Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Paddy McCartin

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by giant View Post
    Strikes me that Paddy's contract negotiations are going to be interesting. Pretty certain he was signed for a year on minimal dollars. Elite interceptors earn elite dollars (think May, Lever, McGovern) and I assume Paddy will be looking to make up for lost earning time. I get the emotional arguments for him to accept less, but in theory he would have grounds for a 4-5 year contract at $600K+. I suspect the Swans would like to pay him a lot less than that.

The list management team will earn their keep over the next few years.
    I don't think the club would balk at 600K. Positive they see the value in him. He is absolutely a pillar of the side.

Veteran Site Admin
    Just in case people haven't seen the trailers, Fox Footy is airing an interview with Paddy this evening. I think Garry Lyon is the interviewer. I believe Lyon is a family friend of the McCartins so it might get a little cringey (in the sense of people letting their personal relationships infiltrate a professional presentation).

The first airing is 6.30pm this evening but I daresay it will be repeated later. And for those without access to Fox Footy, there's a decent chance that the interview will be available on the club website later in the week.

Senior Player
    Great interview he is an impressive young man who has overcome many obstacles. Main takeaways from the interview for me were
    Toms house mates Logan and Dylan are epic characters 😀
    Owned his suspension had no excuse but diabetes was a possible reason for the brain snap.
    Diabetes has been challenge for whole life and something that he has had to factor into his career
    Playing with Tom highlight of his career and dream come true
    Coming to Sydney was one of the best things he has ever done career wise and the club has been very supportive
    Hawthorn head knock a earlier this season created more pressure for him than it actually warranted .
    Horse one of the great men in footy but he thinks he likes his middle brother ( I think it’s Charley ) more than him and Tom
    Bloods culture is real and important and hard to describe when viewed from the outside.

Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    Just in case people haven't seen the trailers, Fox Footy is airing an interview with Paddy this evening. I think Garry Lyon is the interviewer. I believe Lyon is a family friend of the McCartins so it might get a little cringey (in the sense of people letting their personal relationships infiltrate a professional presentation).

The first airing is 6.30pm this evening but I daresay it will be repeated later. And for those without access to Fox Footy, there's a decent chance that the interview will be available on the club website later in the week.
    On a particular show? Wondering if I can rewatch with Kayo

Out of Bounds on the Full Goal Sneak's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by longmile View Post
    On a particular show? Wondering if I can rewatch with Kayo
    Yes, I saw it on Kayo earlier, just search "Face to Face" if it's not on the main screen

Quote Originally Posted by Goal Sneak View Post
    Yes, I saw it on Kayo earlier, just search "Face to Face" if it's not on the main screen
    Got it! Cheers!

Agree re Paddy and Tom. Buddy is so far from AA selection it isn't funny.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12