Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 2022 Finals Predictions

2022 Finals Predictions

Lay it on the line, who takes out the flags this year.

My predictions:

Prems: UNSW
    Prems Reserves: North Shore
    Women’s Prems: East Coast
    Platinum: Southern Power
    Platinum Reserves: Southern Power
    U19 D1: UNSW
    U19 D2: North Shore
    WD1: St George
    WD2: Randwick
    WD3: Parramatta
    WD4: South West
    MD1: North Shore
    MD2: East Coast
    MD3: Wollondilly

What’s yours?

Pretty accurate given performances across the year, although history tells us there is going to be an upset or two on GF day.

Prems: UNSW-ES...but they seem to be vulnerable against Sydney Uni and a grand final between the two sides would be interesting
    Prems Reserves: UNSW-ES
    Womens Prems: I'll go with Manly due to East Coast's two-match losing streak
    U19 D1: UNSW-ES

Don't know enough about the other competitions to make a prediction (I'd just be picking whoever is top of the ladder), but Southern Power look a sure bet for the Platinum Division.

If Southern Power go through as undefeated Premiers in Platinum and Platinum Reserves, does this give them additional weight to be a 10th Premier Division team in 2023 or is it always going to be a firm @no@ as St George are already their and that's one too many teams in the South? I know there are other considerations such as finances, fields etc but pretty ridiculous thought process when you could throw a tissue over UNSW, UTS and Sydney Uni in the city.

I think last time our reserves played southern power we beat them by over 10 goals. Big difference between prems reserves and platinum division.

Quote Originally Posted by geedoubleuess View Post
    If Southern Power go through as undefeated Premiers in Platinum and Platinum Reserves, does this give them additional weight to be a 10th Premier Division team in 2023 or is it always going to be a firm @no@ as St George are already their and that's one too many teams in the South? I know there are other considerations such as finances, fields etc but pretty ridiculous thought process when you could throw a tissue over UNSW, UTS and Sydney Uni in the city.
    Somewhat related but I witnessed the Div3 (3rd grade) Power coach who was the Runner yell at the opposition players on the field "thats how you play footy" after his team kicked a goal, they were barely 2 goals ahead against north shore's 6th grade team. Not sure they have enough depth to compete in Prems let alone reserves.

Quote Originally Posted by Yuri del Bosque View Post
    Prems: UNSW-ES...but they seem to be vulnerable against Sydney Uni and a grand final between the two sides would be interesting
    Prems Reserves: UNSW-ES
    Womens Prems: I'll go with Manly due to East Coast's two-match losing streak
    U19 D1: UNSW-ES

Don't know enough about the other competitions to make a prediction (I'd just be picking whoever is top of the ladder), but Southern Power look a sure bet for the Platinum Division.
    Yuri - welcome to the forum - obviously you are a passionate UNSW supporter as I don't think UNSW can make finals in Ressies; so winning the flag is going to be hard.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Wills View Post
    Yuri - welcome to the forum - obviously you are a passionate UNSW supporter as I don't think UNSW can make finals in Ressies; so winning the flag is going to be hard.
    woops! wasn't paying attention and meant to write Sydney Uni...no club affiliation, BTW - I watch matches at various venues as a neutral but Henson Park is one of my favourites

Warming the Bench
    Quote Originally Posted by saviour01 View Post
    I think last time our reserves played southern power we beat them by over 10 goals. Big difference between prems reserves and platinum division.
    I am a fan of the promotion relegation system and think it should be implemented between Prem & Platinum divisions once we get back to even number of teams at Premier Division. Would like to see Southern promoted - who knows what they could do in the offseason in recruitment etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Tim Freedman View Post
    I am a fan of the promotion relegation system and think it should be implemented between Prem & Platinum divisions once we get back to even number of teams at Premier Division. Would like to see Southern promoted - who knows what they could do in the offseason in recruitment etc.
    There are a couple of prem div teams that are struggling, but need to be careful about the gap between prem div and platinum. I’ve watched a couple of games recently and Platinum is closer to Div 1 than it is to Prem Div. Watched a Southern Power game 2 weeks ago and they’re not bad. They might beat/challenge the bottom prem div teams, but they’d need to come in with quite a bit of support, otherwise we get another Camden situation.

Quote Originally Posted by Blinkers28 View Post
    Lay it on the line, who takes out the flags this year.

My predictions:

Prems: UNSW
    Prems Reserves: North Shore
    Women’s Prems: East Coast
    Platinum: Southern Power
    Platinum Reserves: Southern Power
    U19 D1: UNSW
    U19 D2: North Shore
    WD1: St George
    WD2: Randwick
    WD3: Parramatta
    WD4: South West
    MD1: North Shore
    MD2: East Coast
    MD3: Wollondilly

What’s yours?
    Bit harsh when I didn't have a prediction myself... UNSW looking good in prems. Should be a really open finals series. I think winner of 4 v 5 has ability to go through and knock off a couple of the top 3.
    MD2 - ECE get beat by 12 goals from UNSW. I get they had a few out, but 12 goals is significant. Us v them this week should be interesting both at full strength.
    Prems reserve - Surely Sydney uni are in the box seat. Does penno being out of prems hurt or help their reserves?

Almost Football Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by saviour01 View Post
    Does penno being out of prems hurt or help their reserves?
    I would think it would help them, likewise UTS. Fringe prems players who have switched between seniors & reserves for the year will be available for reserves finals; whereas for North Shore, Sydney Uni & St George those players will be in Prems.

Follow me on Twitter - @tealfooty

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast