Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789

Thread: Sydney Swans media thread - interesting articles, vids of key moments

Senior Player
    ‘There haven’t been many Lance Franklins’: Post-Buddy Swans primed to kick on

Some interesting thoughts from Tom Harley on the Sydney market.

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
    Clayton Oliver details pre-draft meeting with Swans Some insights into how Kinnear Beatson works.
    I read that before and I have to be honest I wasn't impressed. Insulting and disrespectful and very unprofessional. From a guy that didn't play at any decent level and is actually quite fat himself.

I don't think that's big or clever at all from Kinnear at all and surely it doesn't reflect on our values of respect and how we treat our players and staff.

Now before I get called soft and woke there's no problem at all asking hard and tough interview questions but insulting and belittling a young man when you are in a position of power? Not cool at all.

Senior Player
    Good Swans history article with lots of details about the difficult early days:

The first step of Swans’ 40-year journey from outhouse to penthouse

Senior Player
    VIC media pundits may have no interest in the Swans' successful season start, but we can rely on the ABC analysts for some interesting content:

The keys to the Sydney Swans' mid-season AFL favouritism

Quote Originally Posted by neilfws View Post
    VIC media pundits may have no interest in the Swans' successful season start, but we can rely on the ABC analysts for some interesting content:

The keys to the Sydney Swans' mid-season AFL favouritism
    Good article. I like how they stress how varied our attack is. I also like that they think Blakey is a lock for the All Australian team, both due to his attacking flair and his often overlooked defensive skills.

Ego alta, ergo ictus Ruck'n'Roll's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by troyjones2525 View Post
    Kinnear on the True Bloods podcast was fantastic listening. It's great to actually hear him answer questions from media people who are club supporters instead of the usual generic stuff from the general media. I recommend all on here to give it a listen!
    I too enjoyed the interview with Kinnear - so I gave this weeks True Bloods podcast. What a different kettle of fish without Kinnear to provide some worthwhile content. I got 6 minutes in then gave up - life is too short to listen to such semi-sentient witterings. First came the pronouncement that Footy Classified isn't available in Sydney, then the misinterpretation of the interview with Horse. Memo boys, real media, independant media ask actual questions, they don't simply fawningly piss in the interviewees pocket. It was like ground zero for the detonation of a 10 killoton stupid bomb.
    Last edited by Ruck'n'Roll; 11th June 2024 at 04:01 PM.
    Loose translation from the Latin is - I am tall, so I hit out.

Senior Player
    Maybe the footy media have realised that their dearth of articles about the best team in the comp is getting a bit embarrassing and are now over-compensating!

Swans hit dizzying AFL heights in their best start to a season since 1935
    Swans in midst of once-in-100-year storm to further flag credentials (match report)
    How a ‘hot’ midfield and smart recruiting have made the Swans untouchable
    The Swans have the AFL’s best midfield, and this man might be the best kick in the comp (part of a weekend roundup)

Opti-pessi-misti
    Not sure where this should be posted but here might do. I saw the article on Afl.com with Dusty Martin sitting in front of a statue surrounded by Richmond players who had played 300 games or more. There were 6 of them including Dusty, Trent Cotchin and Jack Riewoldt, plus Jack Dyer, the statue.

It led me to check out the Swans players who have so far managed to reach that great milestone. That there have been so few has made me realise just what an amazing feat it is to do that.

Way ahead on our list of 4 is Goodsey 372, Jude 325, Jarrod McVeigh 325 and Mickey O, 303. Ryan O'Keefe 286 Parksey 283 and Josh Kennedy 277 are the next closest. The only others above 250 games have been Heath Grundy, Kieran Jack, Jake Rantel and Mark Browning. Of our current players Ramps is 239, Jake Lloyd 235 and Harry 196.

It will be so sad if Parksey, as with Ryan O'Keefe, doesn't quite make it! His injury and then suspension has made it impossible for him this year and it might be more difficult to get games next year. (I can't remember if he is on a 1 or 2 year contract.)

We are then going to have to wait for a long time for Heeney and the other players with long term contracts and remain relatively injury free to reach that exalted place in the history of the club!

Aut vincere aut mori Thunder Shaker's Avatar
    My secret laboratory in the suburbs of Melbourne
    "Unbelievable!" -- Nick Davis leaves his mark on the 2005 semi final

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789