Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Round 21: the other games. Yes, I know it's better for our ladder position, but...

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Faunac8 View Post
    Without getting ahead of ourselves next week will be a great test for us and it would be very satisfying if we can put a stop to the Collingwood momentum.
    Probably will be our most important home and away game for the year as long as we get up this weekend.
    Bet365 had us as massive $1.23 favourites this morning (crazy), but now they have suspended the market, probably until they see how we do against North Melbourne.

Senior Player
    Post game, Buckley had the gall to say that the Collingwood team today is essentially five years of strong football apart from one bad year last year (when he stopped coaching). So he is saying he got them to where they are today...

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Maltopia View Post
    Post game, Buckley had the gall to say that the Collingwood team today is essentially five years of strong football apart from one bad year last year (when he stopped coaching). So he is saying he got them to where they are today...
    I really think it's time for Buckley to "move on" from the fact that he is not the Collingwood coach anymore and is now just another
    TV footy show clown. I mean, we all have.

(Grudgingly) credit where credit is due… 11 in a row and you have to say it is not a fluke they keep winning the close ones. They manage the end of games very well. Good news is they are due for a loss and we should be up for the challenge

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by troyjones2525 View Post
    2nd place is ours if we are good enough! Our destiny is our own hands which is a positive!
    Simple really, beat Norf, Pies and Saints, we'll be second, home final, double chance. It's all up to us, after last night, we don't need any other results now.

Senior Player
    The AFL would have to be happy with that for a Friday night game. Exciting stuff and I have to say, very entertaining and enjoyable as a neutral observer.

I reckon our boys will be relishing the challenge of being the team to end that streak next week.

Quote Originally Posted by Maltopia View Post
    I said the same in an earlier post. The other commentators didn't seem to know how to respond and left him hanging on that comment and quickly moved on. He's an interesting case study...he's actually insightful at times in commentary but then you see his big ego which now keeps being overfed in his new gig. And I keep thinking Heritier Lumumba and what he did there and remind myself of the real Buckley that contrasts with the side he's trying to now rebrand and repolish in his high profile media role . The way he brushed off all the accusations from Heretier was so smug.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by joeykanga View Post
    I said the same in an earlier post. The other commentators didn't seem to know how to respond and left him hanging on that comment and quickly moved on. He's an interesting case study...he's actually insightful at times in commentary but then you see his big ego which now keeps being overfed in his new gig. And I keep thinking Heritier Lumumba and what he did there and remind myself of the real Buckley that contrasts with the side he's trying to now rebrand and repolish in his high profile media role . The way he brushed off all the accusations from Heretier was so smug.
    Yep, Buckley can't undo the Lumumba situation and he is so dumb he thinks the smug thing flies. Man, what a peanut.
    Last edited by KTigers; 6th August 2022 at 10:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    Totally agree. We play our best footy with a high pressure game, and so do Collingwood. It should be a good test to see who can execute a similar game plan the best. Our skill execution should be better than Collingwood, but that's just on paper and we will have to do it on the ground.

It was a great game to watch. Even though I don't like the Pies, the result makes for a great contest next week. I should be a finals type game, if both teams bring their best. Something to get excited about. We just have to make sure we beat NM and not get ahead of ourselves.
    It should be a ripper game!

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by 707 View Post
    Simple really, beat Norf, Pies and Saints, we'll be second, home final, double chance. It's all up to us, after last night, we don't need any other results now.
    Melbourne can still finish ahead on percentage. We need to gain about 3 percentage on them by having better wins.

As I mentioned in another thread, we play the very last game of the regular season and will know how much we need to beat the Saints by to grab second.

Aut vincere aut mori Thunder Shaker's Avatar
    My secret laboratory in the suburbs of Melbourne
    Quote Originally Posted by cruiser View Post
    If we beat North by about 40 or more points we’ll move to third. That means next week’s game against the Pies is a battle for second place. I hope the SCG sells out for that.
    Exact figures: Start with 33 points, then outscore North Melbourne by greater than 67 points for every 52 thereafter. 67/52 is equal to Melbourne's current percentage.

Note that exactly 100 to 52 would put us level with Melbourne on percentage (though we would be ahead on the tie breaks). We need to score more than that to go ahead.
    "Unbelievable!" -- Nick Davis leaves his mark on the 2005 semi final

Outer wing, Lake Oval Sandridge's Avatar
    Freo just put a big dent in the Poodles' finals chances!

Poodles only won the free kick count by 4 so they were always going to struggle with that sort of mistreatment.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast