Page 28 of 30 FirstFirst ... 1824252627282930 LastLast

Thread: Rd 18 vs Fremantle Dockers @ Optus Stadium

Out of Bounds on the Full Goal Sneak's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBloods View Post
    Chad is on 48 for the yr , amazing
    Well deserved, he just keeps getting better, what a great season he is putting together.

Outer wing, Lake Oval Sandridge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Agent 86 View Post
    My favourite moment was The Chad pointing Errol to kick for goal from wide out for one of (my) goals of the year. He knew he’d kick it. Wonderful passage of play & rattled the dockers.
    Yep! Chad had no doubt about what Errol should do with the ball!

Quote Originally Posted by Maltopia View Post
    What a great position we are in with the team, apart from Ladhams not being available to cover for Hickey.

We have Logan McDonald, Campbell, Cunningham, JPK and Wicks not being able to be fit into the side, all who are capable players! COR as well once he is fit, and a few calling for Gould to debut.

Just Blakey and JMac down on form compared to their best last year.
    it was not a game where players were hogging the spotlight. Only 3 players had 25 or more. The load was shared

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Goal Sneak View Post
    Well deserved, he just keeps getting better, what a great season he is putting together.
    https://twitter.com/sirswampthing/st...Wt0LiWq7A&s=19

Veteran Site Admin
    Came close to not happening this week. AFL360 showed a screenshot of the votes as they were originally posted:

8 Errol Gulden
    6 Callum Mills
    5 Chad Warner
    5 Corey Warner

etc etc

Veteran Site Admin
    I've just got around to watching a replay of the second quarter. (The second half was dealt with yesterday - and again today!)

While Errol's kick to Hayward tight on the boundary has received much (deserved) gushing, and Hayward's conversion some admiration too, there was a goal assist (in reverse) that was just as impressive. It's at around 8 minutes left on the countdown clock in the second quarter, when Errol kicked that much needed goal to break the run of behinds. The kick, from Hayward, was a wonderful switch of angle from 40m or so away that pinpointed Gulden between two Freo defenders.

It's exactly the kind of kick I often beseech players to do in my muttered breath, rather than the predictable kick to the top of the goal square. We so often have a player stationed in space (far more space than Gulden was in) around 40m out on the fat side of the forward 50m but so often our players don't even swivel their heads and look.

Veterans List
    Fabulous win, was fantastic to see us able to switch up game plans mid-match and execute so brilliantly - something new for both the team and the coaches' box I think.

Loved Robbie Fox's game - played with real confidence and freedom, especially in that last quarter. And thought Ollie Florent was really important in the first half.

It's kinda amazing to think perhaps our 4 most important players right now are three kids (Blakey, Guilden, Warner) and someone we picked up in the off-season (McCartin). Extraordinary times.

That is quite remarkable. Hopefully he can get another 10 votes against Adelaide and really put the comp on notice!

Senior Player
    Chad getting a big wrap from Robbo on AFL 360 and comparing him to Dane Swan.

Suspended by the MRP
    Quote Originally Posted by Faunac8 View Post
    Chad getting a big wrap from Robbo on AFL 360 and comparing him to Dane Swan.
    Where is Bangalore swans ? I thought he 'd be keen to get on here and rub all our faces in this Chad hype !

Quote Originally Posted by TheBloods View Post
    Where is Bangalore swans ? I thought he 'd be keen to get on here and rub all our faces in this Chad hype !
    I'd really like to know what happened to Bangalore Swans. I saw some comment that he had been banned/suspended. Does anyone know if he will be allowed back or has he just left the RWO community?

On the wing
    Watched the replay again. Fantastic win. EVERY player did a terrific part. I was a bit harsh on Ryan Clarke earlier in the threads but looking at it again he did some good stuff. They were all fantastic- Fox, JMac, Mills, Parker, Chad, the McCartins, Rampe, Llyod , Ollie , Will Errol ….. they were all good ..,even Buddy and Reid. They all stood up. One of the better wins I have seen.Fox in particular had to have been his best game. Did everyone see the banner some fans had in the rooms after for Fox? A banner which read “The fantastic Mr Fox”.
    Last edited by Nolie; 19th July 2022 at 01:27 AM. Reason: Grammar correction