Rd 16 vs Bombers
    Rd17 vs Dogs
    Rd 18 vs Freeo
    Rd19 vs Crows
    Rd20 vs GWS
    Rd21 vs Kangas
    Rd22 vs Pies
    Rd23 vs Saints

Wow only 8 games remaining and we play only one team in the top5 over the next 8 weeks.

We are one win from equal 2nd place depending on %

It has the making of a seriously exciting final countdown.......dena na ner !!!!

PS - i liked our adjustment to very finals style contested, tackling, field position, pressure footy against the Saints on the wknd. Good prep for beating Dogs and Freeo.

PSS - Is a top4 possible? YES !!!!!
    "be tough, only when it gets tough"

Quote Originally Posted by Auntie.Gerald View Post
    Rd 16 vs Bombers
    Rd17 vs Dogs
    Rd 18 vs Freeo
    Rd19 vs Crows
    Rd20 vs GWS
    Rd21 vs Kangas
    Rd22 vs Pies
    Rd23 vs Saints

Wow only 8 games remaining and we play only one team in the top5 over the next 8 weeks.

It has the making of a seriously exciting final countdown.......dena na ner !!!!

PS - i liked our adjustment to very finals style contested, tackling, field position, pressure footy against the Saints on the wknd. Good prep for beating Dogs and Freeo.

Welcome back Auntie! I was also perusing our draw and think it's a pretty favourable run home. The commentators during our match against the Saints compared our run with theirs.

If we keep up our pressure, win the contested ball and make the right selections of players ... anything's possible!

Reefer Madness
    Blog Entries
    Rd 16 vs Bombers
    Rd17 vs Dogs
    Rd 18 vs Freeo
    Rd19 vs Crows
    Rd20 vs GWS
    Rd21 vs Kangas
    Rd22 vs Pies
    Rd23 vs Saints

Love it.

I think the main thing is having no more 'brain explosion' losses, and locking in the wins against the Bombers, Crows (with the special wish on this one of rubbing The Rat's nose in it, figuratively and literally), GWS, Kangas and Saints.
    'Delicious' is a fun word to say

Regular in the Side
    Had a go with the ladder predictor, and with only dropping one game (the Dockers), and generally picking the favourite for every other match, I had use finishing 4th. Ha! I had us finishing 8th-10th at the start of the year... so i don't think my predicting powers are that reliable.

We have 5 games against sides we should beat, which gets us to 14 wins and probably around 6-7th. The Dogs, Dockers and Pies should be the tough games. We need 1 win and have a better percentage than the other 15 win teams to finish forth, I figure. 6 wins from 8 games seems okay, but I wouldn't feel comfortable going into finals losing 2 out of 3 games to other top 8 contenders, especially if we lost both our games to the Bulldogs this year.

Veterans List
    Crows, I want to beat them comfortably. Hayward to tag their best player Dawson like a glove, he's the only one at the Crows who can hit a target!

Norf, after our narrow escape against this hapless rabble last outing, I want a percentage boosting smashing this time. Norf were disinterested and dreadful against the Crows in the 40 minutes or so I suffered through.

When you play team sports or individual sports there is something special that tends to unfold when you beat that hoodoo team or individual.

Of the 8 teams we play to finish the season that team in my humble opinion is the team coached by Luke Beveridge.,

If we win this game, which we can (if injuries work for us and not against us)..........then i suspect we will come into the finals with the spinnaker wide open. We will seize the opportunity to engage that famous Sydney "southerly buster" and bring a new level of intensity to the competition.

Beware the Bloods
    "be tough, only when it gets tough"

Regular in the Side
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    We have 5 games against sides we should beat, which gets us to 14 wins and probably around 6-7th. The Dogs, Dockers and Pies should be the tough games. We need 1 win and have a better percentage than the other 15 win teams to finish forth, I figure. 6 wins from 8 games seems okay, but I wouldn't feel comfortable going into finals losing 2 out of 3 games to other top 8 contenders, especially if we lost both our games to the Bulldogs this year.
    My estimate is 15 wins. Last year 15 wins got you between 4th to 6th place. This year we have a better percentage than last year. We could still finish in top 4.

When you play team sports or individual sports there is something special that tends to unfold when you beat that hoodoo team or individual.

Of the 8 teams we play to finish the season that team in my humble opinion is the team coached by Luke Beveridge.,

If we win this game, which we can (if injuries work for us and not against us)..........then i suspect we will come into the finals with the spinnaker wide open. We will seize the opportunity to engage that famous Sydney "southerly buster" and bring a new level of intensity to the competition.

Beware the Bloods
    cheeer cheer

Goodesgoodesgoodesgoodes! Industrial Fan's Avatar
    I personally can’t see Geelong staying in the top 4, and it’s less likely with Stewart out for four weeks.

I think we’re still a decent chance for too 4 if we lose two games and almost certain if we only lose one (even if it’s the Freo game)

Senior Player
    [QUOTE=707;848777]Crows, I want to beat them comfortably. Hayward to tag their best player Dawson like a glove, he's the only one at the Crows who can hit a target!

They've got a FF who can find the space between the big sticks pretty regularly.

I'm doing ok right now, thanks Danzar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bandwagon View Post
    Had a go with the ladder predictor, and with only dropping one game (the Dockers), and generally picking the favourite for every other match, I had use finishing 4th. Ha! I had us finishing 8th-10th at the start of the year... so i don't think my predicting powers are that reliable.
    I played around with it last night and ran a scenario where we beat Freo and lose two games....we make the top four (even with two losses) with Freo out in P5.

Swans v Dockers is massive for both sides. Everything leads to Perth.
    Last edited by Danzar; 1st July 2022 at 01:03 AM.
    Captain, I am detecting large quantities of win in this sector

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast