Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Round 20: the other games. Almost all of them are relevant.

Veterans List
    Just noticed there is another game on and an upset looms. Crows 10 points up on the Blues early last term.

Outer wing, Lake Oval Sandridge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by stevoswan View Post
    On tonight's game, great to see the Cats kick into gear and smash the Dogs in the third quarter, although to be fair it was the second quarter where they steadied the ship after the Dogs fast start.

Kill them off now.
    Poodles have been euthanized. It's be lovely if the Crows can hold on against Carlton!

Outer wing, Lake Oval Sandridge's Avatar
    Goodness me! The Poodles have been pinged for dropping the ball TWICE in the last quarter!!

Still won the free kick count 16 to 10, though.

C'mon Crows!! Beat those vultures!!

Quote Originally Posted by Sandridge View Post
    Goodness me! The Poodles have been pinged for dropping the ball TWICE in the last quarter!!

Still won the free kick count 16 to 10, though.

C'mon Crows!! Beat those vultures!!
    Crows worked hard and deserved that win. Pretty impressive for a bottom 4 team & they’re clearly better than that ladder position suggests. They pushed us last week (well, after we’d kicked 10 goals) & I’m feeling better about that following this win.

Carlton have tough run home and might be feeling a little bit nervous at the moment. Could they lose all 3?

Quote Originally Posted by Agent 86 View Post
    Crows worked hard and deserved that win. Pretty impressive for a bottom 4 team & they’re clearly better than that ladder position suggests. They pushed us last week (well, after we’d kicked 10 goals) & I’m feeling better about that following this win.

Carlton have tough run home and might be feeling a little bit nervous at the moment. Could they lose all 3?
    I didn't see any of the game, but I did enjoy the result. Carlton missing the finals would be a fun outcome: as long as it didn't result in the Bulldogs making it.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by stevoswan View Post
    Good post.....I don't want them booed either, I was just pointing out the hypocrisy of crowds re: Adam. I probably misworded my post a bit with McCrae on the 'hypocrisy' jibe, it's more the fans and I back him protecting his young player. He's a nice bloke is Craig.
    No, I understood your point Stevo, but yes probably more to do with the crowds than its current coach.
    It's weird to say this, but I feel that I'm finding Collingwood less repulsive these days with Craig Macrae at the helm and Maguire consigned to the dustbin. I'm sure though things will revert to a more traditional pattern in two weeks' time when we face off at the SCG, or when they start playing finals again.
    It's very hard to live in a studio apartment in San Jose with a man who's learning to play violin. That's what she told the police when she handed them the empty revolver.
    The Scarlatti Tilt - Richard Brautigan

Veterans List
    Carlton reverting to type? Brisbane at the Gabba, Dees, lose those two and it's final round against the Pies for Blues to scramble into the finals. What a game that would be!

And I'm like others, Buckley and Maguire gone and the Pies seem acceptable - in a way! Can't believe they keep winning games by a goal or less, it's nutso stuff.

Must say whilst it was great to give GWS a rogering yesterday, and they clearly set themselves to try to beat us by resting a couple of players the previous week, their effort was ordinary, they have fallen a long way this season.

I felt a bit sad for GWS as now the largesse they received from the AFL as start up has petered out, they find themselves with a list of overpaid players moving into the end of their careers, an apparently tight salary cap, and a number of high draft picks who look to be getting "home sick", this feeling fueled of course by the big Melbourne clubs. Trade period is going to be nasty for them IMO.

Having had the greatest list ever assembled, they failed to win a flag and probably should have had at least two. As a club in foreign territory with a small supporter base and now looking like being consigned to mid table mediocrity for a long time, they may become a new problem for the AFL.
    Last edited by 707; 31st July 2022 at 10:38 AM.

Senior Player
    Looking forward to Richmond-Brisbane later. Should be a great game and hopefully ends with us in the top 4.

Quote Originally Posted by 707 View Post
    Carlton reverting to type? Brisbane at the Gabba, Dees, lose those two and it's final round against the Pies for Blues to scramble into the finals. What a game that would be!

And I'm like others, Buckley and Maguire gone and the Pies seem acceptable - in a way! Can't believe they keep winning games by a goal or less, it's nutso stuff.

Must say whilst it was great to give GWS a rogering yesterday, and they clearly set themselves to try to beat us by resting a couple of players the previous week, their effort was ordinary, they have fallen a long way this season.

I felt a bit sad for GWS as now the largesse they received from the AFL as start up has petered out, they find themselves with a list of overpaid players moving into the end of their careers, an apparently tight salary cap, and a number of high draft picks who look to be getting "home sick", this feeling fueled of course by the big Melbourne clubs. Trade period is going to be nasty for them IMO.

Having had the greatest list ever assembled, they failed to win a flag and probably should have had at least two. As a club in foreign territory with a small supporter base and now looking like being consigned to mid table mediocrity for a long time, they may become a new problem for the AFL.
    And their interim coach just said in public 2/3 of them don’t deserve to pull the guernsey on.

He implied there should be a clean out in the off-season.

Quote Originally Posted by snajik View Post
    …It's weird to say this, but I feel that I'm finding Collingwood less repulsive these days with Craig Macrae at the helm and Maguire consigned to the dustbin. I'm sure though things will revert to a more traditional pattern in two weeks' time when we face off at the SCG, or when they start playing finals again.
    Yes, it’s a weird feeling. New coach seems to be making them appear more human. Pretty impressive turnaround. I still prefer it when they’re losing games by a kick, tho’.

The SCG game will be finals-like given what could be riding on the outcome. We’ve been solid in all of our 8 point games in the 2nd half of this season, so let’s keep that going (this is gonna be a big one!).

I've probably mentioned this before, but Izak Rankine really does have some amazing skills.

Bugger Richmond look like @@@@ and Brisbane are looking really sharp might be back into 5th.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast