Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Rnd 18 vs Fremantle at Optus, 7:30 PM Sat 16 July 2022

Quote Originally Posted by waswan View Post
    Clarke on Young, Amartey on Cox

Those 2 do all the rebound stuff from defence
    Cox will probably try to take Buddy. Luke Ryan and Jordan Clark also do a lot of rebound from defence. They're a difficult club to stop because of their balance and speed down back.

Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    Cox will probably try to take Buddy. Luke Ryan and Jordan Clark also do a lot of rebound from defence. They're a difficult club to stop because of their balance and speed down back.
    We have enough speed in our front half so hopefully we can stop them. Clarke and Hayward to play an important role.
    The game will again be won in the middle. The more defensive minded we are there, we can stop them. Rory Lobb always plays well against us. And our recent outings against them haven’t been good. So fingers crossed

Suspended by the MRP
    How good has he been . He was rubbish at Geelong . Makes you wonder what other young blokes are out there who could thrive with us

Quote Originally Posted by TheBloods View Post
    How good has he been . He was rubbish at Geelong . Makes you wonder what other young blokes are out there who could thrive with us
    I thought Clark looked okay at Geelong, but like Matt Crouch who we were discussing on the list management thread, it's hard to know that much about players from other clubs, unless we follow them closely. I believe the media often questioned why he was having trouble getting a game at Geelong. Clearly Geelong made a mistake with him, because he's playing some great footy now. Maybe he just wasn't old enough.

Every list manager scours other lists for unwanted players. Clark was a first round pick, so was far from a hidden gem.

Freo also got Will Brodie in an absolute steal. They did very well on Blake Acres too, a player I wanted us to take instead of Zak Jones. They cleaned up on the 2019 trade of Brad Hill which saw them draft Serong and Young.

Freo has certainly filled out their list very well. Lots of winners from lots of sources.
    Last edited by Ludwig; 14th July 2022 at 11:46 PM.

Senior Player
    I thought Clark looked okay at Geelong, but like Matt Crouch who we were discussing on the list management thread, it's hard to know that much about players from other clubs, unless we follow them closely. I believe the media often questioned why he was having trouble getting a game at Geelong. Clearly Geelong made a mistake with him, because he's playing some great footy now. Maybe he just wasn't old enough.

Every list manager scours other lists for unwanted players. Clark was a first round pick, so was far from a hidden gem.

Freo also got Will Brodie in an absolute steal. They did very well on Blake Acres too, a player I wanted us to take instead of Zak Jones. They cleaned up on the 2019 trade of Brad Hill which saw them draft Serong and Young.

Freo has certainly filled out their list very well. Lots of winners from lots of sources.
    I think Freo has seven players with 9 or more games this year who were traded in from other clubs. That’s almost a third of their starting 22.

Veterans List

The "go home" factor is Freo and WCE's "academy", just as father/son is the Pies and Cats academies.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345