Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Round 20: the other games. Almost all of them are relevant.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Agent 86 View Post
    Hmmm… something about counting chickens…
    Every time we have had a chance to take fourth this year, we have faltered :/

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by bandwagon View Post
    Sandridge - I am shocked! You had always come across as a supporter who could counted on to responsibly and diligently detest the most loathsome clubs, so how can you be ambivalent about a match involving the Eagles? Remember this corporate entity turned a blind eye to rampant drug use so they could steal a flag off us, plus their fans are amongst the most moronic, one-eyed flogs (boooooo!!!). So clearly - Go the Gold Coast!
    I don't especially hate West Coast either. I know their fans, on mass, are annoying at Optus, but I had some good experiences with individual fans in 2005/6. Plus I've had three really good friends who were from Perth and fanatical Eagles fans, plus a couple of work colleagues (one I got on with well and I can kind of credit for getting me into AFL, and another who was, admittedly, kinda annoying).

Senior Player
    After the 2005 GF we were on the train back to Elsternwick where we were staying and on it were two Eagles fans from Perth who
    realised after we told them that they were on a train going away from the city when they actually wanted to go to the city.
    Why they didn't just walk is unknown to me. Anyway, despite having travelled 3000 miles at a decent expense to watch their
    team lose by four points in a GF they just burst out laughing when we told them of the direction the train was going. It was a
    great reaction considering all that had just happened for them. So yeah, I don't think all Eagles fans are bad.

Port up against the Pies but I can predict how that will finish!

Hoping Port can beat Pies with a comeback / goal after the siren

Outer wing, Lake Oval Sandridge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Markwebbos View Post
    Hoping Port can beat Pies with a comeback / goal after the siren
    Bloody Collingwood! Sheesh!

Veterans List
    Seriously, the Pies have to be finals pretenders. Can't put teams away but keep winning. We must bring them back down to earth when we play them. @@@@ them!

Quote Originally Posted by Sandridge View Post
    Bloody Collingwood! Sheesh!
    Although the good news is that Port are almost certainly gone.

Quote Originally Posted by Markwebbos View Post
    Port up against the Pies but I can predict how that will finish!
    Yep. They’re blessed. Must be rare for a team to be sitting 3rd at round 20 with a percentage of 106.

Reefer Madness
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Agent 86 View Post
    Yep. They’re blessed. Must be rare for a team to be sitting 3rd at round 20 with a percentage of 106.
    Collingwood remind me of us last year, being a year or two ahead of their natural trajectory and winning a lot of close ones (which we did, though not to their extent). I reckon the big doubt on them come finals time though is their lack of quality talls forward. It matters in finals.
    'Delicious' is a fun word to say

Veterans List
    While I don't totally disagree with him saying it, Swans fans should see the obviously unintentional hypocrisy of Craig McCrae saying "maybe it's about time we give the kid a break" in regard to the negative press towards Ginnivan's staging and his admission that the negative headlines have taken a toll on his mental health. I seem to remember another supposed stager being booed out of the game with no care at all for his mental health. Relentlessly, week after week....despite repeated McCrae like calls.

I've always wondered why these repeat stagers like Ginnivan and Weightman aren't being booed.....relentlessly. Can't put my finger on it.

Very annoying....

Reefer Madness
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by stevoswan View Post
    While I don't totally disagree with him saying it, Swans fans should see the obviously unintentional hypocrisy of Craig McCrae saying "maybe it's about time we give the kid a break" in regard to the negative press towards Ginnivan's staging and his admission that the negative headlines have taken a toll on his mental health. I seem to remember another supposed stager being booed out of the game with no care at all for his mental health. Relentlessly, week after week....despite repeated McCrae like calls.

I've always wondered why these repeat stagers like Ginnivan and Weightman aren't being booed.....relentlessly. Can't put my finger on it.

Very annoying....
    Yep. Yep. And yep.
    'Delicious' is a fun word to say

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast