Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Round 21: the other games. Yes, I know it's better for our ladder position, but...

Senior Player
    Without getting ahead of ourselves next week will be a great test for us and it would be very satisfying if we can put a stop to the Collingwood momentum.
    Probably will be our most important home and away game for the year as long as we get up this weekend.

Outer wing, Lake Oval Sandridge's Avatar
    Hurts to say this but Collingwood were damn good and we've got a real fight on our hands next week.

Quote Originally Posted by Faunac8 View Post
    Without getting ahead of ourselves next week will be a great test for us and it would be very satisfying if we can put a stop to the Collingwood momentum.
    Probably will be our most important home and away game for the year as long as we get up this weekend.
    +1 bigger than huge. Massive in fact.

De Goey never gets tackled , always moving swerving, weaving, dodging, it’s an excellent skillset for young players to watch .

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Maltopia View Post
    Melbourne lost 2.2 percentage points. A big win by us vs North will have us overtake them for 3rd.

Pies will have heaps of confidence coming into the game against us. Destiny (2nd place) is really in our hands!
    On the other hand, if we don't win ALL of our remaining games we will drop out of the top 4.

Sent from my SM-T865 using Tapatalk
    We have them where we want them, everything is going according to plan!

2nd place is ours if we are good enough! Our destiny is our own hands which is a positive!

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

On the veteran's list
    I was hoping the Dees would win so we’d skip ahead of Pies provided we win on Sunday, but it’s probably academic anyway because if we lose to the pie’s next round they’d leap frog us again anyway. Tonight’s result now puts Melbourne within reach as well.

If we beat North by about 40 or more points we’ll move to third. That means next week’s game against the Pies is a battle for second place. I hope the SCG sells out for that.

Interesting stats from the game.
    Kicks: Melbourne 201, Collingwood 217.
    Handballs: Melbourne 208, Collingwood 99.

Which I think confirms what you shouldn't do against Collingwood. Don't continually go for short handballs, as it only allows them to up the pressure and force turnovers. And conversely, what you should do is use an accurate kicking game, to take the sting out of that pressure. And since they will be attacking with their own kicking game, everyone needs to do a whole lot of defensive running, to deny them time and space.

It's going to be a challenge, but it's not a style of play that's new to us.

Quote Originally Posted by dejavoodoo44 View Post

Which I think confirms what you shouldn't do against Collingwood. Don't continually go for short handballs, as it only allows them to up the pressure and force turnovers. And conversely, what you should do is use an accurate kicking game, to take the sting out of that pressure. And since they will be attacking with their own kicking game, everyone needs to do a whole lot of defensive running, to deny them time and space.

Totally agree. We play our best footy with a high pressure game, and so do Collingwood. It should be a good test to see who can execute a similar game plan the best. Our skill execution should be better than Collingwood, but that's just on paper and we will have to do it on the ground.

It was a great game to watch. Even though I don't like the Pies, the result makes for a great contest next week. I should be a finals type game, if both teams bring their best. Something to get excited about. We just have to make sure we beat NM and not get ahead of ourselves.

Quote Originally Posted by dejavoodoo44 View Post

It isn't new to us as you say.

Did anyone watch fox post game and notice Buckley attempt to take credit for the way Collingwood is succeeding now.
    I swear he tried to say that the basis of the current side had been there for five years and just had that bad year last year.
    I don't know if that was meant to be a boast or a slight on his coaching..I think it was an attempted boast.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by joeykanga View Post
    It isn't new to us as you say.

Did anyone watch fox post game and notice Buckley attempt to take credit for the way Collingwood is succeeding now.
    I swear he tried to say that the basis of the current side had been there for five years and just had that bad year last year.
    I don't know if that was meant to be a boast or a slight on his coaching..I think it was an attempted boast.
    Yes Buckley is not doing him self any favours recently that was embarrassing to listen to talk about grasping at straws.
    His comment to a fellow commentator recently “ how many games did you play “ was an example of his arrogance.
    No wonder he was called FIGJAM
    The fact he never won a premiership was just reward for his attitude towards Brisbane when he was drafted.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast