Page 29 of 30 FirstFirst ... 19252627282930 LastLast

Thread: Rd 18 vs Fremantle Dockers @ Optus Stadium

Suspended by the MRP
    Quote Originally Posted by Goal Sneak View Post
    I'd really like to know what happened to Bangalore Swans. I saw some comment that he had been banned/suspended. Does anyone know if he will be allowed back or has he just left the RWO community?
    I thought i was Bangalore swans !

Quote Originally Posted by TheBloods View Post
    Weren’t you?

Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    I've just got around to watching a replay of the second quarter. (The second half was dealt with yesterday - and again today!)

While Errol's kick to Hayward tight on the boundary has received much (deserved) gushing, and Hayward's conversion some admiration too, there was a goal assist (in reverse) that was just as impressive. It's at around 8 minutes left on the countdown clock in the second quarter, when Errol kicked that much needed goal to break the run of behinds. The kick, from Hayward, was a wonderful switch of angle from 40m or so away that pinpointed Gulden between two Freo defenders.

It's exactly the kind of kick I often beseech players to do in my muttered breath, rather than the predictable kick to the top of the goal square. We so often have a player stationed in space (far more space than Gulden was in) around 40m out on the fat side of the forward 50m but so often our players don't even swivel their heads and look.
    That was a fantastic kick and mark. Watching it live, I couldn’t believe how Errol marked it but the kick was just perfect!
    Our kicks aren’t usually anywhere this good, but it was an omen for the second half, where the team kicked more accurately to position than I’ve seen this year. Hope it continues!

Regular in the Side
    Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    I don't have the numbers in front of me now, but Dylan posted some of the best numbers on ground for distance, speed and sprints. He's working hard up and down the ground. His kicking can be sharp and penetrating; he does have a clanger here and there, but way better than he was going just a few weeks ago in the VFL. He should be able to get his kicking consistency back. In fact, it already seems to be coming back.
    The Telstra tracker had him at #1 across both teams for distance travelled at high speed (>18kph), i.e. gut running.
    For all bar one of the 7 games he has played this year he has been #1 in this stat (Gulden beat him in R15, but Stephens came in second).

For ALL Sydney games this year, the highest distance travelled at high speed have been: 3.5km Cotterill (Carl); 3.4km Stephens; 3.3km Langdon (Mel); 3.1km Stephens & Gulden
    A couple more years building his tank and he will be an absolute weapon. And to think a month ago I had given up on him in the VFL. Congratulations to him and the coaches.

Out of Bounds on the Full Goal Sneak's Avatar
    He seemed to genuinely idolise you, which is reason enough for most to be suspicious!

Regular in the Side
    Chad is on 48 for the yr , amazing
    And he is only 21! Dawson had his break-out year last year when he was 24. He had 25 votes for the whole year. Parker was our top scorer in 2021 with 58 votes. I wouldn't bet against Chad exceeding that tally very soon.

Reefer Madness
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Goal Sneak View Post
    I'd really like to know what happened to Bangalore Swans. I saw some comment that he had been banned/suspended. Does anyone know if he will be allowed back or has he just left the RWO community?
    Have we sent a search party down to Mimis or one of those fancy joints he seemed to relish to check he's not just on a bender?
    'Delicious' is a fun word to say

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by bandwagon View Post
    And he is only 21! Dawson had his break-out year last year when he was 24.
    I'd forgotten that Gulden was only 19 until recently - turned 20 yesterday. We're certainly blessed with young talent just now.

Out of Bounds on the Full Goal Sneak's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by i'm-uninformed2 View Post
    Have we sent a search party down to Mimis or one of those fancy joints he seemed to relish to check he's not just on a bender?
    Hahaha, maybe we should also check to see if there's been anyone lurking around the SCG, stalking the players, judging their training habits and making wild and hilarious assumptions!

Suspended by the MRP
    Quote Originally Posted by Agent 86 View Post
    Weren’t you?
    NO

And i never got my apology from anyone on here for taking the mickey out of me and thinking i was , just because someone else shared my opinion .

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by bandwagon View Post
    And he is only 21! Dawson had his break-out year last year when he was 24. He had 25 votes for the whole year. Parker was our top scorer in 2021 with 58 votes. I wouldn't bet against Chad exceeding that tally very soon.
    He will win a Brownlow and be top 3 player in the comp . Simple as that and when it happens dont forget who the first one to call it was

Reefer Madness
    Blog Entries
    NO

And i never got my apology from anyone on here for taking the mickey out of me and thinking i was , just because someone else shared my opinion .
    He was a bit fawning though. Did he hang around your front yard, pining for you to come outside and play? Is he still there? Can you give us an update on his whereabouts?
    'Delicious' is a fun word to say

NO

- - - Updated - - -

He will win a Brownlow and be top 3 player in the comp . Simple as that and when it happens dont forget who the first one to call it was
    Thanks for remembering me.