Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread: Buddy 2023 & beyond?

Quote Originally Posted by Hotpotato View Post
    Buddy will remain a Swan.
    He’s badly advised it he doesn’t stay. I’m sure there will be coaching opportunities available to him with the Swans if he stays. Why bite the hand that feeds you!

Quote Originally Posted by 111431 View Post
    Why bite the hand that feeds you!
    Wait until it stops feeding you. Then bite it!

Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    Wait until it stops feeding you. Then bite it!
    Very good!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He’s been paid v well, then again his drawing power, memberships, merchandising, brand growth he’s brought has been significant.

Ask ANY Sydney-Sider to name a Swans player and of course they will say ‘Buddy’.

It’s still a little while off until they all reply ‘Chaddy’

Meet him somewhere in a $$ region that keeps her happy !

Ego alta, ergo ictus Ruck'n'Roll's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hotpotato View Post
    Ask ANY Sydney-Sider to name a Swans player and of course they will say ‘Buddy’.
    So what? Asking the same question 35 years ago and the answer was Capper, 20 years ago it'd be BigBadBustlingBarryHall. I suspect theire's a difference between awareness raising and actually achieving anything. And when the bulk of the dollarsgoes to the former, the latter suffers.
    Last edited by Ruck'n'Roll; 16th May 2023 at 05:04 PM.
    Loose translation from the Latin is - I am tall, so I hit out.

Leigh Montagna on Fox Footy last night suggested the Swans should formerly announce soon this will be Buddy's final season. The idea is that it will take away the focus on Buddy's declining performances and more on celebrating his career as a legend in the remaining games he has left. Bud is near 350 games & 6 goals away from moving into 4th on the all time goal kicking list, both worthy milestones to celebrate.

Quote Originally Posted by KSAS View Post
    Leigh Montagna on Fox Footy last night suggested the Swans should formerly announce soon this will be Buddy's final season. The idea is that it will take away the focus on Buddy's declining performances and more on celebrating his career as a legend in the remaining games he has left. Bud is near 350 games & 6 goals away from moving into 4th on the all time goal kicking list, both worthy milestones to celebrate.
    We all know that this is Buddy’s last year- surely he knows it too, so no need for any announcements. The only question is now what’s best for the team- forget milestones as he is a legend already and the team always should come first. He should play out the year if his form warrants it and if it helps the young players- we all love him but it’s clear now that his stellar career really finished last year.

"We" know no such thing, less than a week ago we had RWOers aggresively defending Buddy.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruck'n'Roll View Post
    "We" know no such thing, less than a week ago we had RWOers aggresively defending Buddy.
    I defended Buddy earning another year, not going beyond this one.

He's cooked mate. He could not even beat a very ordinary FB.​

Sent from my JAT-L29 using Tapatalk

I don’t think anyone thought he would play beyond this year- that is all I was saying.

Horse says Buddy "was still crucial to the Swans and continued to take the best defender each week" - thereby silencing all the Buddy doubters completely.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast