View Poll Results: Who is the 2022 AFL Recruit of the Year?

Voters
13. You may not vote on this poll
  • Jordan Dawson

1 7.69%
  • George Hewett

0 0%
  • Mabior Chol

0 0%
  • Tyson Stengle

1 7.69%
  • Will Brodie

1 7.69%
  • Paddy McCartin

9 69.23%
  • Other/Heeney is hot!

1 7.69%

Thread: Recruit of the year

Recruit of the year

A lot of clubs have recruited players (other than by drafting) in the last off-season and have been well rewarded. So, which player is the 'Recruit of the Year'?

I would think contenders include: Dawson at the Crows, Hewett at Carlton, Will Brodie at Freo, Tyson Stengle at Geelong, Mabior Chol at the Suns, and Paddy McCartin for us. That's quite a few success stories. Who have I missed?
    All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated, and well supported in logic and argument than others. -Douglas Adams, author (11 Mar 1952-2001)

Lipinski (Pies)
    Clark (Freo)
    Finlayson (Port)
    Cerra (Blues)
    Kelly (Bombers)

They're all decent recruits but would you suggest any of them are recruit of the year?

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by bloodspirit View Post
    They're all decent recruits but would you suggest any of them are recruit of the year?
    I would say that the players you have in your poll list are ahead of that group for this award.

I went for Tyson Stengle.....sorry Paddy, you're a close second.

Veterans List
    Dawson, we'd be locked into a battle for top place is he hadn't left. Will win the B&F at the Cows despite being used incorrectly, the only recruit to win a B&F this year.

Out of Bounds on the Full Goal Sneak's Avatar
    Paddy could be justified on his form and importance to the side alone. Combine that success with his history and the gamble the Swans took on him makes him the stand-out for me.

Senior Player
    Paddy and Stengle are above the rest for return over what it cost the team to bring them in.

Paddy was a free delisted player that cost us the minimum of a roster spot and low salary.

Dawson will cost the Crows $600K and the loss of Ladhams and the gain of a four draft positions so isn’t even close to consideration if you factor in the cost.

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by Maltopia View Post
    Paddy and Stengle are above the rest for return over what it cost the team to bring them in.

Paddy was a free delisted player that cost us the minimum of a roster spot and low salary.

Dawson will cost the Crows $600K and the loss of Ladhams and the gain of a four draft positions so isn’t even close to consideration if you factor in the cost.
    They lost a first round pick (Melbourne's). The other stuff came from/went to Port.