Page 14 of 22 FirstFirst ... 4101112131415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: Sydney vs North Melbourne

Senior Player
    It's pretty hard to stay up at the peak for every game. We won by six goals. Next week is the big one. Win next week and conceding the last three goals today doesn't matter.

On the veteran's list
    Clarke has to go. Handful of possessions and one tackle. Missed a sitter and stuffed up a couple of thrusts forward when he was on the end of a chain of possessions. Not sure who he played on but their back flankers ran the ball out pretty well.

Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    Perhaps NM's 2 best games of the year were against us. We did win both, but they put up a very good fight.

I'm not being negative, but there were several things that didn't go well for us. When you put it all together, it took a bit of sheen off a win we had to have. The things that bothered me about the game were:
    • Tom McCartin has his worst game I can remember. Larkey was very good and the timing of the delivery to him was excellent. He kicked freakishly well.
    • We didn't get much at CBs from our midfielders. Most of our effectiveness, when it happened, was generated from Hickey. We will have to do better.
    • A lot of ball just seemed to go the way of North. There were so many opportunities that just escaped us by a whisker.
    • 88 points is a big score to give up to the 18th team.
    • As noted by some, JMac is out of form.
    • I was disappointed with Clarke's game today. The game looked too quick for him at times and I couldn't see what he gave us as a defensive forward.
    • I was hoping for a better game from Stephens today. I've not gone off him, but thought he might have done more against a team with several inexperienced outside players.

I suppose that I was thinking ahead to next week's big game and was hoping we would have a top level performance from all our players, especially given how well Collingwood have been playing. But next week is a different game and we will just take it as it comes.
    Totally agree with your assessment here especially your comments on Clarke.

Aaron Hall got far too much of the ball for someone who was being tagged as a half back! Clarke has done his job most weeks so I'm not off him yet but I would like him to hit the scoreboard a little more too as well as close down the opposition's best ball user off half back.

If he gets another chance let's hope he comes through next week!

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

Veterans List
    Blues are kicking a few in the last to hopefully keep Brisbane in fifth.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBloods View Post
    Hes out of form , you dont have to hang the kid ! He will come good , the great talents always do . Wouldnt help if he knew the faithful were slagging him off . He did his knee , rd 1 do you remember that ? He is 21 for gods sake , you obviously never played with an injury before !
    I had a quad injury for 8 weeks and couldn't play. I know what it is like to recover and play from an injury. But who am I to argue with someone who knows everything. How do you know he is playing with an injury? There I go again, having a differing opinion than someone who knows everything.

Veterans List
    If you think im a hypocrite then fine , not interested to hear what you think of me , only what you think of Jmac . If you dont have an opinion on who we were talking about why bother replying ?
    Because you're lack of self awareness is very frustrating to many.... and we'd just like to help you out with this flaw. It's obvious you don't want to look within...if so, that's fine. I'll move on.....until next time.

On Jmac, he is sadly out of form, which is frustrating as we all know how good he can be....so injury or no injury, he needs to lift his game. That is a fact....and it's not bringing him down to point that out.

Having said that, he won't be dropped.

Clarke didn’t shut down Hall as well as he has other half backs. Hall may just have a yard of pace more than his other recent opponents. I’d be happy to play him again though as I think Nick Daicos is a good opponent for him next week.

On the positive, I thought Logan showed a few things that sets him apart from Amartey and McLean. His groundball get and slick handball to Papley for our 2nd goal (I think) was outstanding. His running up and down the field was also strong as highlighted by that defensive play.

Senior Player
    Six Carlton goals to Brisbane's nil in the last. Percentage gap very safe.

Quote Originally Posted by MattW View Post
    Six Carlton goals to Brisbane's nil in the last. Percentage gap very safe.
    Wow. Massive comeback. Gonna run out of time - but will be close

Please give the bickering a rest. It’s boring.

Not our best outing today - but norf would’ve approached this as a winnable game & I was nervous coming into it… even more nervous until midway through the third.

When we’re missing shots we should kick, I always get nervous.

On a brighter note, for a moment there we had the highest points for in the comp. How long has it been since that’s happened?

My opinion is there is no one better in the vfl to do what Jmac does and we have bigger problems than him . Say hes out of form fine , but its the ignoring everything he has done before that upsets me .
    No one is ignoring how JMac has played in the past. That's why we all say he is out of form rather than saying he is a poor player. The game is about the future, not the past. We are simply wondering whether JMac will continue in this vein of form or return to the high impact player he was before. It's about the next game, not last year.

I think both Campbell and Cunningham could come in and play as well as, if not better than, the way JMac has played in recent weeks. It's a close call.

This is not a suggestion that I would make, but something you might consider: Bring Gus in to replace JMac in the side, put him in the midfield and move Chad to the wing, and give JMac some time to recover from his unspecified injury.

Out of Bounds on the Full Goal Sneak's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    No one is ignoring how JMac has played in the past. That's why we all say he is out of form rather than saying he is a poor player. The game is about the future, not the past. We are simply wondering whether JMac will continue in this vein of form or return to the high impact player he was before. It's about the next game, not last year.

I think both Campbell and Cunningham could come in and play as well as, if not better than, the way JMac has played in recent weeks. It's a close call.

This is not a suggestion that I would make, but something you might consider: Bring Gus in to replace JMac in the side, put him in the midfield and move Chad to the wing, and give JMac some time to recover from his unspecified injury.
    While I'm a fan of Gus, I don't think he could do what Chad does in the middle. Campbell or Cunningham are the most likely choice IF Justin is to be dropped.