Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Round 18: the other games. The big black texta is poised.

Outer wing, Lake Oval Sandridge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Aprilbr View Post
    A pathetic performance by the Saints. Their final quarter cannot excuse the first three. In my view, neither side will feature in the finals. I think the Tigers will hang onto the final spot. The Saints have spent a lot of time and money to develop a middling team that is getting old with a lack of stars. The Dogs have been very disappointing this season although I think they have stars and some promise on their list.
    Agree with all of that. St.Kilda were awful in the first 3 quarters and the Poodles weren't all that impressive either considering the opposition. The highlight of the game for me was the Channel 7 commentators - especially BT - trying to talk up a St.Kilda comeback in the last quarter. Even when there was just 7 minutes to go and St.Kilda needed 5 goals to win, they were still entertaining the possibility of a comeback!

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandridge View Post
    Agree with all of that. St.Kilda were awful in the first 3 quarters and the Poodles weren't all that impressive either considering the opposition. The highlight of the game for me was the Channel 7 commentators - especially BT - trying to talk up a St.Kilda comeback in the last quarter. Even when there was just 7 minutes to go and St.Kilda needed 5 goals to win, they were still entertaining the possibility of a comeback!
    Channel 7 commentary is pretty ordinary these days. Big come down from Bruce and Dennis.

Its almost like they were begging the viewers not to change the channel even though everyone knew that the game was over at 3/4 time.

Veteran Site Admin
    I don’t find the prospect of barracking for Geelong any more palatable than for Carlton, but it would be better for us if they (Geelong) won. Geelong are close to certain to finish top four, even if they don’t win this one. But Carlton are still battling (with us and others) for a top four (or top six) spot.

Getting the feeling that the Giants v Lions game may be a bit of a snooze fest. Turned it on a few minutes before half time and the commentators seem more interested in talking about the fake snow blowing across the ground.

Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    I don’t find the prospect of barracking for Geelong any more palatable than for Carlton, but it would be better for us if they (Geelong) won. Geelong are close to certain to finish top four, even if they don’t win this one. But Carlton are still battling (with us and others) for a top four (or top six) spot.
    Absolutely. I actually dislike Cats much less than the Baggers. Cats will be top 2 with their run home - & both Carlton and Collingwood have some tough games to come. Go Cats.

Collingwood have had a good run of wins - but have been far from convincing wins. Vic media talking them up, but they are vulnerable too. Go Crows!

Quote Originally Posted by dejavoodoo44 View Post
    Getting the feeling that the Giants v Lions game may be a bit of a snooze fest. Turned it on a few minutes before half time and the commentators seem more interested in talking about the fake snow blowing across the ground.
    You were right.

Crows V Pies game has been entertaining and hard fought. That new Daicos kid is some talent! His kicking at goal is flawless.

Adelaide v. Collingwood is an absolute cracker.

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

Veterans List
    Effing Magpies.....squeezed home by 5 pts. Damn it!

Quote Originally Posted by Aprilbr View Post
    Crows V Pies game has been entertaining and hard fought. That new Daicos kid is some talent! His kicking at goal is flawless.
    In retrospect, the decision of GWS to bid on Sam Darcy at pick 2 and then take Finn Callaghan rather than bidding on Daicos, is starting to seem a touch unusual.

Veterans List
    I still hear footy pundits saying GWS has a good list. They don't have a good list and they have over rated players on big $$$$ long contracts. They look to me that they will be close to bottom 4 this year and probably next. They are in big strife.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast