Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dawson, next Crows captain

Veterans List
    Said to Crows fans on BF that he'd be their best player if he joined them, for which view I was roundly jeered. Suspect he wins their B&F comfortably, even being spoken about as AA candidate.

Breaks my heart.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    Hewett was already on the trade table a year earlier.
    Also when we thought Dawson was staying. Just sayin'.
    Last edited by stevoswan; 14th July 2022 at 07:54 PM.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by giant View Post
    Said to Crows fans on BF that he'd be their best player if he joined them, for which view I was roundly jeered. Suspect he wins their B&F comfortably, even being spoken about as AA candidate.

Breaks my heart.
    Not mine. Having left us as he did, all I'm left with is mild resentment and an enhanced shadenfreude detector.

Out of Bounds on the Full Goal Sneak's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MattW View Post
    Not mine. Having left us as he did, all I'm left with is mild resentment and an enhanced shadenfreude detector.
    Attachment 2385

Senior Player
    Some of us were thinking we could have used Hewett some rounds back when Rowbottom was not playing that well.

However RB has had some really good games over several weeks now and I don’t think we have really missed Hewett that much recently except maybe vs the Bombers.

I agree it is a shame we couldn’t get what he is producing now for the Blues, but I now think it was best for both parties (Swans and Hewett, screw the Blues) that he left now.

When Parker slows down and retires, we will need another bull and we might get think back on losing Hewett then, but that is hopefully some time still and Gus may be ready then.

Reefer Madness
    Blog Entries
    He won’t be captain. I’ve got a mate who’s a mad Crows fans and loves him as a player, and knows a couple of Crows board members, but even he wonders: what sort of bloke and what sort of IQ leaves the Swans to spend the next five years at the bottom of the ladder?
    'Delicious' is a fun word to say

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by i'm-uninformed2 View Post
    He won’t be captain. I’ve got a mate who’s a mad Crows fans and loves him as a player, and knows a couple of Crows board members, but even he wonders: what sort of bloke and what sort of IQ leaves the Swans to spend the next five years at the bottom of the ladder?
    I'm in Adelaide so I hate the Crows. Nothing would give me greater pleasure than for them to languish at the bottom for five more years - because they're the Crows and a bit meanly for Dawson to not have success there.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by 707 View Post
    I'm in Adelaide.
    Our thoughts are with you through this difficult time.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by KTigers View Post
    Nice sentiments, although presumably 707 not locked into a 5 year contract.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by KTigers View Post
    LOL!

At this point in time, as I do every winter, I'm on the Sunshine Coast to avoid the worse of the Adelaide winter. Got Foxtel so all is good, plenty of time to watch games. Right now I just wish this unseasonal rain would go away, my dismalist winter ever up here.

Senior Player
    LOL!

At this point in time, as I do every winter, I'm on the Sunshine Coast to avoid the worse of the Adelaide winter. Got Foxtel so all is good, plenty of time to watch games. Right now I just wish this unseasonal rain would go away, my dismalist winter ever up here.
    Smart move man. The weather here (Sydney) is rubbish too. Hopefully it'll pick up by Saturday arvo for the game, and for my
    dismal play of late at the club to improve on Sunday. I'll never get the call from Sharky to join the LIV tour otherwise.

Senior Player
    LOL!

Well it’s meant to clear up a little for the weekend. But yes it’s been a crappy year weather wise up here. Before moving to the Sunshine Coast I lived in Wallaroo for a few years and vowed to never complain about rain again after that experience but this year has been a test of that vow.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12