Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Round 16: the other games. And then there was twelve.

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    Watching Sinclair racking them up tonight makes me appreciate Clarke’s game last week on him (and how desperately unlucky he was to lose his place this week)

Senior Player
    Massive opportunity opens up for us if St Kilda can hold on.

That goal from Membrey is going to make it very tough for Carlton to recover and win. Excellent!
    All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated, and well supported in logic and argument than others. -Douglas Adams, author (11 Mar 1952-2001)

That nice Membrey effort may have just got St Kilda home.

Looks like the Saints will win this one. Even more impressive with the injury carnage they're facing with that recent head clash.

Senior Player
    Membrey playing a great game for the Saints. Shame we lost him for nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by MattW View Post
    Massive opportunity opens up for us if St Kilda can hold on.
    We need to take it tomorrow. All games are big with the 8 being so tight.

Veterans List
    Saints did us a favour, up to us now to do our part.

Could Port beat Freo and open the door to the top four?

Carlton came for a shoot out and lost. No attempt I could see to shut down the Saints play makers, kudos to our coaches and Clarke last week.

The great thing is that our top 4 chances are in our own hands. If we can beat Freo we can take their spot in the top 4 (provided we also rack up the other necessary victories) - but that will be the key game for the rest of our H&A season.
    All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated, and well supported in logic and argument than others. -Douglas Adams, author (11 Mar 1952-2001)

Not a big secret on how to beat STK. It takes 2 taggers, but you simply have to stop Hill and Sinclair. They really can't get the ball down the field without those 2. It was easier for us last week with Hill out. When we play them again, we should go with 2 hard tags on those guys.

Ratten has done a good coaching job taking an average side, that's had a fair few injuries, this far. They've also done it with an unheralded and undersized backline. They even lost their tallest defender this game and still managed to win, although that was mostly due to Carlton's poor goal kicking. I still don't see them making the 8, but would prefer they do over the other hopefuls (except us of course).
    Last edited by Ludwig; 2nd July 2022 at 12:24 AM.

I can't see the Saints making the 8 and would prefer the Suns out of the other hopefuls (but I can't really see them making it - certainly not if they don't beat the Pies this weekend). Still I'd rather the Saints than Carlton, Bulldogs, Richmond, Collingwood or even Port.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by bloodspirit View Post
    I can't see the Saints making the 8 and would prefer the Suns out of the other hopefuls (but I can't really see them making it - certainly not if they don't beat the Pies this weekend). Still I'd rather the Saints than Carlton, Bulldogs, Richmond, Collingwood or even Port.
    I don't really care. For me, every game turns on what better positions us for a top 4 spot.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast