Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: The JPK tribute thread.

Reefer Madness
    Blog Entries

The JPK tribute thread.

Bugger it. It might be too early to be official, but JPK deserves his own tribute thread.

What a beast of a player. In my time watching the Swans (very early 90s), only Paul Kelly, Plugger, Goodes and Buddy surpass him.

He holds the AFL record for clearances and contested possessions. He was the best at the art in the entire comp for close to a decade. No ifs, no buts. A total legend at the coalface.

The best Swan on the ground in 2014 and 2016, and a big part of 2012. B&Fs, including one in 2012 which is about as big a wrap as you could get. Three AAs. A captain.

Did the dirty work better than anyone, and had better skills than appreciated.

They should build a statue for this bloke. One of our greatest.
    'Delicious' is a fun word to say

Veterans List
    Yep, very sad that he got injured today. Pressing for one last hurrah with the ones.....instead it was maybe his last game today.....which would be terribly sad. A bone fide Swans legend, one of the best we've had.

ABSOLUTE CHAMPION BLOOD! Thanks for your years of faithful, brilliant service.

I think it's likely he's played his last game. There are worse ways to go out, especially if we win the flag! He's wrung every bit out of himself and departs with a legacy and records he deserves. AFL Hall of Famer, Swans great. Thoughtful and nice to talk to. Lovely family man from what I have observed. Hopefully one of the next generation can carry on the torch with the Swans in the years to come. I hope we can find a way to keep him around the club. He will be a brilliant development coach if he cares to go that way.
    All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated, and well supported in logic and argument than others. -Douglas Adams, author (11 Mar 1952-2001)

News on Instagram is that he has retired

Thanks for everything Joey

A warrrior. A Swan for life. He didn’t quite leave on his own terms, but announcing just before the most important game of the season to perhaps give that little bit more inspiration is a genuine captain’s call.

Thank you for your service. Than you for the memories. Look forward to your contribution to the club in many ways for many years to come.

The embodiment of the Bloods spirit. Thanks for everything Joey.

Gesendet von iPad mit Tapatalk

Out of Bounds on the Full Goal Sneak's Avatar
    Absolute legend and will go down as one of the great Swans leaders. So thankful to get to see such a champ at work. He is all class. Cheers JPK.

Senior Player
    What to say...one of our very best, of all time I'd say. The Swans ethos encapsulated in one person.

2023 will feel strange at first, that first season after a legend departs is always odd, not seeing them out there.

Leaves a great legacy, and a successor who we'll talk about in the same way I think.

Regular in the Side
    Agree with all the acolades here. Been exceptional for the Swans. Well done joey.

Veterans List
    Sad way for it to end.

One of the very best inside mids for a decade, willed us over the line on numerous occasions, and inspirational and humble captain, a legend of the club.

All the best Joey.

An absolute champion who always gave 110% for his team.

He will be sorely missed and I hope the team play their hearts out this weekend for a great captain, player and overall great guy.

Senior Player
    Damn. Such a pity. Footballers don't come any better than JPK. All class.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast