Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Sydney Swans media thread - interesting articles, vids of key moments

Out of Bounds on the Full Goal Sneak's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Meg View Post
    I think (not sure) ‘limited’ means a limited number of articles, not a limited selection. So worth trying.

The same article is in the SMH if you can access that.

And if you are really desperate, you could read much the same in the Daily Mail.
    Big thanks to Meg and RogueSwan, very helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by neilfws View Post
    Just started reading this. It's long, detailed and looks interesting.

Blood brothers: Inside Sydney’s culture of success
    Great read. Long but well worth it for the insight it gives you into the Bloods culture.
    Last edited by cruiser; 1st September 2022 at 09:07 PM. Reason: Typo

Buddy Franklin, ‘will he won’t he’ story.

“Nobody really knows what the 35-year-old, an intensely private man at the best of times, is thinking, except for those in his innermost circle. For their part, those on the periphery can’t understand why he’d want to retire when he’s so close to a third AFL premiership - much closer than he would be if, as some have reported, he seeks a move to the Brisbane Lions to be closer to his wife’s family.”

https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl/...01-p5bemd.html

Senior Player
    To address TheBloods’ complaints about there being too many Chad articles, AFL.com.au put out a Hayward article

Where there's a Will: Dependable Sydney Swan Will Hayward hits career-best form

Senior Player
    Not sure if this should be here or in the QF preview thread.

It's the writing talents of Joe Moore and the analysis talents of Cody and Sean from the ABC, together at last!

Qualifying Final Preview: Sydney Swans v Melbourne Demons

Senior Player
    Heeney on a podcast that is on Swans website

Cooke bringing the positive vibes with new podcast

Senior Player

Hi, I'm not sure if this is the right place for this....but I hear that the new broadcast deal will not include live free to air coverage in NSW. An article in the SMH this afternoon is saying that C7 will only broadcast into Sydney with a delayed feed.

This is a terrible result for Swans supporters....

They will be forced to get Foxtel....can anybody confirm this? My elderly mother will be devastated, football is a major part of her entertainment.

All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated, and well supported in logic and argument than others. -Douglas Adams, author (11 Mar 1952-2001)

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Daisi View Post
    Hi, I'm not sure if this is the right place for this....but I hear that the new broadcast deal will not include live free to air coverage in NSW. An article in the SMH this afternoon is saying that C7 will only broadcast into Sydney with a delayed feed.

This is a terrible result for Swans supporters....

They will be forced to get Foxtel....can anybody confirm this? My elderly mother will be devastated, football is a major part of her entertainment.
    If the AFL are serious about this being a 'national' competition (and we know they're not), they should make it a requirement that Seven televise live in every state they serve. If Seven won't....then talk to Ten and Nine.

Regular in the Side
    I can't recall who pointed me in the direction of the 'True Bloods' podcast - but thanks! It's not cutting edge journalism, but a welcome addition for anyone happy to listen to 100% Swans focused chat. Personally this time of year I can't get enough Swans media - I could watch Will Hayward mowing his lawn if he live-streamed it.

Coffs Harbour - home of Swans summer camp
    Quote Originally Posted by bandwagon View Post
    ... I could watch Will Hayward mowing his lawn if he live-streamed it.
    Because you know it would be clean and tidy, just like his hands in a marking contest.
    "Fortunately, this is the internet, so knowing nothing is no obstacle to having an opinion!." Beerman 18-07-2017

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast