Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Round 18: the other games. The big black texta is poised.

Round 18: the other games. The big black texta is poised.

I think there's every chance, that the finals hopes of a couple of will be realistically over by the end of the round. I know, some fans will talk about mathematical possibilities, but I doubt if there's too many people, who feel any degree of realistic confidence, when they mutter the phrase, "No, we still have a mathematical possibility of making the eight".

Tonight's game is a case of point, St Kilda on 36 points, clash with the 32 point Western Bulldogs. If the Saints lose, then maybe they still have some sort of chance? However, if the Bulldogs lose, then I think it would be only a small percentage of their fans talking about the mathematically possible. And even then, it'd only be for the amount time that it takes to check on who they're playing next week, and discovering that it's the Demons. Which I guess, would be a bit like being thrown out of a club, deciding that, no, you can get back in by climbing through that small back window, only for your plans to be interrupted, by a couple of large and menacing figures filling your field of vision. Although it is a bit of shame, that the first three quarters of this game clashes with our VFL side playing Southport. Oh well, hopefully that just means that we enjoy a hard fought win over a tough Sharks side, before tuning in to see the death throes of the Bulldogs season.

The first Saturday match is the Crows hosting the Magpies. Personally, I'm a bit over the Collingwood winning streak. And of course, an Adelaide win is far better for our ladder position.

Next up, ladder position means that most of us will probably be hoping for the Giants to beat the Lions. Which seems a reasonable chance, as Brisbane don't seem to be coping all that well with having injuries for the first time in years.

The next game is the main reason why I think a Bulldogs loss would spell doom for their season: Richmond v the hapless North. That is, Bulldogs lose and they're two wins and an increasingly large percentage behind the eighth placed side. And I do wonder how sacked North coach David Noble would view this game? Like, I'm sure that he built up some close friendships when he was there and he probably appreciated the effort that they put in last week; but does he really want them to start winning once that he's no longer there? "No, I'm really happy for the bunch of @@@@s."

On Saturday night, what should be the two best matches of the round, unfortunately clash: Carlton v Geelong and Us v Fremantle. Then again, it might be best not being able to watch both, as ladder position would dictate the unclean option of barracking for Carlton.

Sunday, 1.10 pm. Hawks v Eagles.

The big black texta is also poised for the next match, in which Melbourne and Port face each other in Alice Springs. A loss by Port would be season over and just to add to the degree of difficulty, they have to win without a recognised ruckman, and without their covid stricken coach. Which might be a lose/lose situation for Ken Hinkley. Lose, and many fans will be calling for his sacking, because the highly talented Port side won't be playing finals. Upset win, and many of the same fans will be calling for his sacking, because it just demonstrates what the side can do without him.

And I suppose the texta is lurking for the Suns in the final match of the round. However, I fully expect them to have a bit too much heart for Essendon.

Reefer Madness
    Blog Entries
    We could realistically go from 12 down to 9 this week. Saints beat the Cheats, the Suns choke, and Port get done, and they're all gone.

I'm gonna tip the Suns to prevail however. They've played good footy for two months now.

And I hope the Saints beat the Cheats, because, well, they're Cheats.
    'Delicious' is a fun word to say

Carn the saints. Finish the fairy puppies off.

Sent from my CPH2009 using Tapatalk
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

Quote Originally Posted by i'm-uninformed2 View Post
    We could realistically go from 12 down to 9 this week. Saints beat the Cheats, the Suns choke, and Port get done, and they're all gone.

I'm gonna tip the Suns to prevail however. They've played good footy for two months now.

And I hope the Saints beat the Cheats, because, well, they're Cheats.
    Channel 7 seem to be advertising the game, as the return of Bailey Smith the messiah. Not sure if that's going to attract many non-Bulldogs fans?

I hate to say it but I’d prefer the Dogs to win. So far so good

Outer wing, Lake Oval Sandridge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Markwebbos View Post
    I hate both clubs but have hated St.Kilda longer so I'm actually with you. The Saints are inept and have just scored their first goal with 7 minutes left in the half.

Reefer Madness
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Markwebbos View Post
    Are you sure you belong on this website? 😉
    'Delicious' is a fun word to say

Senior Player
    Bulldogs getting some biased non-calls here. A HTB vs Johanneson not called that would be called against us, and a clear holding the man that would be called most games.

Uggghhh, looking at the score, don't think I'll bother tuning in, now that I've finished watching the VFL.

Senior Player
    Two annoying, irrelevant teams playing each other. They should both be made to buy some carbon credits or whatever
    they are called to offset the damage that was done to the environment by operating the stadium for the game.

Quote Originally Posted by KTigers View Post
    Two annoying, irrelevant teams playing each other. They should both be made to buy some carbon credits or whatever
    they are called to offset the damage that was done to the environment by operating the stadium for the game.
    On a tangent, I'd like to see more stadiums become little power plants.

Solaripedia | Green Architecture & Building | Projects in Green Architecture & Building

That is, cover the roofs with solar panels, install a battery large enough to run the stadium on the nights that it's required, and on the other nights, release electricity into the grid.

A pathetic performance by the Saints. Their final quarter cannot excuse the first three. In my view, neither side will feature in the finals. I think the Tigers will hang onto the final spot. The Saints have spent a lot of time and money to develop a middling team that is getting old with a lack of stars. The Dogs have been very disappointing this season although I think they have stars and some promise on their list.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast