Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Thread: Rnd 19 - vs Adelaide Crows at the SCG on Saturday at 1:45 PM, 23 July,

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by 707 View Post
    Harry was sub last week? Will need a run in the VFL.

Has Gus been so outstanding in the VFL that he's earned a recall?
    He was very good last week. But he's in the early stages of a return from a long injury lay-off. There is close to zero chance of him playing seniors this week, and probably not much chance for the rest of this season unless we have injuries or a COVID run. Even if he does force his way back in, it's likely to be in the same pressure forward role that he performed modestly (but encouragingly) in his only two senior games so far.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by gloveski View Post
    I think it’s a long overdue call by the AFL . Someone is going to get seriously injured with the current practice. Gulden does it as well as anyone and I cringe every time he does it .
    No surprise Beveridge has had a squeal about this....might mean his team, in particular Punchable Face (aka Cody Weightman), gets less frees/charity. Geeze he's a sook.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Goal Sneak View Post
    A lot of players raise their arms if they're going to be tackled to ensure their arms are free. The intention is to take the tackle, commit a defender and still be able to get a handball away. I don't see anything wrong with this approach. Defenders are trying to pin their arms so a player with the ball has every right to try and avoid that.
    It's the players who have a premeditated tactic to drop as soon as they're touched that frustrate me. I agree with Nico that certain players look for a free first rather than taking an option with a teammate that is available. This is not in the spirit of the game and should be penalised. The issue here is that there's so much open to interpretation for the umps, it's inevitably going to lead to inconsistent calls.
    So now it's up to the umpires to correctly adjudicate that yes.....so I won't be holding my breath for anything to improve. It will still be judged according to which teams are playing, ie: badly.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBloods View Post
    We need to bring Gus and Joey back in but might be better to do one at a time , dont want mass changes to a winning side .

Gus in this week , Joey gets another run in the 2s to come back next week . Harry sub
    Who's out for Gus?

Out of Bounds on the Full Goal Sneak's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by stevoswan View Post
    So now it's up to the umpires to correctly adjudicate that yes.....so I won't be holding my breath for anything to improve. It will still be judged according to which teams are playing, ie: badly.
    Yes, relying on the umps to get it right is a bit of a crapshoot. I'm hoping all the negative attention around the issue will help in stopping players from doing it (intentionally) on a regular basis. Being labeled a "diver" is not in any players interest and the biggest deterrent at this point.

On the veteran's list
    No change

Emerg: Wicks, Kennedy. McDonald, Gould
    Those who have the greatest power to hurt us are those we love.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by The Big Cat View Post
    No change

Good, great win last week. Harry to the VFL for a run

I do like an unchanged side.

Quote Originally Posted by The Big Cat View Post
    No change

What! No Gus ... not even as Emergency. The Bloods will be gutted.

Quote Originally Posted by Aprilbr View Post
    What! No Gus ... not even as Emergency. The Bloods will be gutted.
    Steady on! Don’t start on TB just yet- he is still totally enthralled with Chad, but won’t be long before Gus (the Wombat) will be challenging and then we’ll all be in for it!😊

Don Pyke was on an Adelaide SEN program and had some positive things to say about Will Gould. He lacked consistency in the past, but has improved this year and is not far off selection. Just waiting for an injury to a key defender. Gould part starts around 5:45,

https://player.whooshkaa.com/episode?id=1022693

I'm guessing that Wicks will be the sub, but Gould would be an interesting selection.

Suspended by the MRP
    Quote Originally Posted by Roadrunner View Post
    Steady on! Don’t start on TB just yet- he is still totally enthralled with Chad, but won’t be long before Gus (the Wombat) will be challenging and then we’ll all be in for it!😊
    No chance . He isnt on Chads level but he is a good young player and we need what he brings in the team , nothing more . Hopefully next week

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    Don Pyke was on an Adelaide SEN program and had some positive things to say about Will Gould. He lacked consistency in the past, but has improved this year and is not far off selection. Just waiting for an injury to a key defender. Gould part starts around 5:45,

https://player.whooshkaa.com/episode?id=1022693

I'm guessing that Wicks will be the sub, but Gould would be an interesting selection.
    He has improved a lot . Not sold on him

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast