Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910

Thread: Round 19: the other games. And then there were...err...14?

Quote Originally Posted by i'm-uninformed2 View Post
    The bigger issue is Harrison Jones should have been walked to the square under a 50 against Nathan Murphy kicking the ball away after the free was awarded.
    Or he could have kicked the goal from about 35m out directly in front

Quote Originally Posted by Markwebbos View Post
    Or he could have kicked the goal from about 35m out directly in front
    Yep. It burns that they didn't miss against us (15.5).

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Agent 86 View Post
    Stringer having a Barry Crocker. Single handedly giving Collingwood the momentum back. But Pies have to lose one of these close ones soon?
    Nope, have a soft draw this year, now won FIVE games by under a goal, EIGHT by under two goals. Percentage of 106 tells the tale. Could easily be 11th/12th.

A number of 8 point games next week. We have our destiny in our own hands, win all four and we could be second! All finals permutations are possible for about 8/9 teams.

That Essendon loss will haunt us, as will one bad quarter against Port and Carlton.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by stevoswan View Post
    Another screamer from the Giants/Blues game, this time Saad.
    To his credit, Greene managed to land cleanly on his opponent's shoulder rather than kneeing him in the back of the head, so he wins it for me.

Veterans List
    Interesting comments by Dangerfield today on SEN. Asked about his own form he said it is not that easy coming back from a layoff. People think one good game and your back, but that's not the case. Can take a number of games to get back into the groove.

He also said he thought the 6/6/6 rule is the best rule introduced in recent times, and now the centre clearance has become so important and it now very hard to arrest a run on by sides when they are winning the centre clearance. He said it is not easy to reverse a run on and referenced Port Adelaide's third quarter.

We certainly haven't got this part of game in order. We were great in the first quarter but lost the centre clearances from then on that let Adelaide back into the game. It looked like we went defensive at the centre bounces. Surely the coaches must know this is our big weakness.

Oh how I would have loved to watch Goodes under the 6x6x6 rule in his prime years at centre bounces …

Suspended by the MRP
    Parker doesnt get enough credit , he is our #1 centre clearance player this yr . All the hype goes to Chad and Mills understandably but Parker always holds up his end of the bargain at centre bounces !

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by dejavoodoo44 View Post
    Good, I'm glad I'm not the only that noticed he was gone.
    Can you believe this morning I turned on SEN and Razor was on. He confirmed that he is injured.

It is actually an interesting segment because he discusses incidents from the round. They were talking about the 30 second shot clock and he said that the emergency umpire counts down the 30 seconds and the field umpire can hear it in their ear piece. This way the field umpire can concentrate on umpiring.

Quote Originally Posted by Mel_C View Post
    Can you believe this morning I turned on SEN and Razor was on. He confirmed that he is injured.

It is actually an interesting segment because he discusses incidents from the round. They were talking about the 30 second shot clock and he said that the emergency umpire counts down the 30 seconds and the field umpire can hear it in their ear piece. This way the field umpire can concentrate on umpiring.
    If it's a regular spot, perhaps they should call it; The Little Ray of Sunshine.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by dejavoodoo44 View Post
    If it's a regular spot, perhaps they should call it; The Little Ray of Sunshine.
    Is this because Sunshine is the epicentre of the Fairy puppies supporterland and if so well played Sir 👏🏻

Quote Originally Posted by Faunac8 View Post
    Is this because Sunshine is the epicentre of the Fairy puppies supporterland and if so well played Sir 👏🏻
    An egocentric part of my brain wants to say, 'yes, yes it is'. But no, it's more a combination of a remembered reaction, of me yelling after he'd given a soft free, "Oh great, you really are a little ray of sunshine!" and the fact that I think that it'd be a wonderfully awful title for a regular breakfast radio segment.

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910