detecting large quantities of win in this sector

Aut vincere aut mori Thunder Shaker's Avatar
    My secret laboratory in the suburbs of Melbourne
    I did the ladder predictor with the simple method of picking the higher-ranked team in every round.

If Sydney defeat Collingwood:
    GEEL 18 4 0 WWW
    MELB 17 5 0 WWW
    SYDN 16 6 0 WWW
    FREM 15 6 1 WWW
    BRIS 15 7 0 WWL
    COLL 15 7 0 LLW
    RICH 13 8 1 WWW
    W.B. 12 10 0 LWW

CARL 12 10 0 LLL
    GCFC 11 11 0 WLW
    ST.K 11 11 0 LLL
    PORT 10 12 0 LWW
    ESS. 8 14 0 WLL
    ADEL 8 14 0 WWL
    HAW. 7 15 0 LLL
    GWS. 5 17 0 LLL
    WCE. 2 20 0 LLL
    NMFC 2 20 0 LLL

If Collingwood win, 3rd to 6th would be Collingwood, Fremantle, Sydney, Brisbane.
    "Unbelievable!" -- Nick Davis leaves his mark on the 2005 semi final

Aut vincere aut mori Thunder Shaker's Avatar
    My secret laboratory in the suburbs of Melbourne
    Remaining matches where top-10 sides play each other:

Round 21: Melbourne v Collingwood, Western Bulldogs v Fremantle, Geelong v St Kilda, Brisbane v Carlton.
    Round 22: St Kilda v Brisbane, Melbourne v Carlton, Sydney v Collingwood.
    Round 23: Brisbane v Melbourne, Carlton v Collingwood, St Kilda v Sydney.
    "Unbelievable!" -- Nick Davis leaves his mark on the 2005 semi final

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunder Shaker View Post
    I did the ladder predictor with the simple method of picking the higher-ranked team in every round.
    A very sensible approach.

I've been playing with the Squiggle predictor. You get slightly different results each time if you use "autotip" and then reset before running again, but most runs put Sydney top 4. It's "beat Pies" really though isn't it...

I think Pies v Dees will be very informative.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast