Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Round 21: the other games. Yes, I know it's better for our ladder position, but...

Quote Originally Posted by Sandridge View Post
    Freo just put a big dent in the Poodles' finals chances!

Poodles only won the free kick count by 4 so they were always going to struggle with that sort of mistreatment.
    I was just about to post, that I'd like to say that they're gone, but I don't really think they are. A Richmond win tonight would make it very difficult for them, though.

Reefer Madness
    Blog Entries
    Sam Darcy is going to be a once in a generation player. A 210cm player with that ability to read the play and that level of kicking skills, yikes.
    'Delicious' is a fun word to say

Quote Originally Posted by i'm-uninformed2 View Post
    Sam Darcy is going to be a once in a generation player. A 210cm player with that ability to read the play and that level of kicking skills, yikes.
    Kinnear Beatson said that if he held pick 1 in last year's draft and it were an 'open' draft (i.e. no shenanigans with father-son, Academies etc.) he would have taken Darcy.
    All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated, and well supported in logic and argument than others. -Douglas Adams, author (11 Mar 1952-2001)

Reefer Madness
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by bloodspirit View Post
    Kinnear Beatson said that if he held pick 1 in last year's draft and it were an 'open' draft (i.e. no shenanigans with father-son, Academies etc.) he would have taken Darcy.
    I remember that interview and he said it was a no brainer. Can’t believe he’s grown another 5cm since being drafted.

Reefer Madness
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by KTigers View Post
    I really think it's time for Buckley to "move on" from the fact that he is not the Collingwood coach anymore and is now just another
    TV footy show clown. I mean, we all have.
    Isn’t the real problem with Buckley as a commentator, is that he’s boring? Like, I don’t mean he’s not a Kane Cornes courting controversy, or a James Brayshaw screaming into the microphone mindlessly, boring.

But, he’s just plain boring.

Out of Bounds on the Full Goal Sneak's Avatar
    Dan Hannebery subbed out after only a couple of games. Poor bloke, just can't seem to get his body back to where it needs to be. Not what a champion like him deserves.

Quote Originally Posted by i'm-uninformed2 View Post
    Isn’t the real problem with Buckley as a commentator, is that he’s boring? Like, I don’t mean he’s not a Kane Cornes courting controversy, or a James Brayshaw screaming into the microphone mindlessly, boring.

But, he’s just plain boring.
    Yup, he is extremely boring.

Don't really want Carlton to win, but it'd be nice if they could kick a few goals; just to dent Brisbane's percentage.

No Hewett, no Carlton?

Senior Player
    Right now Brisbane's % is 123.9, so it's barely changed.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by dejavoodoo44 View Post
    Don't really want Carlton to win, but it'd be nice if they could kick a few goals; just to dent Brisbane's percentage.
    You're wish has been granted.....Lions losing percentage as we speak. In fact, the Lions might bloody well lose the match.....3 and a bit minutes left and the margin is back to 15 pts!

Oh, Hipwood has just scored what should be the sealer.

Bizarre game. For most of it, Carlton looked inept, but in the last they looked a chance of pulling off a huge comeback. With three minutes to go, the question was, could they pile on a further three goals. And then Brisbane kicked three in ninety seconds. Go figure.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast