Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Rnd 18 vs Fremantle at Optus, 7:30 PM Sat 16 July 2022

Quote Originally Posted by troyjones2525 View Post
    Wowsers! I think TheBloods has a new rival for ChadMania! Just heard Damian Barrett talk on Footy Classified about his love of The Chad and made the huge call that he will win a Brownlow Medal as soon as 2023 or 2024! The panel were quite amused by his statement but he doubled down and stuck by his call saying they can revisit it!

ChadMania has finally reached the masses!!!

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk
    TB may have been talking Chad up the most 18 months ago but there were others who were excited about him before his debut, and Bangalore would have to have been the biggest ChadManiac over the last year or so.

I haven't encountered it yet other than through RWO, but it does sound like ChadMania is now reaching the masses.
    All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated, and well supported in logic and argument than others. -Douglas Adams, author (11 Mar 1952-2001)

Reefer Madness
    Blog Entries
    Having watched the Chad for the first time live the other night, it confirmed a few things about why we all think he’s so special.

One: his power and explosion was everything I expected, but it was still deeply impressive to see live.

Two: he’s a fast learner. I joked about this earlier in the year when he got done a couple of times for dissent, but then quickly learned to rub his hands and fingers through the Chad hair, and stare at the umpire with mouth agape, but avoid being pinged.

But you can also see it in the rapid evolution of parts of his game.

Last year, he was prone to blasting the ball no matter the circumstances. I still laugh at the Richmond game in round three at the MCG when he kicked that goal bursting inside 50, then about two minutes later was on the run again - but thought he could do it from 65m. He was like an over-adrenalined puppy. This year, he has learned the value of the short kick at the right time and must have landed half a dozen of them the other night.

The other was his work at stoppages. Most notably in the GWS final, but also the final play of the Bulldogs game earlier this year, he’d been guilty of ball hunting too early. You want a player like Chad to be offensively minded, but timing is everything. Watching him the other night, he’s holding that fraction longer - probably because he’s worked out with his level of explosion, he can hold his position and still go offensively when the time is right and be a weapon. The goal he kicked in the first quarter was a classic example. He stayed at the contest till it was clear we were going to clear it, and then was still able to leave the Bont trailing him as he tracked inside 50, got the handball from Paps and finished it off.

It all suggests a great instinct for the game and willingness to learn, and learn quickly.
    'Delicious' is a fun word to say

Suspended by the MRP
    Quote Originally Posted by i'm-uninformed2 View Post
    Having watched the Chad for the first time live the other night, it confirmed a few things about why we all think he’s so special.

One: his power and explosion was everything I expected, but it was still deeply impressive to see live.

Two: he’s a fast learner. I joked about this earlier in the year when he got done a couple of times for dissent, but then quickly learned to rub his hands and fingers through the Chad hair, and stare at the umpire with mouth agape, but avoid being pinged.

But you can also see it in the rapid evolution of parts of his game.

Last year, he was prone to blasting the ball no matter the circumstances. I still laugh at the Richmond game in round three at the MCG when he kicked that goal bursting inside 50, then about two minutes later was on the run again - but thought he could do it from 65m. He was like an over-adrenalined puppy. This year, he has learned the value of the short kick at the right time and must have landed half a dozen of them the other night.

The other was his work at stoppages. Most notably in the GWS final, but also the final play of the Bulldogs game earlier this year, he’d been guilty of ball hunting too early. You want a player like Chad to be offensively minded, but timing is everything. Watching him the other night, he’s holding that fraction longer - probably because he’s worked out with his level of explosion, he can hold his position and still go offensively when the time is right and be a weapon. The goal he kicked in the first quarter was a classic example. He stayed at the contest till it was clear we were going to clear it, and then was still able to leave the Bont trailing him as he tracked inside 50, got the handball from Paps and finished it off.

It all suggests a great instinct for the game and willingness to learn, and learn quickly.
    Spot on . Just a brilliant player

Suspended by the MRP
    Kane cornes also reckons Chad will win a Brownlow . Kid needs to stay grounded now , he will

Quote Originally Posted by stevoswan View Post
    Yes, Logan is probably going to miss that trip home, given Reid and Amartey's excellent performances....but they may take him anyway if they think some family time would benefit him. Joel needs to start putting in four complete quarters but that will come with game time so won't be dropped this week one would think.

Hickey for Ladhams sounds about right.
    Sam Mitchell on AFL360 last night mentioned you have to be very patient with talented young key forwards as they take longer to develop and people can get too impatient, comparing them with midfielders who develop quicker. He cited Mitchell Lewis who has been on their list for 6 seasons and is only now having a breakout season.

I think the club is taking similar approach with Logan McDonald and hope he also sees that himself, even though I don't think he'll take 6 years to blossom. Amartey and Maclean may also fall into this category.

Ollie and Will unveil their surrogate baby at training today.

Senior Player
    So, Ludwig, if a bub has two fathers (who are former players) does that count as one pick under the father-son rules or two picks?
    Or father-daughter rules if the bubby is a girl?
    Last edited by KTigers; 12th July 2022 at 02:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by KTigers View Post
    So, Ludwig, if a bub has two fathers (who are ex-players) does that count as one pick under the father-son rules or two picks?
    Shhh!. I don't want whoever's running the AFL these days, to start tinkering with our father/son eligibility.

So, Ludwig, if a bub has two fathers (who are former players) does that count as one pick under the father-son rules or two picks?
    It's just 1 pick, but only 100 games combined between the former players would be required to meet the fathers-and-whatever-it-is qualification. But with the Florentines each having over 100, it could have been twins and still be okay.

Personally, I like the Florentines, but I know many are not too keen on them and hope the seed falls farther from the trees than usual in this case.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    It's just 1 pick, but only 100 games combined between the former players would be required to meet the fathers-and-whatever-it-is qualification. But with the Florentines each having over 100, it could have been twins and still be okay.

Personally, I like the Florentines, but I know many are not too keen on them and hope the seed falls farther from the trees than usual in this case.
    And what about the relationship between Florent and Tim Taranto that has been referred to elsewhere on this illustrious journal?
    How would having three fathers (one of whom plays at another club) impact upon the father-son (or father-daughter) rules? Maybe
    the AFL will need to form another committee to address this type of occurrence going forward. They've always been very productive
    in the past.

And what about the relationship between Florent and Tim Taranto that has been referred to elsewhere on this illustrious journal?
    How would having three fathers (one of whom plays at another club) impact upon the father-son (or father-daughter) rules? Maybe
    the AFL will need to form another committee to address this type of occurrence going forward. They've always been very productive
    in the past.
    The old three-body problem rears it's ugly head. It's a very complicated situation. So difficult to measure the constantly changing attractions among the bodies. Good thing Gill is retiring, because he's clearly unqualified to deal with such a touchy affair.

Quote Originally Posted by MattW View Post
    It's Saturday night, so Taylor won't call it - he calls Thursday and/or Friday night and Sunday arvo.

The Channel 7 team on Saturday nights is Luke Darcy and Hamish McLachlan. But we'll be spared that duo this week, aa Carlton-Geelong is also Saturday night and Channel 7 will take that game.

As result, a Fox team will call the game, which generally means there's no need to mute.
    It'll be Adam Papalyia, who is a very good commentator and will actually be there, but the "analysts" will still be in Melbourne.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
    Today's a draft of your epitaph

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast