Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 37 to 48 of 54

Thread: Rnd 18 vs Fremantle at Optus, 7:30 PM Sat 16 July 2022

  1. #37
    Veterans List wolftone57's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Lilyfield
    Posts
    5,338
    Quote Originally Posted by Maltopia View Post
    Good chance to make top four if we win against the Dockers and win a few more after that.

    Ladhams out with thumb surgery.

    Logan would love to come to WA, see his family etc, but Almartey was great in the first quarter with the two marks and goals and competitive for the rest of the day. Reid was awesome.

    So I would say just Hickey in for Ladhams.
    How many times since the break have people said 'Good chance to make the top 4'? Look what has happened every time. In saying that, if we play like last week we will give it a good shot. But if we play like 2 weeks ago we get smashed.

    Hickey back. Maybe Gould or Bell in and Harry out.

  2. #38
    Veterans List
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Sydney East
    Posts
    4,513
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBloods View Post
    You either have the belief in yourself to do it or you dont . He has got it in spades
    Well the belief is part of it, sure, but the way he bursts from traffic with impunity seems quite extraordinary - it's more than raw pace too. Tough to put your finger on.

  3. #39
    Senior Player
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    1,401
    How can anyone be dropped after that win. Harry is just getting back into the swing, no problems. Hickey for Ladhams, that is all.
    We have them where we want them, everything is going according to plan!

  4. #40
    On the veteran's list
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Swans Heartland
    Posts
    1,994
    Quote Originally Posted by Scottee View Post
    How can anyone be dropped after that win. Harry is just getting back into the swing, no problems. Hickey for Ladhams, that is all.
    Your plan is confirmed. Emerg. Harry Pelican, Haydn, Braedan

  5. #41
    Veterans List
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Crowland :-(
    Posts
    5,779
    Hickey for Ladhams, simples.

  6. #42
    Suspended by the MRP
    Join Date
    Feb 2020
    Location
    Sydney, NSW
    Posts
    2,047
    Quote Originally Posted by giant View Post
    Well the belief is part of it, sure, but the way he bursts from traffic with impunity seems quite extraordinary - it's more than raw pace too. Tough to put your finger on.
    Im telling you its belief . Do you think Chad is the first in the competition to be blessed with speed ? Reckon some like Florent are quicker . But you need the belief that you can get from point A to point B and take on anyone or anything in your way . also you have to be smart. Know when you have the chance to take off and when its best not to . Chad is still learning this but he gets it right nearly every time . He is sensational . What a piece of recruiting

  7. #43
    Veterans List Ludwig's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Chiang Mai
    Posts
    8,940
    Freo look a bit undersized in the back line, but they have a very good group of young defenders who, like a lot of Swans' players, are not talked about much in the Vic centred media. Hayden Young, Jordan Clark, Brandon Walker and Heath Chapman are 4 reasons that Freo should be one of the stronger teams going into the future.

    I hope we go out and play a very strong game, like we did against the Dogs. Win or lose, it's the effort that counts.

  8. #44
    I don’t think we’ll be taking as many marks inside 50 (Buddy included) as we did against the Dogs “backline”. Freo a much sterner test.

    Very happy it’s the same side other than injury replacement. Let’s hope it rains!

  9. #45
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBloods View Post
    Im telling you its belief . Do you think Chad is the first in the competition to be blessed with speed ? Reckon some like Florent are quicker . But you need the belief that you can get from point A to point B and take on anyone or anything in your way . also you have to be smart. Know when you have the chance to take off and when its best not to . Chad is still learning this but he gets it right nearly every time . He is sensational . What a piece of recruiting
    TB, Ollie finds space most of the time and rarely gets caught. He has moved up a level this year. One of my favs, after Chad of course!😊

  10. #46
    Suspended by the MRP
    Join Date
    Feb 2020
    Location
    Sydney, NSW
    Posts
    2,047
    Quote Originally Posted by Roadrunner View Post
    TB, Ollie finds space most of the time and rarely gets caught. He has moved up a level this year. One of my favs, after Chad of course!😊
    Not as much as Chad

  11. #47
    Senior Player
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Canberra
    Posts
    3,568
    Quote Originally Posted by Markwebbos View Post
    I don’t think we’ll be taking as many marks inside 50 (Buddy included) as we did against the Dogs “backline”. Freo a much sterner test.

    Very happy it’s the same side other than injury replacement. Let’s hope it rains!
    60% chance of 0-1mm



    Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk
    Twitter: @mattlwood.

  12. #48
    Clarke on Young, Amartey on Cox

    Those 2 do all the rebound stuff from defence

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO