Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Rnd 21, vs North Melbourne at Marvel, on Sunday 7 August, 1:10 PM

Veterans List
    No change apart from injury. In 2005 we went into the finals with hardly an unchanged team. I doubt Buddy will want to rest. Kennedy played in the 2's so there is no reason he can't be the sub.

Amartey for Logan, hasnt done enough to keep him at bay and both had proven themselves in the 2s without having to star every week.

Fox, Stephens and Clarke have been very good on the back of a consistent run.

Opti-pessi-misti
    I thought Logan was very disappointing in the part of the VFL game that I watched on Sat. especially as he kicked 3 points from set shots after making no attempt to pass off the ball to anyone else.

Quote Originally Posted by Markwebbos View Post
    Horse isn’t a rester, but Buddy was never expected to play every game and we’ve got the hot Pies off a 6 day break.

It would allow us to play both Ladhams and Hickey against Goldy or give MacDonald another run prior to finals without dropping Amartey,

It might signal that we are not taking Norf seriously … but i think the opposite will be true and we’ll be up for this game.

Does anyone know what’s wrong with Hickey and whether rest will improve things?
    We’re playing the Magpies on Sunday, in the 3:20pm slot, so it’s definitely a 7-day break. They do have an extra 2 days rest, though.

Gesendet von iPad mit Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Kafka's Ghost View Post
    We’re playing the Magpies on Sunday, in the 3:20pm slot, so it’s definitely a 7-day break. They do have an extra 2 days rest, though.

Gesendet von iPad mit Tapatalk
    Ooops. Well spotted

Quote Originally Posted by Kafka's Ghost View Post
    I don't think this is a disadvantage for us. The 9 day break for Collingwood means an irregular training schedule for them, plus the long weekend will give Jordan de Goey more time to go on a drinking binge. The Pies can't go 9 days without getting into trouble.

Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    I don't think this is a disadvantage for us. The 9 day break for Collingwood means an irregular training schedule for them, plus the long weekend will give Jordan de Goey more time to go on a drinking binge. The Pies can't go 9 days without getting into trouble.

Quote Originally Posted by Maltopia View Post
    We will be playing for third spot. Either the Demons beat the Pies, and a win by us have us overtaking the Pies, or the Pies beat the Demons and we a good win by us will have us overtake the Demons.

The thing about having a large percentage like the Demons with 131.6, is that a loss always means a big drop in percentage. E.g., if they lose 80-81 to the Pies, they will drop to 127.7% compared to our 126.5.

Hard to drop anyone from our winning team, though Hickey is looking banged up. We might be tempted to rest someone vs North Melbourne, but we need a good win here to push for top 2!

I think Ladhams for Hickey might be the only change, but would be ok with Logan coming in for Almartey as well. JPK and Cunningham unlucky again I guess to be injured at the wrong time and for Fox, Stephens and Clarke to be playing really well.
    Maths not my strong point, but if they lose by a point, will their percentage really drop by almost 4? Seems a lot for such a wee loss?

Regular in the Side
    Quote Originally Posted by Nico View Post
    No change apart from injury. In 2005 we went into the finals with hardly an unchanged team. I doubt Buddy will want to rest. Kennedy played in the 2's so there is no reason he can't be the sub.
    No change - keep the 2005 vibe going.

I recall at the time I wanted Schauble and Nicks recalled for Bevan & LRT so clearly my team selection insights were not the best...

Reefer Madness
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by bandwagon View Post
    No change - keep the 2005 vibe going.

I recall at the time I wanted Schauble and Nicks recalled for Bevan & LRT so clearly my team selection insights were not the best...
    The great Luke Vogels tragedy.
    'Delicious' is a fun word to say

Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    It's more than enough time for De Goey to go to Bali, get thoroughly wasted, buy a small cow, and have an ugly confrontation at the airport, over the injustice of him not being allowed to bring his new friend back to Australia.

Guess who I spotted lurking behind the Troy Luff stand!

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast