Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Rnd 19 - vs Adelaide Crows at the SCG on Saturday at 1:45 PM, 23 July,

Senior Player

Rnd 19 - vs Adelaide Crows at the SCG on Saturday at 1:45 PM, 23 July,

Adelaide have been improving recently and Taylor has been one of their best players.

Hope we don’t take them for granted and can gain some valuable percentage.

Hard to drop anyone from the winning side, but Almartey didn’t play a lot. Clarke looked a bit fumbly at times though did his bit tagging Clark.

I think the Match Committee will also look at putting in Kennedy as the sub as he did well in the reserves.

Unlucky for Cunningham who was starting 22 but doesn’t have a spot in the team with Fox and Florent playing so well in defence.

Rampe played well too so despite Gould being good in the reserves, he won’t get a call up.

Ins: McDonald
    Out: Almartey
    Medical sub: Cunningham or Kennedy

I would hate to drop anyone, but would really like to give Gould his first game. He's played so well and Adelaide have 3 big forwards in Taylor, Thilthorpe and Fogarty, so the extra big defender shouldn't go to waste. Since I can't find a defender to drop, poor Clarke is the only name that pops up to go out of he side, barring injuries. We would have to do a bit of repositioning though. Lloyd, Blakey or Fox could go on the wing or half forward. We have some flexibility here. Stephens would also be better positioned more on the wing in the midfield and half forward. I don't think Adelaide have a rebounding defender that needs a hard tag, but we can adjust during the game.

My main point is to get Gould a game because he's played so well in the VFL and has looked ready to step up to the next level. Adelaide seem a good game to try him out. .

I would keep Amartey in the side, and if anything replace Buddy with McDonald, if we want to make a change up forward. But I'm fine standing pat on that one for at least another week. I would like to see Amartey and McDonald in the same side sometime in the next several games.

I agree that any changes will be minimal. I don't see any point in bringing in Kennedy to play as a Sub. We would be better playing him in another Reserves game to give him more playing time. Our Reserves play Frankston at the Tramway Oval prior to the big game so let him play there. Assuming we have no injuries, I can see no changes this week to be honest.

On the veteran's list
    McDonald for Amartey, Sheldrick for Clarke.

Suspended by the MRP
    Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    I would hate to drop anyone, but would really like to give Gould his first game. He's played so well and Adelaide have 3 big forwards in Taylor, Thilthorpe and Fogarty, so the extra big defender shouldn't go to waste. Since I can't find a defender to drop, poor Clarke is the only name that pops up to go out of he side, barring injuries. We would have to do a bit of repositioning though. Lloyd, Blakey or Fox could go on the wing or half forward. We have some flexibility here. Stephens would also be better positioned more on the wing in the midfield and half forward. I don't think Adelaide have a rebounding defender that needs a hard tag, but we can adjust during the game.

My main point is to get Gould a game because he's played so well in the VFL and has looked ready to step up to the next level. Adelaide seem a good game to try him out. .

I would keep Amartey in the side, and if anything replace Buddy with McDonald, if we want to make a change up forward. But I'm fine standing pat on that one for at least another week. I would like to see Amartey and McDonald in the same side sometime in the next several games.
    Wrong. You dont gift games , especially if doing so will stuff with the team unity thats worked over the last month !

No changes unless Gus and Joey are ready

I don’t know who you drop after that performance, particularly in defence. I’d love to see Gould get a game but don’t think restructuring our defence is the way to do it.

Surely Clarke stays in? He’s given a defender to shut down each week and did a great job on Clark (or are the e-s the other way around?)

I think they’ll be wanting to finalise the 22 for finals during the remaining games.

So, the only tinkering I can see is in the rucks and KPF combination, I wonder if they’ll give Buddy a week off somewhere to freshen up. And then we might get to see the Jogan combo

Senior Player
    Whilst I think Franklin could have a rest as a 35 yr old player, we are in the midst of a contract extension with him, where the club wants to come across as sincere and respectful. Resting him, despite what words we are used to say it is unrelated, could be misread by his camp as a contract negotiation tactic. Unless he is asking for a rest, or is clearly not performing, I don't think they will rest him. In the Fremantle game, Logue clearly infringed him many times without it being called, including just throwing him to the ground leading up to a marking contest. He could have easily had a couple more shots at goal and scored 3 or more goals and we would all be saying what a great game he had.

Quote Originally Posted by Maltopia View Post
    Adelaide have been improving recently and Taylor has been one of their best players.

Hope we don’t take them for granted and can gain some valuable percentage.

Hard to drop anyone from the winning side, but Almartey didn’t play a lot. Clarke looked a bit fumbly at times though did his bit tagging Clark.
    Tex is looking strong. Thilthorpe is gonna be some player - but I struggle to say his name with my lisp. Their forward line has found some form and capable of doing some damage. We’re gonna need to choke them out of it.

We were all a bit fumbly earlier in the game. A lot of nerves, I think, as it was obviously a huge game. I was impressed how we managed to find composure. That Buddy kick on half time was a critical moment - one brought about by the frustration induced by Clarke.

Reefer Madness
    Blog Entries
    Who’s gonna make life miserable for and smash The Rat
    'Delicious' is a fun word to say

Quote Originally Posted by i'm-uninformed2 View Post
    I think Clarke may go to him? Clarke seems to do these shoutdown roles pretty well.

Team instructions will be to make sure he knows he is playing his old team every time he goes near the ball. It won't be a warm welcome!

Goes up to 11
    Quote Originally Posted by i'm-uninformed2 View Post
    Clarke 100% - another forward tag coming up.....

recruit me pretty please! Cosmic Wizard's Avatar
    Lets keep Amartey and Clarke; nothing worse than cutting players who are in a winning team.

Amartey kick two goals and ran a lot to tackle: drop Buddy for MacDonald if need be.

Clarke can go to Rory Laird; he is in amazing form.

Put Gould as the Med Sub, and drop Cunningham.

Adelaide cannot not be taken lightly; teams who can't make the finals just turn up to knock off top eight teams.

We really need Percentage, as all of the final teams are so close on points together.

Percentage may separate a double chance from the also ran.
    doof-doof

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast