Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Round 20: the other games. Almost all of them are relevant.

Aut vincere aut mori Thunder Shaker's Avatar
    My secret laboratory in the suburbs of Melbourne
    Quote Originally Posted by Agent 86 View Post
    Yep. They’re blessed. Must be rare for a team to be sitting 3rd at round 20 with a percentage of 106.
    Collingwood will be found out over the next three weeks: they play Melbourne, Sydney and Carlton.
    "Unbelievable!" -- Nick Davis leaves his mark on the 2005 semi final

Senior Player
    Unless it's an act of thuggery I don't see much point in booing anymore, particularly targeted booing. It's probably reasonable for coaches to stick up for their players and provide a level of protection. If Ginnivan is doing this intentionally eventually the umpires will wake up to it and hopefully that should put an end to it.
    On a side note, back in the 2000s we were watching a Swans - Brisbane game at the SCG and possibly being a bit vocal and emotional during play. The Brisbane couple in front of us turned around and said they didn't mind us yelling out, bagging the opposition etc, as long as we left number 4 alone, for he was their son. Number 4 of course was Craig Macrae. Perhaps he's learned these conventions of civility from his parents.
    It's very hard to live in a studio apartment in San Jose with a man who's learning to play violin. That's what she told the police when she handed them the empty revolver.
    The Scarlatti Tilt - Richard Brautigan

Quote Originally Posted by Thunder Shaker View Post
    Collingwood will be found out over the next three weeks: they play Melbourne, Sydney and Carlton.
    Hope so. Or else we’ll find out how good they are.

Geelong under pressure vs puppies. That’d be a shock that would blow the top 4 wide open.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent 86 View Post
    Hope so. Or else we’ll find out how good they are.

Geelong under pressure vs puppies. That’d be a shock that would blow the top 4 wide open.
    Plant a tree at centre half forward. That will help the Cats to get away from the Dogs.

Outer wing, Lake Oval Sandridge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by stevoswan View Post
    While I don't totally disagree with him saying it, Swans fans should see the obviously unintentional hypocrisy of Craig McCrae saying "maybe it's about time we give the kid a break" in regard to the negative press towards Ginnivan's staging and his admission that the negative headlines have taken a toll on his mental health. I seem to remember another supposed stager being booed out of the game with no care at all for his mental health. Relentlessly, week after week....despite repeated McCrae like calls.

I've always wondered why these repeat stagers like Ginnivan and Weightman aren't being booed.....relentlessly. Can't put my finger on it.

Very annoying....
    Well said stevo!

Quote Originally Posted by Sandridge View Post
    Well said stevo!
    Yes.

Plant a tree at centre half forward. That will help the Cats to get away from the Dogs.
    Sounds like a long term plan, but I like it.

How about how to get the Crows home?

Outer wing, Lake Oval Sandridge's Avatar
    Seems to be working. 5 unanswered goals to the Cats so far in the 3rd.

I know i should be barracking for the Poodles so that we have a chance of surpassing the Cats on the ladder but I can't. I just can't. Hope the Cats put the Poodles finals chances to sleep!

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by snajik View Post
    Unless it's an act of thuggery I don't see much point in booing anymore, particularly targeted booing. It's probably reasonable for coaches to stick up for their players and provide a level of protection. If Ginnivan is doing this intentionally eventually the umpires will wake up to it and hopefully that should put an end to it.
    On a side note, back in the 2000s we were watching a Swans - Brisbane game at the SCG and possibly being a bit vocal and emotional during play. The Brisbane couple in front of us turned around and said they didn't mind us yelling out, bagging the opposition etc, as long as we left number 4 alone, for he was their son. Number 4 of course was Craig Macrae. Perhaps he's learned these conventions of civility from his parents.
    Good post.....I don't want them booed either, I was just pointing out the hypocrisy of crowds re: Adam. I probably misworded my post a bit with McCrae on the 'hypocrisy' jibe, it's more the fans and I back him protecting his young player. He's a nice bloke is Craig.

Quote Originally Posted by Sandridge View Post
    Seems to be working. 5 unanswered goals to the Cats so far in the 3rd.

I know i should be barracking for the Poodles so that we have a chance of surpassing the Cats on the ladder but I can't. I just can't. Hope the Cats put the Poodles finals chances to sleep!
    It worked very well ... eight goals to none in the third quarter, and the Cats have kicked 10 of the last 11 goals in the game.

Cats to beat Dogs, Tigers to beat Lions would be just about perfect

- - - Updated - - -

Don’t mind Crows beating Blues either. It would be hilarious if the Saints made finals and not Tigers or Dogs

Veterans List
    On tonight's game, great to see the Cats kick into gear and smash the Dogs in the third quarter, although to be fair it was the second quarter where they steadied the ship after the Dogs fast start.

Kill them off now.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast