Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Rnd 17 - vs Bulldogs at SCG, 7:50 PM, Friday 8 July 2022

Senior Player

Rnd 17 - vs Bulldogs at SCG, 7:50 PM, Friday 8 July 2022

Abysmal effort vs the Bombers and the Bulldogs will overtake us on the ladder if they win.

Poor vs the Bombers:

Fox, Gulden, Papley, Florent, Lloyd, Rowbottom, Rampe, Mills, McDonald, Campbell, Blakey, Stephens.

Bring back Clarke for Campbell, and Cunningham if fit for Fox. Almartey for Reid.

Season is on the line here.

Bit harsh on Mills. Personally I thought Hickey had a shocker and got an absolute bath by Draper, but I didn't see many people complaining about him on the match day thread, so could've just been me.

McDonald needs a rest but unfortunately it sounds like Amartey may of injured himself.

I'd like to see Cunningham, Clarke, Ronke and Amartey get a run. But doubt we'd see all four

Who I don’t want to see: Bell, McLean.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by longmile View Post
    Bit harsh on Mills. Personally I thought Hickey had a shocker and got an absolute bath by Draper, but I didn't see many people complaining about him on the match day thread, so could've just been me.

McDonald needs a rest but unfortunately it sounds like Amartey may of injured himself.

I'd like to see Cunningham, Clarke, Ronke and Amartey get a run. But doubt we'd see all four

Who I don’t want to see: Bell, McLean.
    Stephens was ok but his game lacks power. Not sure if he stays in. Campbell seeems nervous. Needs to be played as a midfielder except his role is taken by Gulden who is already among our top players.

Reefer Madness
    Blog Entries
    Out of interest, I’m down for work later this week and this is gonna be my first game since the final round of 2019 when the big four said farewell and Bud had his 300th. I’ve since given up my SCG membership given where I live these days, so all seating recommendations welcomed.
    'Delicious' is a fun word to say

Quote Originally Posted by Maltopia View Post
    Abysmal effort vs the Bombers and the Bulldogs will overtake us on the ladder if they win.

Poor vs the Bombers:

Fox, Gulden, Papley, Florent, Lloyd, Rowbottom, Rampe, Mills, McDonald, Campbell, Blakey, Stephens.

Bring back Clarke for Campbell, and Cunningham if fit for Fox. Almartey for Reid.

Season is on the line here.
    Was Mills poor? I thought he was given a more defensive role when they started pantsing us. Errol, Blakey were okay. RB gets pushed out of contests too easily to be a effective midfielder (imho) - but also thought the bombers got away with a lot of holding (including on RB). Fox was not much chop, nor was Ollie - both disappointing after proving me wrong last week.

Had Papley kicked straight, he’d be the hero right now, but I fear he’s got the yips (again). He wasn’t terrible, but far from great.

With our mids spluttering along I can’t see how we’ll negate the doggies whose centre setup looks more solid than ours. Gonna be a tough few weeks for us, so maybe Clarke is not a bad idea.

Ins. Anyone who can manage to concentrate for four full quarters and kick straight.

Suspended by the MRP
    Play the kids , Roberts, Gus , Bell

Quote Originally Posted by i'm-uninformed2 View Post
    Out of interest, I’m down for work later this week and this is gonna be my first game since the final round of 2019 when the big four said farewell and Bud had his 300th. I’ve since given up my SCG membership given where I live these days, so all seating recommendations welcomed.
    Try to avoid the Brewongle. The noise is excruciating from the speakers up there.

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by TheBloods View Post
    Play the kids , Roberts, Gus , Bell
    If only Roberts could give Stephens some of his footy brain and Stephens could give Roberts some of his speed, we would have 2 great players. Roberts will be very good, but needs to work on his speed and agility in the off-season. Bell gets a lot of the ball and I like his physicality, but wastes the ball too much, even at VFL level.

Agree on Gus. I think he's ready to go if his fitness it up to scratch. We can also add Gould and Amartey to the kids list and ready to play AFL. Saying that, I don't think any of these changes will happen.

Cunningham will surely come in this week, after showing he's way too good for the VFL, and given how poorly our defence went on Saturday.

Senior Player
    This will be my first scg game since pre-pandemic times. I was keen to be cheering for a win to push us into the top 4; I'm sure by Friday a top 8 survival game will fire me up.

Still very flat after yesterday. Such a wasted opportunity. I think there's almost nothing worse than losing because of @@@@ goalkicking.

A number of senior players were down. Somehow we seem unable to learn the lesson of complacency this year.

Cunningham needs to come in and Campbell will go out. I would like to see a spot for Clarke, but unsure for whom.

Reefer Madness
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kafka's Ghost View Post
    Try to avoid the Brewongle. The noise is excruciating from the speakers up there.

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk
    I like music and I like it loud.

Give me some Otis Redding, Johnny Cash, Beck, Stevie Wonder, White Stripes, Talking Heads, Ted Hawkins, good drunk singalongs that lend themselves to bad dance moves, and on and on turned up to full blast 11, and I’m a pig in poo.

So I guess it’ll come down to the set list.
    'Delicious' is a fun word to say

Suspended by the MRP
    Quote Originally Posted by i'm-uninformed2 View Post
    I like music and I like it loud.

Give me some Otis Redding, Johnny Cash, Beck, Stevie Wonder, White Stripes, Talking Heads, Ted Hawkins, good drunk singalongs that lend themselves to bad dance moves, and on and on turned up to full blast 11, and I’m a pig in poo.

So I guess it’ll come down to the set list.
    Ted hawkins ? Christ

Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast