Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Round 16: the other games. And then there was twelve.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Industrial Fan View Post
    Geez it’s refreshing to see the Bulldogs get roasted on the free kick count
    They did get a goal from a 50 metre penalty where the Dogs player just fell over backwards then conned the umpire that he'd been pushed over.

Let's hope they get roasted next week at the SCG. What state will that be in given the rain expected this week?

Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    The commentary is the same during matches. Where C7 covers a game, Fox takes their feed. The pre, post and between breaks coverage is different.
    Thanks. I had begun to wonder that some of the voices seemed familar. But so many of the obnoxious commentators I'm used to hearing (BT, Darcy, Carey etc. etc.) were absent and it sounded like Gerard Whately (who I'm sure I've never heard on 7) and Leigh Matthews (who is sometimes on 7). Anyway, it was better than I'm used to (Daisy Pearce excepted).
    All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated, and well supported in logic and argument than others. -Douglas Adams, author (11 Mar 1952-2001)

I'm doing ok right now, thanks Danzar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bloodspirit View Post
    Thanks. I had begun to wonder that some of the voices seemed familar. But so many of the obnoxious commentators I'm used to hearing (BT, Darcy, Carey etc. etc.) were absent and it sounded like Gerard Whately (who I'm sure I've never heard on 7) and Leigh Matthews (who is sometimes on 7). Anyway, it was better than I'm used to (Daisy Pearce excepted).
    You probably just got tricked by Thursday night football (thinking it's Friday). Get's me often, I'm not attuned to it.
    Captain, I am detecting large quantities of win in this sector

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Danzar View Post
    You probably just got tricked by Thursday night football (thinking it's Friday). Get's me often, I'm not attuned to it.
    It's now Friday, we'll have all the usual crap Channel 7 voices today

Senior Player
    7/Fox last night did a nice puff piece about the Swans, going through our backfield, midfield and forward line. Was a slick promo lasting a couple of minutes suggesting we could win the premiership.

Nice to see some recognition.

Or they were pumping up people to watch the game against the Bombers which might seem like a boring mismatch on paper.

Suspended by the MRP
    Quote Originally Posted by Maltopia View Post
    7/Fox last night did a nice puff piece about the Swans, going through our backfield, midfield and forward line. Was a slick promo lasting a couple of minutes suggesting we could win the premiership.

Nice to see some recognition.

Or they were pumping up people to watch the game against the Bombers which might seem like a boring mismatch on paper.
    I saw it , they gave Chad and Gulden a well deserved pump up but left out Jmac ! Hopeless

Quote Originally Posted by TheBloods View Post
    I saw it , they gave Chad and Gulden a well deserved pump up but left out Jmac ! Hopeless
    I feel bad that I missed it. Who would have thought that you would be worse off having a dunny break instead of watching Fox.?

Maybe Fox prepared the piece before they knew JMac was being recalled for the game. Anyway, no worries. JMac is a star and doesn't need a confidence booster to know he's a star.

Sorry I got offtrack there. As for the Bulldogs-Lions game, take note that the Dogs were coming off a dreaded 2nd six day break, which might account for their fade out. They looked better than BL in the 1st qtr, then slowly faded and got smashed in the 2nd half. The Dogs were better at the contest, but the stats would indicate that they couldn't apply enough pressure and BL kicked their way down the ground.

The Dogs will have the rest advantage next week with an 8 day, while we will be on a 6 day break. I hope we find a solution for this.
    Last edited by Ludwig; 1st July 2022 at 04:23 PM.

Out of Bounds on the Full Goal Sneak's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    I feel bad that I missed it. Who would have thought that you would be worse off having a dunny break instead of watching Fox.?
    I missed it too but knowing Foxtel, they will most likely show it again just before the game tomorrow.

Watching the Carlton v Saints game tonight. I note Carlton are wearing orange socks and jumper outlines. Is this in gratitude towards GWS for supplying them with so many players over the years?

Quote Originally Posted by Aprilbr View Post
    Watching the Carlton v Saints game tonight. I note Carlton are wearing orange socks and jumper outlines. Is this in gratitude towards GWS for supplying them with so many players over the years?
    I was thinking the same thing.
    It's like a GWS Pride game. The Giants can be proud that they've help make Carlton a legit premiership contender. We've done our part as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    I was thinking the same thing.
    It's like a GWS Pride game. The Giants can be proud that they've help make Carlton a legit premiership contender. We've done our part as well.
    Yes, our contribution should also be lauded, LW. Hewett and Newman having career best seasons for them.

I also read that Bruhn and Taranto may be on the move from GWS at season's end. More Carlton recruits to look forward to?

Here's hoping the Saints can hold on. Will be a great result for us.
    All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated, and well supported in logic and argument than others. -Douglas Adams, author (11 Mar 1952-2001)

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast