Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Rnd 21, vs North Melbourne at Marvel, on Sunday 7 August, 1:10 PM

Suspended by the MRP
    Quote Originally Posted by Roadrunner View Post
    McDonald for Amartey is fair enough but how do you fit Joey and Roberts in?
    Clarke out. Decent role player but not best 22 . Would prefer Gus or Roberts

Quote Originally Posted by wolftone57 View Post
    Are Amartey & McLean much faster than Ladhams?
    McDonald and McLean are more dangerous marking forwards than Ladhams. I really don't see him replacing Armetey. I also note that the Kangas are only playing one ruck (Goldstein) so why should we play two? I don't think he dominates now like in the past. I think its more likely Logan comes in but I will take my hat off to you if we go with two rucks.
    Last edited by Aprilbr; 4th August 2022 at 09:46 PM.

Reefer Madness
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBloods View Post
    Good that Amartey is out , he is ok but we have better . McDonald in and get Joey and Roberts in

- - - Updated - - -

Didnt i say , VFL
    Who are Kennedy and Roberts replacing, or does that fall under the don’t talk about it rule?
    'Delicious' is a fun word to say

Quote Originally Posted by Aprilbr View Post
    I also note that the Kangas are only playing one ruck (Goldstein) so why should we play two?.
    Callum Coleman-Jones is also a ruckman. He only had 4 hitouts last game, so I doubt this will come into serious consideration as to who replaces Amartey. I think it's more likely to be Logan.

Veterans List
    Don't change the side that's done it well in recent games so fairly simple I would have thought, Amartey out, so either McDonald or Ladhams to replace him.

Kennedy sub.

Quote Originally Posted by ugg View Post
    Ladhams McDonald Roberts and Ronke are the ins
    Amartey is the only out so far

I suspect they might try the Hickey-Ladhams combo
    You may be right but I'm not sure it's the answer as Reid has been in the best form of his career playing as our 2nd ruckman and has actually been a real weapon at the Centre bounce against the opposition's back ups!

I reckon we should keep Ladhams as the Hickey back up for now and play him into some strong form in the VFL as I'm not 100% convinced his body will make it through the year... Fingers crossed!

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by TheBloods View Post
    Clarke out. Decent role player but not best 22 . Would prefer Gus or Roberts
    Rubbish. Clarke has been a proven negator/taggr. Gus & Roberts - while have potential - have proven nothing. C’mon!

Quote Originally Posted by 0918330512 View Post
    Rubbish. Clarke has been a proven negator/taggr. Gus & Roberts - while have potential - have proven nothing. C’mon!
    LOL

Coffs Harbour - home of Swans summer camp
    Quote Originally Posted by 0918330512 View Post
    Rubbish. Clarke has been a proven negator/taggr....
    ... goal kicker
    "Fortunately, this is the internet, so knowing nothing is no obstacle to having an opinion!." Beerman 18-07-2017

Regular in the Side
    Swapping the 23rd-best for the 22nd-best player on our list shouldn't make any difference to the result. At this stage of the season ensuring all the pieces work well together should be the focus. I can't see Roberts or Sheldrick getting another senior game, unless there are lots of injuries.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by bandwagon View Post
    Swapping the 23rd-best for the 22nd-best player on our list shouldn't make any difference to the result. At this stage of the season ensuring all the pieces work well together should be the focus. I can't see Roberts or Sheldrick getting another senior game, unless there are lots of injuries.
    Campbell in front of Roberts, who looked shell shocked in his debut, and Sheldrick.

When you're entering finals injuries will be covered by experienced senior players, Kennedy, Harry, Campbell etc. One and two gamers need not apply.

Quote Originally Posted by 707 View Post
    Campbell in front of Roberts, who looked shell shocked in his debut, and Sheldrick.

When you're entering finals injuries will be covered by experienced senior players, Kennedy, Harry, Campbell etc. One and two gamers need not apply.
    Full credit to Clarke. He slogged away in the wilderness for a couple of years, then got a senior spot just at the right time. He follows his instructions and has performed his role well. He is not capable of brilliant creative footy like Campbell or even Ronke and Wicks, but he is proving to be a safe pair of hands.

Campbell whilst a brilliant talent is quite inconsistent. He had loads of midfield time in the VFL last week for only 14 touches. Sheldrick is also inconsistent. In particular his disposal is quite rushed which is less than ideal.

Of the small fowards waiting in the wings Ronke and Wicks look much more AFL ready. Wicks is the most creative of the two with very precise ball movement, but needs to fix his goal kicking. Ronke is solid and at 25 years (like Clarke) is more reliable than the younger ones.

Going into finals the experienced reliable players will get the spots. Clarke will stay in unless he has two bad games in a row. Given the work he has done and his maturity it is hard to see this happening.

Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 LastLast