Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Buddy 2023 & beyond?

Buddy 2023 & beyond?

Will Buddy finally end up at The Giants ?

Possibly, but they have salary cap pressures and would need to cull players. Hopper or Taranto would be handy.

Quote Originally Posted by Hotpotato View Post
    Will Buddy finally end up at The Giants ?
    North Melbourne!

Reefer Madness
    Blog Entries
    The Herald Sun reporting on the gap between the Swans offer and the ask from Buddy's camp. $500K vs $7-800K. Suggestion he may go elsewhere blah blah.

We all love the great man, but personally I think our offer is fair given his age, our cap, what he's already earned, etc.

I don't begrudge him asking it, and I sincerely hope he stays, but we have a responsibility to do what's right for the club. The $2-300K difference can force a younger player out next year, or see other contracts back ended and cause problems later when we're trying to resign a lot of talent.
    'Delicious' is a fun word to say

Given the sanctions we suffered for getting him ... we pretty much lost 2 years when he was injured at his most expensive ... his game time as to be managed when not 100 percent ... any new injury could end his season ... young player development is being hampered ... it would be an ugly end if he went elsewhere for a few dollars more.

Buddy 2023 & beyond?

With reports that Buddy is contemplating a move away from the Swans because of the disparity between what Franklin is reporting asking ($700-$800k) and what the Swans are reportedly offering ($500k) - exacerbated by Jacinta potentially representing Bud as his agent - I thought this will undoubtedly be a major topic of discussion and probably deserves its own thread.

Just make a clean break with Bud. Both parties' goals aren't mutually aligned. Bud wants to do what's best for his family which is understandable, Swans needs to prioritise player retention and development.

Senior Player
    Andrew Wu has Pridham quotes which suggest the deal will get done.

https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl/...13-p5b1dz.html

Ego alta, ergo ictus Ruck'n'Roll's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by i'm-uninformed2 View Post
    The Herald Sun reporting on the gap between the Swans offer and the ask from Buddy's camp. $500K vs $7-800K. Suggestion he may go elsewhere blah blah.

We all love the great man, but personally I think our offer is fair given his age, our cap, what he's already earned, etc.

I don't begrudge him asking it, and I sincerely hope he stays, but we have a responsibility to do what's right for the club. The $2-300K difference can force a younger player out next year, or see other contracts back ended and cause problems later when we're trying to resign a lot of talent.
    The money spent on the Bondi Billionaires could have stuffed our club completely for a decade. That we suffered only a remarkably moderate exodus was an extraordinary effort by the Swans.
    I also think the $10 Million Dollar Man has done extremely well out of the Swans.
    After all that guff about it not being about the money, he's upping the ante again?
    If he isn't happy with the opportunity to play another season with the Swans (and at an income that will have no adverse effect on player retention whatsoever) then he should seek opportunities elsewhere. And should he then discover there are no other takers, he should accept our offer or retire.
    Loose translation from the Latin is - I am tall, so I hit out.

im seriously not worried about this situation with Bud

it will be a shame if 2023 is not with us especially given his 34 goals from 14 games at 35yrs of age this season........but we cant break the bank
    "be tough, only when it gets tough"

Veterans List
    Liam Pickering is his manager and true to form goes for the bigger bucks. A couple of people on SEN reckon $500k is a fair offer. How many clubs would pay him 700+K on the chance they might get a year out of him. So he will retire for the sake of $200K?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Markwebbos View Post
    LDU
    Tarryn Thomas
    Jy Simpkin
    Zurhaar
    Horne-Francis
    All those are rated as average. Jy Simpkin maybe.

Ego alta, ergo ictus Ruck'n'Roll's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nico View Post
    Liam Pickering is his manager and true to form goes for the bigger bucks. A couple of people on SEN reckon $500k is a fair offer. How many clubs would pay him 700+K on the chance they might get a year out of him. So he will retire for the sake of $200K?

- - - Updated - - -

All those are rated as average. Jy Simpkin maybe.
    Buddy and Pickers parted ways immediately after he joined the Swans. As Jacinta has now qualified as an agent she may be representing him.
    Loose translation from the Latin is - I am tall, so I hit out.

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast