Page 27 of 30 FirstFirst ... 172324252627282930 LastLast

Thread: Rd 18 vs Fremantle Dockers @ Optus Stadium

Suspended by the MRP
    Quote Originally Posted by i'm-uninformed2 View Post
    Well, Chadmania is everywhere today.

Damien Barrett, who to be fair has been on the Chad train for a while now, has gone big again this morning.

BARRETT: Cats' not-so-secret weapon, this Swan will win a Brownlow

And there is an article in the Herald (won't link, as they seem to screw up threads), with Parker talking up Chadmania.
    Dont worry , when he gets over his niggles Jmac will be up there too

Reefer Madness
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBloods View Post
    Dont worry , when he gets over his niggles Jmac will be up there too
    You well know my views of JMac.

Whilst he wasn't back to his absolute best, I do think his game on the weekend was very solid and his best for a month or so. Some very good moments and hopefully a sign he'll be fully back on track soon.

What's more, him and Dylan seem to be working very well together as wingers. I've been confident on Dyl since the glimpses we saw in season one, and glad we're getting to see more now. I reckon Horse will have loved those closing two minutes from him the other night.
    'Delicious' is a fun word to say

Suspended by the MRP
    Quote Originally Posted by i'm-uninformed2 View Post
    You well know my views of JMac.

Whilst he wasn't back to his absolute best, I do think his game on the weekend was very solid and his best for a month or so. Some very good moments and hopefully a sign he'll be fully back on track soon.

What's more, him and Dylan seem to be working very well together as wingers. I've been confident on Dyl since the glimpses we saw in season one, and glad we're getting to see more now. I reckon Horse will have loved those closing two minutes from him the other night.
    Thats why i said , dont worry . Jmac will be back to getting rave reviews too . Elite talents dont stay down for long . Its a shame he did his knee first game in , puts him behind the eight ball for the rest of the year . Big pre season coming up for him.

+1 for him and Dyl , i said it about Dyl all along , he suits our game plan perfect , holds his width and covers so much ground and has the toe to do it . Might not be elite , his kicking needs work and he still does too many silly things when under pressure . But he belongs in this team no doubt about it .

What i like about our team is we have a pair of runners at each point in the ground who are quick and work up back and forth . Fox and Florent at HB, Jmac and Dylan on wings , Paps and Hayward at HF . So anywhere on the ground we have got coverage on the outside for a quick dish off with the handball . Fantastic coaching and glad they didnt listen to me and drop half of those blokes or i wouldnt be here talking about it working so well

Senior Player
    What a great position we are in with the team, apart from Ladhams not being available to cover for Hickey.

We have Logan McDonald, Campbell, Cunningham, JPK and Wicks not being able to be fit into the side, all who are capable players! COR as well once he is fit, and a few calling for Gould to debut.

Just Blakey and JMac down on form compared to their best last year.

Suspended by the MRP
    Quote Originally Posted by Maltopia View Post
    What a great position we are in with the team, apart from Ladhams not being available to cover for Hickey.

We have Logan McDonald, Campbell, Cunningham, JPK and Wicks not being able to be fit into the side, all who are capable players! COR as well once he is fit, and a few calling for Gould to debut.

Just Blakey and JMac down on form compared to their best last year.
    Blakeys had more coaches votes this yr than Gulden , McCartin, Papley !

I don't have the numbers in front of me now, but Dylan posted some of the best numbers on ground for distance, speed and sprints. He's working hard up and down the ground. His kicking can be sharp and penetrating; he does have a clanger here and there, but way better than he was going just a few weeks ago in the VFL. He should be able to get his kicking consistency back. In fact, it already seems to be coming back.

Veterans List
    TMP's view.....a bit Covid affected but still a good read.

Sydney v Fremantle - Mongrel Talking Points - The Mongrel Punt

Plus this little piece for all of us Chad fans.

And... New Mongrel Midfield Champion - Chad Warner! - The Mongrel Punt

Reefer Madness
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by stevoswan View Post

Ha.

But seriously, one of the good things about Chad, is that on Sat night, they put Aish into the centre square at the start of the fourth quarter with the express intent of trying to tag Chad. He kept with him for the first few minutes, but then Chad just went . . . see ya.

He'll get harder and better tags - and even the best young players can struggle when it first happens to them, so coping will be part of his development. But I've said before, he seems a quick learner, so sure he'll work his way quickly through it.
    'Delicious' is a fun word to say

Quote Originally Posted by dejavoodoo44 View Post
    And I did enjoy the background grunt of appreciation as that kick hit its mark, from one of the commentators.
    And a great finish by Hayward to round it off.

There was a similar grunt when he kicks the goal, too. & did I hear an “Errol” chant from the stands?

Suspended by the MRP
    Quote Originally Posted by stevoswan View Post

Thank you

Veteran Site Admin
    Coaches' votes are out pretty early today. Nothing surprising in the votes for our game.

10 Chad Warner (SYD)
    8 Errol Gulden (SYD)
    6 Callum Mills (SYD)
    3 Griffin Logue (FRE)
    2 Isaac Heeney (SYD)
    1 Tom Papley (SYD)

Coaches' votes, R18: Dees star Christian Petracca closes gap at top as SEVEN players earn perfect 10

Suspended by the MRP
    Chad is on 48 for the yr , amazing