Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Rnd 20, vs GWS at the SCG, on Saturday 30 July, 2:10 PM

Senior Player

Rnd 20, vs GWS at the SCG, on Saturday 30 July, 2:10 PM

A must win game for our top four or even top two aspirations!

We play after the Dockers/Demons game and the Pies/Port game so we could be playing for fourth spot (at the end of this round) if Freo and the Pies both lose.

Toby Greene has been on fire for them, and is one of the most impactful players in the competition. But Tom Green was dropped for round 19 due to poor form.

They seem to defend well against Buddy, with him being well held by Phil Davis in the past, and Sam Taylor more recently. Taylor is one of the best tall defenders going around at the moment.

Hard to put anyone out of the winning team, but Hickey is playing injured and only attended 50% of the CBA against Adelaide. JPK had 37 disposals in the VFL.

I would be ok JPK being the medical sub, and either the team remaining otherwise unchanged, or Cunningham coming in for JMac (TheBloods will say this is a rubbish suggestion!) for him to have a run in the twos with his up and down form. Then again, JMac might find his form like Florent did after a couple of crappy games mid-season.

I was critical of McInerney in the first half against Adelaide but think he worked into the game well in the 2nd half. He’s not at his peak but worth persisting with IMO.

I think Hickey needs a rest. He needs to get himself right before the finals.

Veterans List
    No unforced changes unless it is for specific match up needs.

Absolutely we have our destiny in our own hands, win four and could end up second.

Regular in the Side
    kennedy for McInnerny ( struggling) McInerney to ms for wocks

Quote Originally Posted by lwjoyner View Post
    kennedy for McInnerny ( struggling) McInerney to ms for wocks
    No- Joey med sub and JMac stays. He is needed for the finals and will regain form. As for “wocks”, keep him company with Wicks in the twos!😊

Reefer Madness
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by AB Swannie View Post
    I was critical of McInerney in the first half against Adelaide but think he worked into the game well in the 2nd half. He’s not at his peak but worth persisting with IMO.

I think Hickey needs a rest. He needs to get himself right before the finals.
    I think the hard thing to know with Hickey is whether he has an injury, or he needs match conditioning - given he's been in and out all year - that best comes from playing seniors. (I get he could play ressies too but with Ladhams out, not really an option for as good a job as Sam and Amarty do pinch hitting, I wouldn't want them as lead rucks).
    'Delicious' is a fun word to say

On the veteran's list
    Campbell for Clarke, McDonald for Amartey, Kennedy sub. That gives us the best team our list has to offer (given Naismith is not ready)
    Those who have the greatest power to hurt us are those we love.

The Swans team for Round 19 had 7 changes from Round I

INS: Fox, Lloyd, Warner, Clarke, Reid, Amarty, Papley

OUTS: Cunningham, Campbell, Sheldrick, Kennedy, McDonald, McLean, Wicks

Almost certainly a stronger team now, than then, with Lloyd, Warner and Papley unavailable through injury. Only Hickey seems a possible injury from Round 19.

GWS have 10 changes, with at least 2 players "managed" this weekend presumably to freshen them for Round 20. I have an aversion to following GW$, so I know not whether their team has improved. Not sure whether the coach change is a +ve or -ve!

INS: Peatling, Adam Kennedy, Haynes, Briggs, Greene, Preuss, Callum Brown, Sproule, Bruhn, Wehr

OUTS: Davis, Whitfield, Hill, Flynn, Brandon, Perryman, Green, De Boer, Kelly, Idun

Suspended by the MRP
    Quote Originally Posted by Maltopia View Post
    I would be ok JPK being the medical sub, and either the team remaining otherwise unchanged, or Cunningham coming in for JMac (TheBloods will say this is a rubbish suggestion!) for him to have a run in the twos with his up and down form.
    Your right that is a rubbish suggestion

Quote Originally Posted by i'm-uninformed2 View Post
    I think the hard thing to know with Hickey is whether he has an injury, or he needs match conditioning - given he's been in and out all year - that best comes from playing seniors. (I get he could play ressies too but with Ladhams out, not really an option for as good a job as Sam and Amarty do pinch hitting, I wouldn't want them as lead rucks).
    Pretty sure Horse mentioned in his post-game presser that Hickey is struggling with a few niggles including his foot and ankle.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by AB Swannie View Post
    Pretty sure Horse mentioned in his post-game presser that Hickey is struggling with a few niggles including his foot and ankle.
    Yep, watching him on Saturday, he was not moving easily. He could not run freely.

Out of Bounds on the Full Goal Sneak's Avatar
    I get why people are suggesting JPK as the sub but I'm not sure sitting a game out at this point of time is the best for him.

Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast